OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Found myself in Ruch today. I’ve never been there before. Stephanie, I felt your presence everywhere, and I never knew you until this forum. I can’t believe you have not been found so your family and those who loved you can properly find closure. You are not forgotten. Your story was among the first I followed when I got here. I wish for peace for you and those who love you.

So grateful you all started posting on this case so that it came up in “latest posts.” I was following on the sidelines several years ago but not a WS member. It’s haunted me, although I found so many details confusing.

Since I joined WS a few days ago, I have been trying to find this case — couldn't remember Stephanie’s name.

You all are the most awesome, loyal, and compassionate sleuths. So glad to have found you again! :)

@ByTheSea and @LetsSolvIt, thank you both for your lovely posts! They warmed my heart. :)

Bumping for Stephanie so her loved ones will know she won’t be forgotten. All it will take for justice to be done is one person to find their conscience and tell what they know.

upload_2021-11-24_0-52-57.jpeg

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

stephanie_anne_warner.png

Stephanie Anne Warner was last seen on July 4, 2013, leaving a convenience store in Ashland, Oregon with her boyfriend, Lennie Ames. Stephanie had been seen earlier that day walking alongside a parade float she helped create for the 4th of July holiday event. In July of 2015, the Jackson County Sheriff's Office officially named Ames the prime suspect in Stephanie's disappearance. Their statement also indicated they believe Stephanie is deceased, however, her body has not been found. Authorities did not release any further details in the case. If you have any information about Stephanie’s case, please contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at (541) 774-6800.

Cases like these are so frustrating,where it's clear as day what happened to Stephanie and even more clear who done it...

Totally frustrating! I realize LE has to have solid evidence to get the DA to even be willing for an arrest and trial to happen. You only get one chance to try someone. But it seemed like they were waiting around for her body to turn up, rather than building a strong circumstantial case, which they had IMO. Of course, I’m not privy to the evidence they actually had, so it may have been too skimpy to hold up at trial. I don’t want to think that the investigation was less diligent because of Stephanie’s previous encounters with the sheriff or the fact that her family was far away. Her only local/Oregon advocates were her close friend @Dicentra and Websleuths members. We all did our best to pester LE and keep her name in local media. And to be fair, the detective was responsive to my emails, at least, and gave periodic updates to local TV. Lennie Ames had a history with LE too, so I’m sure they would have loved to arrest him for this if they could have! It’s all so sad and infuriating that he is getting away with Stephanie’s murder. :(:mad:

Stephanie is on my mind. In two weeks it will be nine years since she “was disappeared” on July 4, 2013. It’s hard to believe she has not been found and an arrest has never been made. I feel sad and angry…for Stephanie and for her family and friends. Remembering Stephanie and making sure she is not forgotten is the least I can do...the least any of us can do. I so very much wish there was more.

I’m pleased to see that local station KOBI Channel 5 is continuing to remember Stephanie today. They did reach out on Friday to JCSO who didn’t have anyone available to discuss the case over the weekend. Maybe tomorrow?

SOUTHERN OREGON, —On July 4th, 2013, a Ruch woman went missing, after Ashland’s 4th of July parade. July 4th Marks 9 years since her disappearance. Another year has gone and Stephanie Warner still hasn’t come home. All these years later, there’s still been no answers to where she is.

“You just wanna scream where is she why are we not finding her,” said Sharon Lambert, Stephanie Warner’s sister.

NINE YEARS…STILL MISSING…

This YouTube video was made by Websleuthers who were concerned about lack of publicity to help find Stephanie. It was sent to all local news outlets.

Lilibet, are there any bodies of water she could be in with her car? Adventures with Purpose might be contacted if they think she could be in water with her car. For some reason I thought the boyfriend had the car.

Lilibet, are there any bodies of water she could be in with her car? Adventures with Purpose might be contacted if they think she could be in water with her car. For some reason I thought the boyfriend had the car.
Well, I went and read the news feed thread and saw the boyfriend came and got her car but returned it. Is it still missing?

The car has never been missing. It was driven the night Stephanie disappeared for a period of time shown on the alcohol meter she was required to blow into to start the car. It is unknown whether DNA was ever taken from the device to compare to Ames’ DNA. The car was found parked in her yard, but not in the position that Stephanie always parked it (According to her friend and WS member Dicentra). I assume LE seized the car for their investigation, but I don’t know to whom it was returned. I assume LE could calculate how far it had been driven which would ”narrow down” the area where her body could be. But this is wild country, and it would be impossible to cover every nook and cranny even within that range.

Regarding a body of water, Applegate Lake is fairly close, but since the car wasn’t missing, that’s moot. However, we wondered at the time if Stephanie’s body was there. I’m inclined to think that it is in one of the many mines in the area that Ames and his son knew about, having been miners on their own claims.

Nine years. Hard to handle. I understand Ames moved out of the area to GA. While that won't stop the investigation, its got to be an obstacle. I hope they get this guy before he dies of natural causes.

Bumping up The Charley Project page, last updated a year ago.

Ames and his son now live in TX (don’t ask me how I know ;)). I let the detective in charge know this several years ago, and I don’t remember if he already knew. That detective left the department and I don’t know if the case is active. I think it’s about time that the case gets some fresh attention from JCSO before Ames dies.

Bumping for Stephanie

3 Unidentified Person Exclusions

View attachment 379957

Thanks so much for posting these exclusions @Caring1. I can’t remember what you know about the case, so forgive me for giving you old info. It might help others. Given the distance Stephanie’s car was driven in the middle of the night July 4/5, and the amount of time, I think we are looking for her remains to be in an area in Jackson or Josephine counties within that distance and time that would be a round trip from her house in Ruch. There is also a possibility she could be just over the CA border in Siskiyou county. LE knows the time and distance her car was driven because of the alcohol sensor that had to be activated in order for the ignition to work.

So it’s pretty much a given that her boyfriend Lennie Ames, the suspect, used her car to take her body somewhere. He had several mines in the area and also knew the region well, so it will be a miracle if her remains are ever found. But if they ever turn up, it will be within that range of distance.

Again, thanks for thinking of Stephanie.

Dare we hope?

Lennie Ames had lived in the Salem area and still had connections there. IIRC he did go there before leaving the state and going to FL and GA. It’s a long shot, but you never know.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back