OR - Travis (died) & Jamilyn Juetten, knife attack at home by masked intruder, Silverton, Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

realanastasia

Reaction score
Oregon cops hunt home invader who stabbed woman 19 times and killed her her husband
  • Travis Juetten of 26-year-old man of Silverton was killed by a home intruder on August 13, police said, and his wife Jamilyn is recovering from 19 stab wounds
  • Travis died protecting his wife in the 3am attack, said friends of the couple, and a third individual at their home scared off the intruder and called police
  • The pair were scheduled to go on to Hawaii, their first vacation together since they married in 2018, the next day
  • In addition to her stab wounds, Jamilyn suffered two fractured vertebrae, a fractured skull, a fractured shoulder blade and significant nerve damage
  • One of the muscles on her hand was severed in the attack, friend [AL] said to news outlets, jeopardizing her passion for pottery
  • 'Travis and Jamilyn found each other, and it’s really sad that story had to end,' [AL] said
Oregon wife stabbed 19 times by intruder who killed her husband | Daily Mail Online

Reward offered in attack that left man dead, wife injured east of Salem

Last edited by a moderator:
What a horrible crime. With a vicious knife attack like this, I would hope that the killer left DNA evidence.

From the Daily Mail article:
[LH], a friend of the couple, wrote…that the pair were awakened from their sleep by someone attacking them with a knife. Leon told KOIN that a third person, who was in their house to pet sit their animals while they vacationed, heard the commotion and called police.

Interesting about the third person.

More details in KOIN 6 News article:
‘He saved her life’: Husband killed confronting intruder

[A family friend] said a masked man came into their bedroom while they were sleeping. He said Travis went to fight the man and Jamilyn tried to help him. The couple was supposed to go to Hawaii the next day, he said, adding another person who was going to cat-sit for them was asleep in another room, heard the noise and likely scared the intruder off, then called 911.

The intruder was masked. S/he was up for entering their room while they were sleeping and attacking them, but a third person scared them away?

Did the suspect say something or otherwise wake Travis and Jamelyn? The Daily Mail article says they were attacked while sleeping, but other articles emphasize that Travis “went to defend” Jamilyn, which would seem to indicate he was able to get out of bed despite the attack. So sad.

Doesn’t it sound like premeditated murder(s) vs something like a robbery gone wrong?

Social Media

FB
Jamilyn:
Travis:

Etsy
Jamilyn:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/jjclaycreation/

Instagram
Jamilyn: Login • Instagram

Last edited:
I agree this combination of events would be pretty unlikely to happen randomly. Perhaps the killer knew they were about to leave on vacation and thought that if he killed them and left the scene in their car, the murders would go undiscovered for some time. Realizing there was a witness could have forced him to abandon that plan.

I was hoping by now that there would be an arrest or a suspect named in the murder of TJ and JJ.
Maybe the killer isn't local and this is making it more difficult for LE to narrow down its search for the killer as compared to someone local.

Nothing new to report. I wish this case woud get more media attenion. Usually after a murder LE will make a comment that there is no threat to community if the victim was targeted by someone they knew but not in this case however they are not saying for people to lock their doors and to be vigilant.

Travis was murdered 2 months ago but no updates in MSM. I originally thought the attacker was known to tj and jj but it appears it could be an outsider who commited this terrible crime.

Justice for Travis and Jamilyn.

As reported, this is simply not the kind of crime that happens.

In robbery motives, the perpetrator flees immediately when confronted

In murder motives, the perpetrator carries a gun even if he doesn't intend to use it

In rape motives, the perpetrator threatens his targets initially (possibly in this case the victims attacked the intruder immediately?)

With serial killers, the victims are stalked and it seems unlikely the houseguest would have been unknown (possibly a beginner or incompetent SK? Parallel considerations to rape motive as serial rapists and serial killers are similar)

The only type cases I can think of in which a perpetrator enters unfamiliar houses and immediately attacks with a knife only are real psychopaths and those kind of people usually are local with suggestive criminal histories that quickly make them suspects to any competent investigator.

As reported, this is simply not the kind of crime that happens.

In robbery motives, the perpetrator flees immediately when confronted

In murder motives, the perpetrator carries a gun even if he doesn't intend to use it

In rape motives, the perpetrator threatens his targets initially (possibly in this case the victims attacked the intruder immediately?)

With serial killers, the victims are stalked and it seems unlikely the houseguest would have been unknown (possibly a beginner or incompetent SK? Parallel considerations to rape motive as serial rapists and serial killers are similar)

The only type cases I can think of in which a perpetrator enters unfamiliar houses and immediately attacks with a knife only are real psychopaths and those kind of people usually are local with suggestive criminal histories that quickly make them suspects to any competent investigator.
I agree x 100. Comments on the sheriff's post discuss a person known to the community who would fall into your last category.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back