OR - Travis (died) & Jamilyn Juetten, knife attack at home by masked intruder, Silverton, Aug 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nothing new to report. Justice for Travis and Jamilyn
I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to care about this. It's been 9 months, or 276 days that I've had to stumble though this new, crappy life of mine and wish for answers. I know they (LE) haven't given up. I know it takes time. They have to be thorough. But I miss my husband more every single day. I miss my life, I miss the family we were creating together.

Thank you for caring. Seeing you post repeatedly about justice for Travis and I is very kind and I appreciate it.

I found this article about family offering a reward. This was published in June of this year.

November 24, 2022
1669324761380.png
''The grieving mother of a 26-year-old man murdered in Oregon last year says she has been given “hope” that the case will finally be solved after police revealed they are exploring a potential link to the murders of four University of Idaho students in Moscow.

Myra Juetten told The Independent on Thursday that finding out who killed her son Travis Juetten in a brutal stabbing attack in his home in Silverton, Oregon – and also catching the killer of the slain students in Idaho – would be “the best Christmas present ever”.

“I want answers for all five of them,” she said of the victims.

“If law enforcement can work together and solve both cases that would be the best Christmas present ever.”

I wonder what type of knife was used in the attacks. Has it been reported? Wouldn't that be crazy if it was the same type used in the Idaho murders? Also, I was reading about some other knife attacks that all happened on the 13th day of the month as well. Really creepy stuff that makes you go hmmm...

I wonder what type of knife was used in the attacks. Has it been reported? Wouldn't that be crazy if it was the same type used in the Idaho murders? Also, I was reading about some other knife attacks that all happened on the 13th day of the month as well. Really creepy stuff that makes you go hmmm...
To be honest I find the immediacy of Idaho's cops to be kind of premature. I can't imagine somebody on day two of an investigation being able to tell ka-bar wounds from butcher knife or machete or tanto or bayonet or buck knife wounds. I suppose that it wasn't any kind of official announcement though it was just some store clerk getting asked a question he thought he ought to take to the media and get himself some attention.

“Authorities are checking if they can link the four students' murders to Oregonian Travis Juetten, 26, who was also stabbed to death with a long knife in the middle of the night last year.

Juetten was knifed 29 times by a masked man who broke into his Silverton, Oregon, home at 3am on August 13, 2021.

His wife Jamilyn, 24, was also attacked, but miraculously survived, despite suffering 19 stab wounds – one of which severed a muscle in her hand.

Similarly to the Moscow case - where two other roommates were left unharmed - a friend of the couple, who was staying with them because they had agreed to housesit while the couple took a vacation in Hawaii, was left injured.

In another echo of the University of Idaho murders, the killer was able to slip into the home undetected and took nothing from the property.”

Came here from the Moscow Idaho thread. I hadn’t previously heard of this case and just now getting to read up on it.
Does anyone know if there is any information or description of a suspect? I haven’t been able to come across anything.
Also particularly interested to see if either victim had any links to local churches or the university. If anyone has any media they can link which might give any more info please do!

To be honest I find the immediacy of Idaho's cops to be kind of premature. I can't imagine somebody on day two of an investigation being able to tell ka-bar wounds from butcher knife or machete or tanto or bayonet or buck knife wounds.
I agree, telling one long, heavy bladed knife from another would seem to be very difficult wound wise.

The police, however, might have found the sheath with the brand name on it. This possibility could be supported by a scenario of:

- Attacker has sheathed knife in his car, but is not wearing it.
- Makes a spontaneous decision to initiate a rampage attack.
- Grabs sheathed knife, but does not take time to undo his belt to place the sheath at his waist.
-Instead, he places the sheath in his pocket, or perhaps even discards it prior to making the attack.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485
Back