OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lucky to have seen the work you did checking into media gaps - I really hope LE looks at it! I've seen a few cable channel ID crime shows in which an important clue or tip is brushed aside - only to be discovered and used to solve a case years later when it's reopened as by cold case investigators.

Hmmmm...I think I'll send it to them again and ask for an acknowledgment that they received it. Thanks for the nudge.

Today at 1:00 p.m. PDT is the flier distribution for Stephanie. I won't be able to make it, but here's hoping for a good turnout. If there is news video, I will post it. If not, I will do my best to report on any news coverage.

I'm very interested to know who shows up. There has been unusual silence on social media since 8/19-20 from three of those closest to Stephanie in Ruch. And as usual, never a word about Stephanie. :mad:

There was a nice report about the flier distribution on KOBI a few minutes ago. It was hard to tell if there was a good turnout. Her family was not there, but they did help organize it. There was no mention of her boyfriend. Two friends were interviewed, as well as Detective Henderson who emphasized how loved Stephanie is. He and his partner were shown passing out fliers in Jacksonville. He said that they want any tip they can get, even RUMORS!!

If they post a video, I will link it. The other two local stations are preempting news with football and NASCAR (humph), so I have my DVR set to record the news at 11:00.

Yay! Here's the KOBI story and YouTube link to the video if you want to go straight to video.
http://www.kobi5.com/news/local-news/item/search-for-stephanie-warner.html

Saturday friends and officials from the Jackson County Sheriff's office met at the Jackson County Fuel Committee in Ashland to hand out the flyers.

"We're hoping that by handing out these flyers someone might know something."

Although Warner's family from Louisiana could not be here today, they, along with friends, organized today's meeting at the wood yard where Warner often volunteered.

"In the last month it has been a great group effort circumstances are suspicious and we just need someone to come forward."

Friends and loved ones say they will not stop searching for the woman who made their lives brighter.

The Jackson County Sheriff's office is asking anyone who knows anything to come forward. They say even if it's a rumor -- they want to know about it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=49C8EJ_DyeM&desktop_uri=/watch?v=49C8EJ_DyeM

Here is another video link. Thankfully, KDRV posted this on their website even though there was no news broadcast.

http://m.kdrv.com/kdrv/db_287828/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=28Wmx3hG

“Her bank account hasn’t been used. Some of the other accounts that you would normally see being active have not been active. And just her general character, this is definitely out of the ordinary for her,” said lead investigator Eric Henderson, a Detective with the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department.

Warner was last seen her at the Fourth of July parade in Ashland representing the fuel committee, a commitment she displayed no intention of leaving.

“She actually talked to (BJ), who runs the Jackson County Fuel Committee, and told him that she would talk to him the next day,” said Henderson.

Sheriff’s deputies are revealing little at this point, but they say it isn’t a homicide investigation. And it’s receiving all the resources the county can muster.

“Several detectives from our own agency are on this, and detectives from other agencies this entire time have been working on this case because it’s so important to us to find her,”
said Henderson.

And here is the video link from the third station.

http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_8797.shtml

Close friends of Stephanie's, such as (EB), say everyday has been a challenge. (B) said he was one of the last to see Stephanie and sensed something wasn't right.

"I did sense something was amiss but really the way things were, she seemed in a rush, but I didn't get a chance to ask what's going on or what's bothering you or anything like that,"
said (B).

There was a nice report about the flier distribution on KOBI a few minutes ago. It was hard to tell if there was a good turnout. Her family was not there, but they did help organize it. There was no mention of her boyfriend. Two friends were interviewed, as well as Detective Henderson who emphasized how loved Stephanie is. He and his partner were shown passing out fliers in Jacksonville. He said that they want any tip they can get, even RUMORS!!

If they post a video, I will link it. The other two local stations are preempting news with football and NASCAR (humph), so I have my DVR set to record the news at 11:00.

BBM - nice for them to say, now hope they acknowledge your tip!

Old Steve, I never thought of the hypothetical angle. I don't have any family where I live, and if I disappeared and my husband didn't report it . . . I guess the first inquiries would come from work. They would call him and if he didn't answer then I'm not sure what they would do. They might have someone come by the house to see if I was okay. I expect that might even be the first day (if I went missing on a weekday) that I didn't show up or call in for work and they couldn't get hold of my husband. Some of my co-workers are Facebook friends and would probably post something on there so my family would see it. So we're looking at maybe 2 or 3 days, tops, before someone would know and start looking and/or call the cops.

BBM - nice for them to say, now hope they acknowledge your tip!

I just got a one line email from the detective thanking me for my concern for Stephanie and saying he got my email. Now I have his direct email address in case we all come up with something. I thought you'd want to know. :)

I just got a one line email from the detective thanking me for my concern for Stephanie and saying he got my email. Now I have his direct email address in case we all come up with something. I thought you'd want to know. :)

Yes and thanks! You did good, as they say, and the proverbial ball is now in their court on that!

This case is local to me, and I can't help but think of the last young woman who was missing in Ruch. After "extensive searches" were conducted, it took 10 years to find Kaelin Glazier in a field very close to the suspect's home.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-18876.html

Way OT, but I can't resist. I'm local too, and even worse, it was 12 years before they found Kaelin. I've wondered if her body was put there after the "extensive searches" in order to implicate POI Simmons (who was later convicted). It just seems stupid for him to put her body so close to his place out in the open.

I can bring this back to Stephanie by saying that maybe a new cadaver dog search would be a good idea. Since her bf implicated her ex-bf neighbor on camera, maybe it would be smart to search near ex-bf's property, in case she was put there later. I realize the sheriff said that her case is not a homicide investigation, but unless she is being held against her will up in the woods, I'm not sure what else to think.

So LE took Stephanie's car to get the info from the breathalyzer, right? On the 9th, if I remember correctly. Would they still have the truck? Was the truck there when the cadaver dogs were there? I'd have to assume they let the dogs check the truck? I'm trying to think of what happened from the time they left parade and when the truck was used in the middle of the night. The poker thing is confusing me. Did someone play the game or was the game just logged out at 6?

I have had some very strong feelings about this. I don't want to sound crazy but for a while there I would get so sad while I was driving, and it hit me that maybe something happened in her truck, like I was sensing something. I was also remembering what I was doing on the 4th evening (about the time of her disappearance) and realized I was sick to my stomach and in bed that night. I'm not a psychic person, not into readings, tarot, or any of those kinds of things. I know it sounds crazy, even to me but I just feel like something is pulling me in these directions. I was ready to take a break from all of this a couple weeks ago, I was deflated, but something happened that pulled me back into it right as I was deciding to give it a break. It seems so strange and nothing like this has ever happened to me.
Steph and I are like soul sisters, the moment we met, we knew we would be friends forever! And we will!

I also need to express my gratitude to all of you, again and I will keep doing this again and again, so get used to it! This is so heartbreaking but when I think of all of you who are complete strangers, putting so much effort into helping find Stephanie, it warms my heart and boy do I need that! I cry happy tears when I think of you all!!

For Ashley – thank you for all the information you’ve provided on Stephanie. The detail about her car device was significant. Either she drove it – or someone else did. Details will solve this case and I feel confident it will be solved. I think your instinct about the truck is spot-on and a true soulmate communicates in mysterious ways.

In my view, LE needs to focus on timeline and truck. There is a big disconnect going on here.

The YouTube video “noon” reference is a misdirect. Stephanie did not go missing during the parade. If she went missing during the parade, the people who were in the parade literally right beside her would have wondered where she suddenly went. So, it makes more sense to ask which of her fellow JCFC volunteers saw her at the end of the parade. That is the time that needs to get nailed down and given to the public.

Her SUV was driven late that night – either by her or someone else. Either way, the vehicle somehow made it back to her home in Ruch. So when was it first spotted at her home and by whom?

It has been stated by the boyfriend that the last time he saw Stephanie was in Ruch at about 5:00 pm on July 4. Now, we can all pretend Stephanie’s boyfriend never said that or forget that he did. But, the fact is he did say it to the sheriff and to the media. That was his account. The fact that LE is now giving a new time and place that Stephanie was “last seen”, which is earlier than the account given by the boyfriend means that statement made by the boyfriend has not been substantiated. I did a little test about the knowledge of this case on the handful of people I know in Medford/Ashland – this particular point about the boyfriend last seeing Stephanie at the store parking lot is one of the few things people remember from the original report almost two months ago. LE can change what they give the public now about her last known whereabouts being earlier in the day – but they can’t make people forget what they once were told. LE will to need to reconcile that disconnect with the public soon. Her truck made it back to Ruch -- yet she was last seen in Ashland, not Ruch like the boyfriend first reported? I believe this case will be prosecuted one day. LE will need to explain to a court that either the “5pm at Ruch store” account was unverified or it was bogus. Since both those reasons warrant further inquiry, what has been done to inquire more about the original version of events? Just like algebra, if you want to solve the problem you have to “isolate the variable” -- the thing that doesn't belong -- and separate it out from what's known to be true.

Of the information that's been reported so far, this stands out as not belonging:

On the way from Ashland to Ruch and 4 miles before she reached her home, Stephanie dropped off in a parking lot someone whom she spent the day with and who, according to the sheriff, lives with her. If this person got home after Stephanie and found her missing, why was it not reported? If this person did not go home, where did he go and how did he get there? Did Stephanie go pick this person up in the late evening and arrive home in the early morning? If so, why did this person say the last time that he saw her was 5pm?

If LE inquired further into just this account, they’d probably advance to Square Two.

So LE took Stephanie's car to get the info from the breathalyzer, right? On the 9th, if I remember correctly. Would they still have the truck? Was the truck there when the cadaver dogs were there? I'd have to assume they let the dogs check the truck? I'm trying to think of what happened from the time they left parade and when the truck was used in the middle of the night. The poker thing is confusing me. Did someone play the game or was the game just logged out at 6?

I have had some very strong feelings about this. I don't want to sound crazy but for a while there I would get so sad while I was driving, and it hit me that maybe something happened in her truck, like I was sensing something. I was also remembering what I was doing on the 4th evening (about the time of her disappearance) and realized I was sick to my stomach and in bed that night. I'm not a psychic person, not into readings, tarot, or any of those kinds of things. I know it sounds crazy, even to me but I just feel like something is pulling me in these directions. I was ready to take a break from all of this a couple weeks ago, I was deflated, but something happened that pulled me back into it right as I was deciding to give it a break. It seems so strange and nothing like this has ever happened to me.
Steph and I are like soul sisters, the moment we met, we knew we would be friends forever! And we will!

I also need to express my gratitude to all of you, again and I will keep doing this again and again, so get used to it! This is so heartbreaking but when I think of all of you who are complete strangers, putting so much effort into helping find Stephanie, it warms my heart and boy do I need that! I cry happy tears when I think of you all!!

Awwwww, more hugs! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
You are a dear, loyal friend to Stephanie. Thanks for hanging in there.

Yes, JCSO still has her SUV (see posts #275-276). As I recall, the searches on and near her property were on 7/10-11. But they could have used the cadaver dog after her vehicle was brought in on 7/9. They can actually do a more complete evaluation on their own premises.

I would assume that if JCSO knows the car was used late in the evening, they would also know what time the car stopped in the afternoon/early evening after leaving Ashland. It apparently sat still somewhere for a period of time before being used later, but it wasn't necessarily at her house. Did they stop off at bf's son's and dil's house to drop them off? Then what? We have no independent confirmation that she and bf parted at Ruch Country Market around 5:00 p.m.

I think it's very interesting that Detective Henderson said on Saturday that they don't consider this a homicide investigation. Perhaps they need to find stronger evidence to call it that. But they said earlier that she didn't leave the area. So I'm wondering what they are really thinking.

We never did figure out the significance of the poker game. It appeared to me that each game showed a time, so I assumed that 6:08 p.m. was when she actually played, or someone did. The game could have been played on her phone by anyone, anywhere.

Lots to think about! Take care of yourself, for ashley.

Snipped for space

LE can change what they give the public now about her last known whereabouts being earlier in the day – but they can’t make people forget what they once were told. LE will to need to reconcile that disconnect with the public soon. Her truck made it back to Ruch -- yet she was last seen in Ashland, not Ruch like the boyfriend first reported? I believe this case will be prosecuted one day. LE will need to explain to a court that either the “5pm at Ruch store” account was unverified or it was bogus. Since both those reasons warrant further inquiry, what has been done to inquire more about the original version of events? Just like algebra, if you want to solve the problem you have to “isolate the variable” -- the thing that doesn't belong -- and separate it out from what's known to be true.

Of the information that's been reported so far, this stands out as not belonging:

On the way from Ashland to Ruch and 4 miles before she reached her home, Stephanie dropped off in a parking lot someone whom she spent the day with and who, according to the sheriff, lives with her. If this person got home after Stephanie and found her missing, why was it not reported? If this person did not go home, where did he go and how did he get there? Did Stephanie go pick this person up in the late evening and arrive home in the early morning? If so, why did this person say the last time that he saw her was 5pm?

If LE inquired further into just this account, they’d probably advance to Square Two.

Excellent reasoning as always, Neptune. I agree that LE needs to make as much clear to the public as possible. There is so much confusing info, including whether they lived together or not. I've heard both. The only way people can help is if more facts come out.

As far as getting a straight answer out of the person Stephanie supposedly dropped off at the store, not gonna happen unless there's a big break. I saw the body language and IMO faux clueless "I'm just baffled" personna in the interview. I'm sure JCSO has tried. But you can't get the truth out of someone if they stonewall and think they're smarter than LE (Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, etc).

Hopefully, they can get answers to your great questions from other sources now that they've asked for any info, even rumors!

Yes, you're likely right, Lilibet -- thank you. I'm not liking the "rumors" part though -- rumors are for tabloids, not law enforcement investigations. That's a risky invitation and opens the door for potential malicious prosecution.

Now, here is something interesting... I decided to watch the parade video again for clues. The guy on the back of the truck I assume is significant.

Jackson County Fuel Committee - 4th of July Parade, Ashland, 2013 - YouTube

If you freeze the video at about 0:18/0:36, just as he leaves the frame, notice anything?

Yes, you're likely right, Lilibet -- thank you. I'm not liking the "rumors" part though -- rumors are for tabloids, not law enforcement investigations. That's a risky invitation and opens the door for potential malicious prosecution.

Now, here is something interesting... I decided to watch the parade video again for clues. The guy on the back of the truck I assume is significant.

Jackson County Fuel Committee - 4th of July Parade, Ashland, 2013 - YouTube

If you freeze the video at about 0:18/0:36, just as he leaves the frame, notice anything?

I went crosseyed looking! What I think I see is someone (Stephanie?)/something (golden lab?) with reddish hair hunkered down inside the trailer front passenger side corner for a couple of frames. But when it passes so you get a clearer view inside, it's no longer there. If that isn't what you meant, please save my eyes and tell me! If that is Stephanie hiding from the camera, why would she even walk in the parade? Or is she hiding from a person she didn't expect to see? Or am I seeing things?

I don't know if the man in the truck is significant. He looks a little like bf, but also like one of the volunteers who was interviewed and said she seemed stressed. Unless you're talking about the cardboard man. I can't figure out what that represents.

As far as rumors go, I was thinking he meant to tell the sheriff even if it's something you heard second or third hand. I think people feel they can't call the tip line unless they have firsthand knowledge of something. But if someone tells me about a significant conversation their friend heard in a bar with someone close to Stephanie, technically that's a rumor, but should be called in. IMO But you're right that it would have to be checked very carefully to avoid malicious prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3