OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(OT) DOH! I make something similar, around Christmastime, as a breakfast treat to clog the arteries of my dearest loved ones: Beignets filled with a cream cheese and bacon mixture--topped with maple syrup and powdered sugar.

OH STOP IT!!! I'm gaining weight just reading this!

:eat::eat: :stop::stop: :panic::panic: :cupcake::cupcake:

Evidence and information is going to be gleaned from the explosive device, for certain. Stuff the planter of it will never have even thought about, let alone taken precautions against.

It was an improvised device - so not a product of a very structured, experienced group of terrorists with money and years of planning behind them. That doesn't make it any less dangerous and horrific for the people who were the targets ( or just passing by), but it will make him/her/them easier to find.

It strikes me that this will turn out to be a fairly local person, because it's a fairly local target. And that support for any extreme views will start dropping away in the area now - bombs have that effect on civilian populations. I would think information is starting to flow in already.

All the attention this is going to focus on the area is going to be very good for Stephanie's case, I think. All the searches, questions.......I hope in the process, some information turns up about her, and her possible location.

Here is a link to the 18 minute presser by the Medford Police Chief and the DA this morning.

He calls this an act of domestic terrorism, deliberately targeting a government building.

The FBI, ATF and Oregon State Police are assisting. So far 25 people are working just on this case with more arriving from northern Oregon and Seattle, along with specialized equipment.

The DA's office relocated with a skeleton crew, but all cases will be pursued, despite a delay today. This has not shut down the justice system here.

The police chief said when they find out "why" it leads them to "who". The investigation is very broad right now, but it will narrow down. He said "he would bet the house" that they will close this case.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...top_uri=/watch?v=LfSTaVqWwUw&feature=youtu.be

Snipped for focus

All the attention this is going to focus on the area is going to be very good for Stephanie's case, I think. All the searches, questions.......I hope in the process, some information turns up about her, and her possible location.

BBM

I really zeroed in on what the police chief said about the investigation starting wide and narrowing down. Who knows what fish they'll catch with a wide net!

I sure as heck wouldn't bet my shed against them finding out who did this, let alone my house.

By the way, you may have exotic doughnuts over your way, which we don't ( and ours are called berliners), but do you have knodels? We do. Lots and lots. And Mohrenkuchen. That's nice.

I'm so surprised they don't have cctv on a government building! So much for the big brother society, uh?

I sure as heck wouldn't bet my shed against them finding out who did this, let alone my house.

By the way, you may have exotic doughnuts over your way, which we don't ( and ours are called berliners), but do you have knodels? We do. Lots and lots. And Mohrenkuchen. That's nice.

Well, he did say "the" house, so maybe he was talking about someone else's! :)

I've never met a knodel.

Maybe keep a sharp eye out for anyone getting rid of their vehicle in a hurry. The canister will have left paint flakes in it, most likely. And they may pick up something from the vehicle on the canister, as it wasn't totally destroyed.

Meet the knodel. Potato dumplings.

Sweet ones too.
http://www.vienna-unwrapped.com/dumpling-recipes.html#.UoQm0Mu9KSM
Someone's pretending they're all Austrian on that site, but I don't think the Germans would agree. Except for the one covered in custard with a black topping. That's Austrian. Supposed to look like a mountain. I had one there and it was the biggest dessert I ever saw in my life.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 14
Evidence and information is going to be gleaned from the explosive device, for certain. Stuff the planter of it will never have even thought about, let alone taken precautions against.

It was an improvised device - so not a product of a very structured, experienced group of terrorists with money and years of planning behind them. That doesn't make it any less dangerous and horrific for the people who were the targets ( or just passing by), but it will make him/her/them easier to find.

It strikes me that this will turn out to be a fairly local person, because it's a fairly local target. And that support for any extreme views will start dropping away in the area now - bombs have that effect on civilian populations. I would think information is starting to flow in already.

I would have to agree, that they will probably find that it was a local person with ties to a Jackson County case. As you have already mentioned, that they can get a lot of information from how a bomb is made. By calling in the Federal, State and local authorities, they will be able to use a wide variety of resources and labs in the investigation. For example, if a certain type of gunpowder was used, then it could possibly be tied to even something as vague as explosives used for mining. Like accelerants, a type of gunpowder or explosive can be detected with a Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_chromatography-mass_spectrometry

Maybe keep a sharp eye out for anyone getting rid of their vehicle in a hurry. The canister will have left paint flakes in it, most likely. And they may pick up something from the vehicle on the canister, as it wasn't totally destroyed.

It appears to be the size canister used on smaller trailers (ahem). Our large fifth wheel had two canisters that were taller and more slender. The canister looks to be in pretty good shape.

There are people who live in houses in the block behind the DA's office, so this could have hurt people if it had actually exploded.

Apparently, there is a lot of buying of propane tanks at Walmart exhanges etc. Meth 'cooks' empty them and fill them with anhydrous ammonia, and people are putting warnings out about taking care when you purchase one from an exchange.

I learn something new everyday on this thread. I don't suppose a possible meth connection would help police though? I believe it is rife in some areas.

Apparently, there is a lot of buying of propane tanks at Walmart exhanges etc. Meth 'cooks' empty them and fill them with anhydrous ammonia, and people are putting warnings out about taking care when you purchase one from an exchange.

I learn something new everyday on this thread. I don't suppose a possible meth connection would help police though? I believe it is rife in some areas.

BBM

Meth is a huge problem in this area. Oregon passed a law making it impossible to get a key ingredient, pseudo ephedrine, without a prescription, hoping to make it harder to make meth. Now it comes right up the Interstate from Mexico. Laws designed to solve one problem seem to create other, unforeseen problems. I guess where there's a will there's a way when it comes to drugs.

It's certainly possible that someone facing meth charges might target the DA's office.

It could be anyone but the POI is first in my list, a survivalist, end of the worlder, anti government, going off his rocker as was obvious in the videos, controlling, possible murderer seems just right to blow up the office.

jmo

BBM

Meth is a huge problem in this area. Oregon passed a law making it impossible to get a key ingredient, pseudo ephedrine, without a prescription, hoping to make it harder to make meth. Now it comes right up the Interstate from Mexico. Laws designed to solve one problem seem to create other, unforeseen problems. I guess where there's a will there's a way when it comes to drugs.

It's certainly possible that someone facing meth charges might target the DA's office.
In NY,pseudofed(sp?) is over the counter and they run your ID...You can only get so many a year. I also had to show my ID for dayquil but NOT for nyquil...I haven't figured that one out yet.

It could be anyone but the POI is first in my list, a survivalist, end of the worlder, anti government, going off his rocker as was obvious in the videos, controlling, possible murderer seems just right to blow up the office.

jmo

:goodpost: Don't hold back, Silkysifaka. Tell us how you really feel! :floorlaugh: :loveyou:

In NY,pseudofed(sp?) is over the counter and they run your ID...You can only get so many a year. I also had to show my ID for dayquil but NOT for nyquil...I haven't figured that one out yet.

We get our Sudafed in California when we visit. I think cough syrup is still OTC here, but if you want hard liquor, you have to go to a state liquor store (although I think that may be changing). Oh, and we can't pump our own gas, which is fine by me!

How did we get from bacon donuts this morning to cold meds and gas tonight? Sorry mods! Getting punchy. :pillowfight2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tenamh