OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lilibet, I have seen the stats for the FB page... Many more people read it than have "liked" it... So it is being seen and shared! Tomorrow, I am going to take the time to resend the video flyer to those, specifically local media outlets/reporters, who have not shared it. Anyone here who has the time, should also do so...The more people asking them to post it, the better! (IMHO)

That's great to hear about more people reading the page than liking. I will join you sending out the video, and yes, JCSO!

Off topic sad news. Some of us have been following the WS thread about Lynne Spalding, a woman missing from SF General Hospital for over two weeks. She was found dead today in a seldom-used stairway at the hospital. She was 57 and left behind two young adult children. Her friends set up a FB page, plastered SF with posters, organized searches, and kept her name on the news. They did everything right. Although LE was great and encouraged the efforts made by family and friends, SFGH was not as helpful. It appears that a thorough search was not done at the hospital after all.

I'm sad and furious. For me, the big lesson here is that if you have one weak link in the case, it can undermine all the effort family and friends put forth. I guess you have to turn into a pitbull if someone you love goes missing.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9887011&posted=1#post9887011

There is less and less her about Stephanie on this board and I know it's because there has been NO movement! She is still missing... Interest is waining and it breaks my heart that we are still no closer to finding her than we were July 4th, 2013.

I spoke about Stephie's case at length with a retired homicide investigator from WA today. He was truly helpful and made some excellent suggestions. His expertise and intelligence are appreciated. One of the things he detailed during our time together was the importance of the family coming forth and making a public plea.

I will be taking Stephanie's house keys and some other personal items I gathered, specifically for her Mama Irma, to Detective Henderson's office Friday. The Conservatorship came through yesterday, so Detective Henderson called me to inform me that Sister Sharon was requesting the house keys, as she is now Conservator of Stephanie Ann Warner. It isn't easy to get conservatorship; lots of paperwork, etc. involved. I deeply wish some of that energy would be placed toward making a FAMILY PLEA, even at this late hour... Who knows? Even if there is the tiniest chance that a FAMILY plea to the public, would work, it's worth that chance! I will NEVER stop pressing the bio-family for their support.

At one point, I told Detective Henderson that he was fortunate - that if our situations had been reversed (Steph's and mine), she wouldn't have had the self-control to wait. Stephanie would have been SITTING on Henderson's doorstep, dogging him, demanding he find me. She would have been on TV, howling for public help; she would have enlisted the support of her wood-cut crew and she wouldn't have given in to bio-family and LE pressure to remain silent. I am ashamed that I was silent for so long. I am no longer silent.

I want to point out that interest always ebbs and flows on WS cases. Discussion has to happen organically. If nothing progresses on this case, it will ebb. When there is news or a new discovery, it will flow.

I’m very concerned about Henderson putting words in people’s mouths or ideas in their head about the phrase “ruin” or “mess up” his investigation or put the fear in people of being charged with hindering an investigation. Again, I refer to The Laws of Oregon (Oregon Revised Statutes):

ORS § 162.325¹ Hindering prosecution
(1) A person commits the crime of hindering prosecution if, with intent to hinder the apprehension, prosecution, conviction or punishment of a person who has committed a crime punishable as a felony, or with the intent to assist a person who has committed a crime punishable as a felony in profiting or benefiting from the commission of the crime, the person:
(a) Harbors or conceals such person; or
(b) Warns such person of impending discovery or apprehension; or
(c) Provides or aids in providing such person with money, transportation, weapon, disguise or other means of avoiding discovery or apprehension; or
(d) Prevents or obstructs, by means of force, intimidation or deception, anyone from performing an act which might aid in the discovery or apprehension of such person; or
(e) Suppresses by any act of concealment, alteration or destruction physical evidence which might aid in the discovery or apprehension of such person; or
(f) Aids such person in securing or protecting the proceeds of the crime.
(2) Hindering prosecution is a Class C felony. [1971 c.743 §207]

If you have harbored or concealed a person, or aided them to cover up their crime, or suppressed someone from revealing something -- then, yes, beware. You could be charged for hindering an investigation. But, questioning the actions of people in charge of Stephanie’s case after 3 months of no progress is not “messing it up”. Taking action to make sure this case does not go cold and to make an appeal to the public is not “hindering” it or something you could be charged with. In the real world, it’s called accountability and being pro-active. Some people don’t like to have people hold them accountable. Therefore, they blame others for "messing things up" for them.

Here is where Henderson’s real concern should be:
1. Evidence that has not been collected.
2. Evidence that has been tampered with or has gone missing.
3. Evidence that has not been followed up on, not been acted on, or not presented to the DA.
4. A misguided effort to find a body when circumstantial evidence would have brought the dangerous perpetrator in and taken him off the streets 2 months ago.
5. Aiding and abetting a person who fits the description in the above ORS.

I remember the words that summed up the OJ trial: Evidence Shmevidence.

The same could happen to Stephanie’s case.

The case of Ryan Horn, missing since August and found today on a remote road in northern Oregon, illustrates how important widespread posting of fliers can be. It ended badly, but at least he was found. The family had a terrific FB page (linked in the article). And volunteers actually searched for him! Condolences to his family and friends and all who helped.

"Washington County sheriff’s deputies were called to the scene about 11:20 a.m. Tuesday, after a person observed a pickup parked off the logging road, which is north and west of Buxton and U.S. 26, Rouches said. The caller did not record the license plate on the vehicle or its exact location. But the caller remembered once seeing a flier that said to call police if Horn's maroon pickup truck was spotted.
...Teams of volunteers have conducted sweeps from Banks to the coast, focusing on pullouts or along tree lines, and have peppered the region with fliers."

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro...n_ross_horn_hillsboro_man_m.html#incart_river

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214