OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait until Monday. Do you know what time it airs, Lilibet?

Sending comfort and hugs to Stephanie's family and friends. I can only imagine what an agonizing day this has been for you. You're in my prayers.

:grouphug:

I'll try to find out. KOBI has news at 6:00 and 6:30 p.m. The big stories are usually on at 6:00.

I've been driving myself mad searching for some trace of the story.

Now I've just realized, it's only 10am in Oregon.

It's been a long day and night for me, that's my excuse.

LOL! I hope you can stay awake until 6:00 pm! Is that about 2:00 am for you? :eek:fftobed: :countsheep:

I will be able to confirm later today what time Roma's story will air. For now, I am assuming top of the hour at 6:00 as it was on Thursday. If someone knows how to watch it online in real time, please post that info.

Locals need to tune in or set DVR's to NBC a little earlier, as KOBI news always starts a couple of minutes before 6:00. I missed the anchor's lead-in on Thursday and had to catch it later on the video.

Ads for Roma's story have been running all weekend, so Stephanie has been getting LOTS of publicity! This will be a two-part story, tonight and tomorrow. Today it will be a longer version of Thursday's story.

I've been driving myself mad searching for some trace of the story.

Now I've just realized, it's only 10am in Oregon.

It's been a long day and night for me, that's my excuse.

I called KOBI and found out that they don't live stream their news. WSers who aren't local will have to wait until the video is posted. Hopefully, it will be as quick as it was on Thursday.

I just watched at 6:15 pm part one of Roma Villavicencio's excellent story about Stephanie and will post the video as soon as it's on the KOBI website.

Scroll down on the FB link for the promo for her story that ran all weekend. https://www.facebook.com/kobitv

In the meantime, here are some highlights of info we haven't heard before:

Surveillance video shows that they stopped for a "pit stop" at a Chevron station off Stewart Avenue. (No mention of the store a few blocks further on Lozier Lane).

Detective Henderson believes Stephanie made it home, but didn't say why he thinks that.

Her car was driven for about three hours later that night, but they don't know who drove it. He mentioned the breathalyzer for the first time.

Ames and company were living at Stephanie's when the police came to check on her after her Mom called. (This must have been July 8 or 9 after the original sheriff welfare check on Saturday July 6? and after Dicentra had driven to Ames' camp with Jared on Sunday July 7 looking for Stephanie.)

A search of Ames' illegal camp on Waters Gulch Road in August yielded evidence linking him to Stephanie's disappearance.

Henderson said that Ames and his son Jared Fournier both have warrants for other offenses and are living in Belleview FL. He has not been able to contact him for months.

Three hours.
1.5 hours there.
1.5 hours back.

That's a little gem.

Thanks so much for the update, Lilibet, by the way. I did stay up late, but didn't realize I had gone back and was sitting waiting on Stephanie's media thread by mistake, so I never read your posts!

Isn't it just great what Roma Villavicencio's done to highlight Stephanie's case. :)

ETA: Video just appeared above my post! Yay!

Saw it! They showed screenshots of the warrants out for Lennie Ames too. And mentioned the one out for his son.

Three hours.
1.5 hours there.
1.5 hours back.

That's a little gem.

Isn't it though! Lots of possibilities are roaming through my brain. It could even be closer if he had "work" to do before returning and left the motor running. Even an hour in one direction would get him into California on a forest service road. Forty-five minutes or less on the main road would get him to Ashland to pick up son and dil, leaving plenty of time to take a side trip before returning to Ruch.

Editing my post above about details of the video after checking the timeline thread. I had some dates wrong.

The sheriff did a welfare check on Saturday July 6 and did not find Stephanie home. On Sunday July 7, Dicentra went to Stephanie's and found the back door unlocked, the car parked in a different place than Stephanie usually parked it, her gate opener missing, her animals untended, car keys and her medications in the kitchen, but her backpack/purse missing. There was no sign of struggle.

On Monday July 8, after calling around to get their address, Dicentra picked up Jared in Ashland where he and his wife were living and drove him to find Lennie Ames at his camp in the woods, hoping to find Stephanie there. Ames claimed not to know where she was, but told contradictory stories. He made no immediate effort to search for her, despite his vast knowledge of the woods.

On July 10 and 11, searches were conducted at Stephanie's property and in the surrounding area using dogs, grid searches and helicopter.

Based on the story on KOBI tonight, Ames and company must have been living at Stephanie's by July 10 at the latest, and possibly even July 9. This part of the timeline has never been clear before. Opportunity knocked and they walked right in, set right down and baby, let their hair hang down (old song--couldn't resist).

I'm really glad that Detective Henderson said that Ames and crew are in Belleview, FL. That's far enough away to lessen the "fear factor" for anyone who might have helpful information. I wonder if they'll stay there now that they've been outed. Dil's never been one to show up for court dates in the past, so I don't expect her to be there for her pre-trial hearing July 21.

Whoever is going to spill the beans, better do it soon while he's away. Of course, if the potential bean spillers are with Ames, that's not going to work.

I just can't imagine why these words to "Every Breath You Take" keep running 'round my sleuthing brain lately. ;)

Contrary to popular belief, this is not a love song. How ironic that the band name is "Police" and the singer/composer is "Sting."

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

Every move you make
Every vow you break