OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DEC 5, 2022

Stephanie Anne Warner

43-year-old Stephanie Anne Warner was last seen on July 4, 2013, leaving a convenience store in Ashland, Oregon with her boyfriend, Lennie Ames. Stephanie had been seen earlier that day walking alongside a parade float she helped create for the 4th of July holiday event. In July of 2015, the Jackson County Sheriff's Office officially named Ames the prime suspect in Stephanie's disappearance, stating, "the information gathered thus far indicates that Warner is deceased and Lennie Ames was responsible for her death." Authorities have not released any further details in the case and no arrests have been made. If you have any information about Stephanie’s case, please contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at (541) 774-6800.

DEC 5, 2022

Stephanie Anne Warner

43-year-old Stephanie Anne Warner was last seen on July 4, 2013, leaving a convenience store in Ashland, Oregon with her boyfriend, Lennie Ames. Stephanie had been seen earlier that day walking alongside a parade float she helped create for the 4th of July holiday event. In July of 2015, the Jackson County Sheriff's Office officially named Ames the prime suspect in Stephanie's disappearance, stating, "the information gathered thus far indicates that Warner is deceased and Lennie Ames was responsible for her death." Authorities have not released any further details in the case and no arrests have been made. If you have any information about Stephanie’s case, please contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at (541) 774-6800.

Thanks for posting this @PommyMommy. It’s hard to believe Stephanie will have been gone ten years in July 2023! I wonder if Lennie Ames is still alive.

I believe we know where this case leads. We need to find her and then get the evidence before her killer is deceased.

Indeed. I’ve always believed that LE could have turned over their evidence to the DA as a “no body case” to prosecute. Perhaps they did and there wasn’t enough hard evidence to win in court and put Lennie Ames away. It’s hard to win those types of cases, but it can be done.

Initially I was appalled at the lack of response by local friends and acquaintances (with the exception of her friend @Dicentra). But the more I learned about Lennie Ames, I realized that folks were very likely afraid of him. Unfortunately, even after he left the area within two months, there was no concerted effort to find Stephanie. The detective was even open to people searching. But it’s such a vast area, with nooks and crannies known only to Ames from his mining days, that I’m sure it was a daunting task to contemplate. And so here we are with Ames close to 70 and time running out.

Last edited:
DEC 5, 2022

Stephanie Anne Warner

Thank you for Posting this! We need to bump this as much as possible - thank you for holding the flame for my Sissy.

Please start bumping as much as possible my good folk! There is a new sheriff in town - the case is no longer cold and I am hopeful that Stephanie WILL be found and the monster responsible brought to justice! Thank you for keeping the flame alive. Thank you for your care and your support of our dear Stephanie!

Thanks for posting this @PommyMommy. It’s hard to believe Stephanie will have been gone ten years in July 2023! I wonder if Lennie Ames is still alive.
Lonnie/Lenny IS still alive. His son is currently in a TX jail and he is in TX as well. I think many of Steph's friends initially were and ARE frightened of Ames - he's in TX now, so I am hoping people will come forward with any information they may have. The new Detective on the case is WICKED SMART and he has really done the research. After 10 years, my memory of the details is fuzzy, but I put the details in this forum (thankfully) over 9 years ago, when they were fresh and as much of it unfolded; I told him to turn to these pages for dates, times, places and details. I am so grateful he is with us! It's a new day my friends - I feel hopeful there will be resolution for the first time in many years.

Last edited:
Lonnie/Lenny IS still alive. His son is currently in a TX jail and he is in TX as well. I think many of Steph's friends initially were and ARE frightened of Ames - he's in TX now, so I am hoping people will come forward with any information they may have. The new Detective on the case is WICKED SMART and he has really done the research. After 10 years, my memory of the details is fuzzy, but I put the details in this forum (thankfully) over 9 years ago, when they were fresh and as much of it unfolded; I told him to turn to these pages for dates, times, places and details. I am so grateful he is with us! It's a new day my friends - I feel hopeful there will be resolution for the first time in many years.

It’s really great to have a record right here that he can refer to.

Here’s hoping!

Thinking of Stephanie Warner. Hoping for some information soon.
Thank you for keeping Sissy in your thoughts and for bumping her. I am very hopeful that LE will be able to take action soon. Woke up this morning with a feeling that things are moving forward and WILL be resolved. My son called me yesterday and he told me "This new Investigator is going to solve this, Mom. He's going to find Aunt Steph! It just feels like it."

Moving forward. It's been 10 long years; this experience has changed me. I have become the person who has protection next to her bed, something I couldn't have even imagined we'd need until Lenny Ames came into our lives. 10 years ago, my son lost his childhood. He lost his beloved Auntie Steph overnight. Poof! Gone. Gone forever. Taken from us. Something NO child should have to endure. My boy had nightmares for years...

My own nightmares are back; the one's where I'm desperately searching for something, feeling I am moving in slow motion. I don't know what I'm looking for, but wake up crying. Laying awake, my mind wanders... what if Sissy had just stayed at the parade booth? What if she hadn't aquised to Lenny's demands to leave the parade booth with him - what if she'd told him to find his own way back to his camp? What if she was hungry and had headed over to our place to tell us about the parade and grab a bite to eat before heading home to give her kitty meds? What if she hadn't left the 4th of July parade with Lenny Ames? My other half holds me, lets me cry it out and assures me that I couldn't have stopped Lenny Ames from throwing a bomb into our lives, shattering us.

This new detective has given me hope; I BELIEVE in him, in his talent, in his intelligence, in his diligence, in the careful, thoughtful way he is approaching everything - I looked into his eyes and he cares. He REALLY cares. I believe that ultimately, good prevails over evil. I once again have hope that we will see justice served; that Lenny Ames will be removed from society forever. Then we will be able to take a full breath, knowing a monster has been taken off the streets and that he won't be able to hurt anyone else.

Moving forward. It's been 10 long years; this experience has changed me. I have become the person who has protection next to her bed, something I couldn't have even imagined we'd need until Lenny Ames came into our lives. 10 years ago, my son lost his childhood. He lost his beloved Auntie Steph overnight. Poof! Gone. Gone forever. Taken from us. Something NO child should have to endure. My boy had nightmares for years...

My own nightmares are back; the one's where I'm desperately searching for something, feeling I am moving in slow motion. I don't know what I'm looking for, but wake up crying. Laying awake, my mind wanders... what if Sissy had just stayed at the parade booth? What if she hadn't aquised to Lenny's demands to leave the parade booth with him - what if she'd told him to find his own way back to his camp? What if she was hungry and had headed over to our place to tell us about the parade and grab a bite to eat before heading home to give her kitty meds? What if she hadn't left the 4th of July parade with Lenny Ames? My other half holds me, lets me cry it out and assures me that I couldn't have stopped Lenny Ames from throwing a bomb into our lives, shattering us.

This new detective has given me hope; I BELIEVE in him, in his talent, in his intelligence, in his diligence, in the careful, thoughtful way he is approaching everything - I looked into his eyes and he cares. He REALLY cares. I believe that ultimately, good prevails over evil. I once again have hope that we will see justice served; that Lenny Ames will be removed from society forever. Then we will be able to take a full breath, knowing a monster has been taken off the streets and that he won't be able to hurt anyone else.

Huge hugs @Dicentra. I’m re-reading old stuff…you are one brave woman!

(((HUGS)))
Hugs6.jpg

Huge hugs @Dicentra. I’m re-reading old stuff…you are one brave woman!
I haven't read our past threads yet; I'm working up to it. I've told the detective about the group here and I'm hoping he reads through our threads - there are lots of good minds here and it looks like I started coming here October 1, just shy of three months from the time Sissy disappeared, so I was writing things down soon after they occurred, or as they occurred. Those written records can be used as evidence. I am praying they are useful. I wish there was some way to get more people interested in the case again. More brains running the evidence, more people pushing to take action. Thank you for being here. Thank you for holding the space for good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back