OR - Public health emergency declared over measles anti-vax hotspot near Portland and NY, Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thousands of U.S. kindergartners unvaccinated without waivers

Columbus, Ohio – States are heatedly debating whether to make it more difficult for students to avoid vaccinations for religious or philosophical reasons amid the worst measles outbreak in decades, but schoolchildren using such waivers are outnumbered in many states by those who give no excuse at all for lacking their shots.

A majority of unvaccinated or undervaccinated kindergartners in at least 10 states were allowed to enroll provisionally for the last school year, without any formal exemption, according to data reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Only 27 states submitted information about the group, so the true size of the problem is unknown...

Thousands of U.S. kindergartners unvaccinated without waivers

Columbus, Ohio – States are heatedly debating whether to make it more difficult for students to avoid vaccinations for religious or philosophical reasons amid the worst measles outbreak in decades, but schoolchildren using such waivers are outnumbered in many states by those who give no excuse at all for lacking their shots.

A majority of unvaccinated or undervaccinated kindergartners in at least 10 states were allowed to enroll provisionally for the last school year, without any formal exemption, according to data reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Only 27 states submitted information about the group, so the true size of the problem is unknown...
All the unvaccinated kids need to be in their own bubble. Parents can homeschool them. If the parents choose to medicate like its the 1800s, they can school their kids like its the 1800s.

What's it gonna take? A resurgence of Polio? Measles is terrible enough. Those kids should be denied placement at public education facilities until they can produce the proper medical documentation to prove that they're not a public safety hazard. Parents who are this irresponsible should be held accountable imo.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/new-york-eliminates-religious-exemption-vaccine-requirements-n1017431
New York eliminates religious exemption to vaccine requirements
The US is facing its worst measles outbreak in decades, with most of the cases in Brooklyn and Rockland County, New York.
June 13, 2019, 5:52 PM EDT
By Associated Press

The New York state Assembly has voted to eliminate a religious exemption to vaccine mandates for schoolchildren in the face of its worst measles outbreak in decades.

The Democrat-led chamber approved the bill Thursday. The Senate plans to take up the measure later in the day.

Similar exemptions are allowed in 46 states. But lawmakers in several of them are also considering eliminating the waiver. Maine nixed its religious exemption earlier this year.
[...]

Measles cases are on the rise, but some Tampa Bay parents won’t vaccinate their kids
FLORIDA
Measles cases are on the rise, but some Tampa Bay parents won’t vaccinate their kids
While health officials push a message that vaccines are safe and necessary, they often fail to connect with those who distrust traditional medicine.
June 13, 2019

[...]
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is reporting the largest number of measles cases nationally in 25 years. New York, Washington and Texas are seeing outbreaks.

Florida investigated 15 measles cases in 2018, up from the previous five years, when fewer than 10 cases was the norm.

Pinellas County reported three cases in unvaccinated adults last year — the first the county has seen in 20 years. And last month, researchers identified Hillsborough as the 17th most at-risk county in the nation for a measles outbreak.

Some doctors fear they’ll never be able to convince people like Miano and her friends that vaccines are safe and effective.
[...]

FLORIDA
While health officials push a message that vaccines are safe and necessary, they often fail to connect with those who distrust traditional medicine.
June 13, 2019

[...]
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is reporting the largest number of measles cases nationally in 25 years. New York, Washington and Texas are seeing outbreaks.

Florida investigated 15 measles cases in 2018, up from the previous five years, when fewer than 10 cases was the norm.

Pinellas County reported three cases in unvaccinated adults last year — the first the county has seen in 20 years. And last month, researchers identified Hillsborough as the 17th most at-risk county in the nation for a measles outbreak.

Some doctors fear they’ll never be able to convince people like Miano and her friends that vaccines are safe and effective.
[...]
This is infuriating. Tampa has one of the top 10 cancer centers in the country (Moffitt). The number of patients with weakened immune systems is very high in the area. They cannot be vaccinated or can only have limited number of dead vaccines. A live vaccine or a disease like measles will kill them. She needs to move to the flippin' moon...by herself.

This woman is choosing to misinterpret what she's learning and then sharing it as fact. Thankfully, her social media posts are deleted promptly. She is a control freak. In my opinion, her son is not autistic and he is not "almost cured". The traits she describes are not exclusive to autism or Asperger's or "on the spectrum." It's called delayed social skills, social anxiety and possibly a processing disorder when it comes to learning. (I have a kid with similar symptoms) It has zero to do with any vaccines and is 100% related to the neuron development in the brain.

And he is a boy, they develop later and they develop differently. Duh. She is comparing him to her two daughters. Poor kid. What is her plan when their hormones kick in and they revolt, they go to social events she can't control, go visit Dad and eat pizza or birthday cake??? This isn't a food allergy where you truly do have to control food! Those kids are going to learn she is a nut job if they can survive her brainwashing. If she keeps at it, she could lose custody or the kids will just go live with Dad.

Here's an interesting article about measles in Ukraine, and it explains why there are so many cases of measles there. The medical student who died of measles
The young man who died was vaccinated as a child, but the vaccine was ineffective, possibly because it hadn't been stored correctly, the cold-chain had perhaps been broken.

There are also many other reasons why the vaccination rates have gone down in Ukraine, for example that people have stopped trusting what authorities says, after the breakdown of the Soviet Union.

Also, adults who have been previously vaccinated may not realize that some vaccines need a booster. I learned this when my grandson was born. I had the DPT (Diptheria, Perstussis and Tetanus vaccine) as a child and and a tetanus booster after injuring myself on metal. But it never occurred to me that I might need boosters for the others.

My grandson in Miami had to stay in the hospital for 10 days after he was born. My daughter was able to stay with him and I was there nearly 24/7. I handled him and changed him, making sure to wash my hands regularly.

When I flew home a couple of weeks later I contracted Pertussis (Whooping Cough), probably on the plane. After not being able to shake the barking cough and pain I went to the doctor who diagnosed and treated me.

Imagine if I had caught it on the plane to Miami! My grandson was too young to be vaccinated for Pertussis. It sickens me to think about what harm (possibly fatal) I could have done to him if circumstances were slightly different?

Years back when I took some continuing college ed courses the university made me get updated on my measles vaccination. Since I had had pretty much every variety of measles as a child I thought it was silly but I had no choice. Now I know better.

Adults - make sure you're up to date too! And never stop fighting for herd immunity! The next victim could be your child or your grandchild!

Number of unvaccinated children up in Michigan in 2018

The number of unvaccinated children in Michigan continues to climb, especially among the state's youngest children, and as southeast Michigan has struggled with a measles outbreak.

Statistics from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services show that 14,874 children, or 3.8%, had vaccine waivers in 2018. A waiver opts them out of getting vaccinated before entering school or day care. That's compared with 14,365, or 3.6%, in 2017...

Detroit measles case confirmed in resident who returned from overseas

DETROIT - The Detroit Health Department announced Friday health officials have confirmed a case of measles in a Detroit resident who recently returned from overseas travel.

The person went to the Emergency Department at Children’s Hospital of Michigan (CHM), located at 3901 Beaubien, Detroit, MI 48201 on July 16, 2019, from 12:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The person also went to their physician’s office in Macomb County and everyone who was exposed at that location was directly notified, according to the health department...

This is infuriating. Tampa has one of the top 10 cancer centers in the country (Moffitt). The number of patients with weakened immune systems is very high in the area. They cannot be vaccinated or can only have limited number of dead vaccines. A live vaccine or a disease like measles will kill them. She needs to move to the flippin' moon...by herself.

This woman is choosing to misinterpret what she's learning and then sharing it as fact. Thankfully, her social media posts are deleted promptly. She is a control freak. In my opinion, her son is not autistic and he is not "almost cured". The traits she describes are not exclusive to autism or Asperger's or "on the spectrum." It's called delayed social skills, social anxiety and possibly a processing disorder when it comes to learning. (I have a kid with similar symptoms) It has zero to do with any vaccines and is 100% related to the neuron development in the brain.

And he is a boy, they develop later and they develop differently. Duh. She is comparing him to her two daughters. Poor kid. What is her plan when their hormones kick in and they revolt, they go to social events she can't control, go visit Dad and eat pizza or birthday cake??? This isn't a food allergy where you truly do have to control food! Those kids are going to learn she is a nut job if they can survive her brainwashing. If she keeps at it, she could lose custody or the kids will just go live with Dad.

It is very interesting that you mention that. When I taught school, Mothers were clamoring to have their children declared "Autistic" as their disability. Why? Because of the additional funding available for respite care, ABA Social Skills training, lots of additional resources, benefits and services.

Geez, one would think that a parent would feel relieved that their child does not meet the criteria for "Autism", rather than argue, demanding that the diagnosis be changed.

These are usually the same parents who have blamed vaccines for their children having developmental delays. So, the siblings do not have vaccinations.

This Flight Attendants death is, IMO, a reason to enforce the vaccination of ALL children. Throw out the religious exemption immediately, please.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back