OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My top three guesses for a location IF this is Stephanie, only one is actually located in Jackson county, Oregon.

[thank you for coordinates @Lilibet!]
  1. Beaver Creek Road area "RV in woods" associated with LA 42 6' 9.43 N 122 59' 13.59 Overview of Beaver Creek, area of possible LA "RV in woods" [LOCATED IN JACKSON COUNTY] Postcard from Google Earth
    Google Earth
    #googleearth
  2. Carberry Creek Road near Steamboat mines associated with LA 42 4' 53.00 N 123 11' 53.00 W https://thediggings.com/mines/ormc154123 WOLFPACK #1 is a closed mining claim in Josephine, Oregon.
    Ownership and use of this claim is overseen by the Bureau of Land Management's Medford District Office under the serial number ORMC154123. The last action for this claim occurred on November 5, 2001. Information on the claim was last updated on July 19, 2011. https://thediggings.com/mines/ormc163154 BOBCAT is a closed mining claim in Josephine, Oregon.
    Ownership and use of this claim is overseen by the Bureau of Land Management's Medford District Office under the serial number ORMC163154. The last action for this claim occurred on March 18, 2014. Information on the claim was last updated on April 3, 2014. [NOT LOCATED IN JACKSON COUNTY upon further research is located in Josephine county]
  3. Middle fork Applegate near Oregon/California border mines associated with LA 42.0054 N 123.1519 W https://thediggings.com/mines/camc230834 LONE WOLF BUENA VIST is a closed mining claim in Siskiyou, California. [NOT LOCATED IN JACKSON COUNTY upon further research is located in Siskiyou county, California] Ownership and use of this claim is overseen by the Bureau of Land Management's Redding Field Office under the serial number CAMC230834. The last action for this claim occurred on January 13, 1995. Information on the claim was last updated on December 3, 2019.

LA and JF were convicted of living on public land

The evidence was sufficient to convict Ames and Fournier of violating 36 C.F.R. § 261.10(b). The Forest Service determined that Ames' and Fournier's residences were not reasonably incident to a mining operation. Thus, residential use of their claim was not authorized by the mining laws and regulations. See United States v. Nogueira, 403 F.2d 816, 825 (9th Cir. 1968) (explaining that permanent residence not reasonably related to mining is not authorized under the mining statute); United States v. Richardson, 599 F.2d 290, 295(9th Cir. 1979) (providing that the Forest Service may prohibit uses not reasonably necessary to mining). Rather, under these circumstances, their residencies constituted a special use under § 251.50(a), requiring special use authorization, which neither had.

Oregon's federal prosecutors are cracking down on gold miners who reside on government-managed lands without approval.

U.S. Attorney Dwight C. Holton announced today the convictions of five people for unlawful occupancy on property managed by the U.S. Forest Service.

My top three guesses for a location IF this is Stephanie, only one is actually located in Jackson county, Oregon.

[thank you for coordinates @Lilibet!]
  1. Beaver Creek Road area "RV in woods" associated with LA 42 6' 9.43 N 122 59' 13.59 Overview of Beaver Creek, area of possible LA "RV in woods" [LOCATED IN JACKSON COUNTY] Postcard from Google Earth
    Google Earth
    #googleearth
  2. Carberry Creek Road near Steamboat mines associated with LA 42 4' 53.00 N 123 11' 53.00 W https://thediggings.com/mines/ormc154123 WOLFPACK #1 is a closed mining claim in Josephine, Oregon.
    Ownership and use of this claim is overseen by the Bureau of Land Management's Medford District Office under the serial number ORMC154123. The last action for this claim occurred on November 5, 2001. Information on the claim was last updated on July 19, 2011. https://thediggings.com/mines/ormc163154 BOBCAT is a closed mining claim in Josephine, Oregon.
    Ownership and use of this claim is overseen by the Bureau of Land Management's Medford District Office under the serial number ORMC163154. The last action for this claim occurred on March 18, 2014. Information on the claim was last updated on April 3, 2014. [NOT LOCATED IN JACKSON COUNTY upon further research is located in Josephine county]
  3. Middle fork Applegate near Oregon/California border mines associated with LA 42.0054 N 123.1519 W https://thediggings.com/mines/camc230834 LONE WOLF BUENA VIST is a closed mining claim in Siskiyou, California. [NOT LOCATED IN JACKSON COUNTY upon further research is located in Siskiyou county, California] Ownership and use of this claim is overseen by the Bureau of Land Management's Redding Field Office under the serial number CAMC230834. The last action for this claim occurred on January 13, 1995. Information on the claim was last updated on December 3, 2019.

LA and JF were convicted of living on public land

The evidence was sufficient to convict Ames and Fournier of violating 36 C.F.R. § 261.10(b). The Forest Service determined that Ames' and Fournier's residences were not reasonably incident to a mining operation. Thus, residential use of their claim was not authorized by the mining laws and regulations. See United States v. Nogueira, 403 F.2d 816, 825 (9th Cir. 1968) (explaining that permanent residence not reasonably related to mining is not authorized under the mining statute); United States v. Richardson, 599 F.2d 290, 295(9th Cir. 1979) (providing that the Forest Service may prohibit uses not reasonably necessary to mining). Rather, under these circumstances, their residencies constituted a special use under § 251.50(a), requiring special use authorization, which neither had.

Oregon's federal prosecutors are cracking down on gold miners who reside on government-managed lands without approval.

U.S. Attorney Dwight C. Holton announced today the convictions of five people for unlawful occupancy on property managed by the U.S. Forest Service.

Thanks for this excellent summary @Red Clover. Incidentally, one of the miners (DE) convicted with LA and JF was/is a good friend of theirs. After YouTube suspended LA’s account, DE posted videos on LA’s behalf regarding Stephanie. I always assumed LA or JF made the videos as they were “higher quality” than DE produced. I’ll try to find time to look for them on the threads, although they may not be active anymore. I also assumed that there was a chance that Stephanie’s body might have been hidden on or near one of DE’s mining claims, with or without his knowledge. I don’t remember offhand if his claims were in Jackson or Josephine county or both. If this turns out to be Stephanie, it will be VERY interesting to know where she was found.
JMO

Thanks for this excellent summary @Red Clover. Incidentally, one of the miners (DE) convicted with LA and JF was/is a good friend of theirs. After YouTube suspended LA’s account, DE posted videos on LA’s behalf regarding Stephanie. I always assumed LA or JF made the videos as they were “higher quality” than DE produced. I’ll try to find time to look for them on the threads, although they may not be active anymore. I also assumed that there was a chance that Stephanie’s body might have been hidden on or near one of DE’s mining claims, with or without his knowledge. I don’t remember offhand if his claims were in Jackson or Josephine county or both. If this turns out to be Stephanie, it will be VERY interesting to know where she was found.
JMO
That's VERY interesting. The two I listed are incredibly close to Jackson county.

Did you mention that LA had an underground bunker?
A place like that may require SAR and/or their equipment to extricate a badly decomposed body. That would not have been a pleasant task at all. My heart goes out to SAR & LE.

Correcting this info @Red Clover. I had to do a little digging, but Wolfpack #1 and Bobcat mining claims are actually located in Jackson county, as is Eagles’ Nest Mine. The maps show the county lines. I’m not sure why “The Diggings” listed them as Josephine county, except that they say that the location is sometimes based on where the miner lived when registering the mine. They are close to the line. So there are three possible locations on LA’s mining claims, if that is where these remains were found and if they are Stephanie’s.

Wolfpack #1 Mine:

Bobcat Mine and Eagle’s Nest Mine:

Bobcat mine:

Eagle’s Nest Mine:

Carberry Creek Road near Steamboat mines associated with LA 42 4' 53.00 N 123 11' 53.00 W https://thediggings.com/mines/ormc154123 WOLFPACK #1 is a closed mining claim in Josephine, Oregon.

That's VERY interesting. The two I listed are incredibly close to Jackson county.

Did you mention that LA had an underground bunker?
A place like that may require SAR and/or their equipment to extricate a badly decomposed body. That would not have been a pleasant task at all. My heart goes out to SAR & LE.

Stephanie’s friend Dicentra said that Stephanie claimed that LA had underground bunkers fully-stocked that you could stand on top of and never know they were there. For awhile we thought she might have been hidden alive there. I’m somewhat doubtful her remains were found there unless someone happened upon the well-hidden bunkers and went inside to explore. Either way, a tough job for SAR and LE.

Correcting this info @Red Clover. I had to do a little digging, but Wolfpack #1 and Bobcat mining claims are actually located in Jackson county, as is Eagles’ Nest Mine. The maps show the county lines. I’m not sure why “The Diggings” listed them as Josephine county, except that they say that the location is sometimes based on where the miner lived when registering the mine. They are close to the line. So there are three possible locations on LA’s mining claims, if that is where these remains were found and if they are Stephanie’s.

Wolfpack #1 Mine:

Bobcat Mine and Eagle’s Nest Mine:

Bobcat mine:

Eagle’s Nest Mine:

Thank you for correcting that @Lilibet ✌️

You know that's what I thought when I went looking for them but corrected to the information the diggings had. I've camped out there on Steve Fork so I thought it was on the Jackson side of the Jackson/Josephine line but it is very close. That's interesting.

I remember when I was researching it I was trying to figure out how long it would take to get out there from Stephanie's, get up to wherever she is, and then out and back. It seemed doable if it was an easy stash (I'm sorry) or if he had help.

Bless her, she should have never had to go through that.

I'm leaning towards the Beaver Creek location. IIRC he had a camp around there, behind the trailer park way up Beaver Creek.

I wonder if they used cadaver dogs to narrow it down? There's so much wild country out there.

I wonder if they used cadaver dogs to narrow it down? There's so much wild country out there.

Unless they had some really reliable info (i.e. someone talked), I think someone may have stumbled across the remains accidentally, so cadaver dogs wouldn’t be needed. I’d like to think someone finally had a conscience and gave them a general idea and they went in with cadaver dogs, but I have the impression SAR was used for retrieving the remains, rather than finding them. JMO and I could certainly be wrong. If someone ran across the remains accidentally, it would seem they would have been near a trail or a somewhat accessible area for a backpacker, for example. It’s hard to imagine someone trekking cross country, but who knows? If there are illegal marijuana grows in them thar hills, it’s a pretty dangerous place to go hiking on a trail or not.

Unless they had some really reliable info (i.e. someone talked), I think someone may have stumbled across the remains accidentally, so cadaver dogs wouldn’t be needed. I’d like to think someone finally had a conscience and gave them a general idea and they went in with cadaver dogs, but I have the impression SAR was used for retrieving the remains, rather than finding them. JMO and I could certainly be wrong. If someone ran across the remains accidentally, it would seem they would have been near a trail or a somewhat accessible area for a backpacker, for example. It’s hard to imagine someone trekking cross country, but who knows? If there are illegal marijuana grows in them thar hills, it’s a pretty dangerous place to go hiking on a trail or not.
Mushroom hunters found human hair and "tissue", sounds like in the China Gulch area.
Edited for clarity & spelling!

Last edited:
Another article that was in my email this evening
"Investigators sent the tissue to the Oregon State Police Forensics Laboratory to obtain a positive scientific identification," the release said. "JCSO detectives and Search & Rescue (SAR) personnel are conducting an evidence search in the area of China Gulch Road, near where Stephanie lived... Investigators have been going through the entire case reviewing police reports, re-listening to recorded interviews, and re-examining the evidence. Southern Oregon High Tech Crime Task Force is using advanced technology to examine the digital evidence...

Last edited:
The video with Detective Ainsworth really gives me hope. They are totally serious about getting Stephanie home and getting justice for her. As he said, “Someone knows something.” I can think of one local person who posted LA’s YouTube videos for him when his account was suspended.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpeg
    IMG_0040.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
Skeletal remains found April 14 were Kris Heywood, 77, missing for about a year. They were found near Old Highway 99 S near Ashland. I’m so glad her family, who reported that they hadn’t heard from her, has her back.

Near the red marker:

ETA: Corrected spelling. Added map.

Last edited:
Skeletal remains found April 14 were Kris Haywood, 77, missing for about a year. They were found near Old Highway 99 S near Ashland. I’m so glad her family, who reported that they hadn’t heard from her, has her back.

Oh my. I remember her. I may have lived on the same property or near her back in the 1990's off old Hwy 99! She was a very independent lady, I didn't realize she was missing. How incredibly sad. IIRC, she had a son, he would be in his late thirties or forties now.

Oh my. I remember her. I may have lived on the same property or near her back in the 1990's off old Hwy 99! She was a very independent lady, I didn't realize she was missing. How incredibly sad. IIRC, she had a son, he would be in his late thirties or forties now.

It’s a small world! I don’t think she had a thread here. I didn’t know she was missing either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back