OR - Travis (died) & Jamilyn Juetten, knife attack at home by masked intruder, Silverton, Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Noting there has been some articles regarding the possibility that some of these cases may be connected, fwiw.
www.foxnews.com

Idaho murders: Third unsolved stabbing attack resurfaces amid college slaying mystery

As investigators search for a suspect in the slaying of four University of Idaho students, a third unsolved stabbing has resurfaced with eerie similarities.
www.foxnews.com
Nov 24 2022 By Michael Ruiz
'"We're looking at every avenue, and we have other agencies reaching out to us with other cases, stuff that we are going to follow up on," Moscow Police Chief James Fry said Wednesday. He said his office knew about the case and was looking into it, but no official connection has been drawn between the two cases.

The following morning, the Idaho Tribune reported that a third nearby attack shared similar characteristics.

Sandra Ladd, 71, was found dead in her home in Washougal, Washington, on June 14, 2020, according to Oregon Crime Stoppers. Her death was ruled a homicide after the medical examiner found multiple stab wounds in her torso, Washougal police said at the time.''

To be honest I find the immediacy of Idaho's cops to be kind of premature. I can't imagine somebody on day two of an investigation being able to tell ka-bar wounds from butcher knife or machete or tanto or bayonet or buck knife wounds. I suppose that it wasn't any kind of official announcement though it was just some store clerk getting asked a question he thought he ought to take to the media and get himself some attention.
IMO, the ME could potentially tell quite a bit about the knife. Length of blade by the depth of the cuts. Whether the blade was flat or serrated by marks on bones and possible from the incision.

University of Idaho victim's father says Xana Kernodle had 'bruises,' put up a fight against killer
Xana's father said her body had bruises. If the bruises were at the wound sites, it could be because the knife had a bolster (a piece between the blade and handle that extends out). The bruises could possibly have been caused by the bolster hitting the body. The bolster would also protect the killer from his hand sliding down onto the blade. Most knives don't have bolsters, so a lot of knife types could be eliminated.

IMO, the ME could potentially tell quite a bit about the knife. Length of blade by the depth of the cuts. Whether the blade was flat or serrated by marks on bones and possible from the incision.

University of Idaho victim's father says Xana Kernodle had 'bruises,' put up a fight against killer
Xana's father said her body had bruises. If the bruises were at the wound sites, it could be because the knife had a bolster (a piece between the blade and handle that extends out). The bruises could possibly have been caused by the bolster hitting the body. The bolster would also protect the killer from his hand sliding down onto the blade. Most knives don't have bolsters, so a lot of knife types could be eliminated.
Yes a medical examiner can tell a lot but police the next day aren't medical examiners and a parent isn't either, they might easily mistake livor mortis for bruising. Making solid logical presumptions based on shaky assumptions is how we can end up convinced of wildly inaccurate theories.

However, I do find it suspicious for there to be three night break-in stabbing attacks along the same road all of which happened on the 13th of the month. Two could be a coincidence. Three is a pattern. I hope law enforcement is co-ordinating because if it is a serial killer he's getting bolder and stronger. From a lone elderly woman to a married couple one of whom survived and a houseguest sounding the alarm to four young healthy victims and an apparently silent escape.

How are there no Ring/Nest cameras anywhere near these scenes? This isn't 2012.

Noting.
Nov 26 2022
''Police investigating the murders of four University of Idaho students ruled out a possible connection to a similar stabbing a year prior.

Moscow Police issued a statement on Friday that the August 2021 fatal stabbing of Travis Juettern, 26, in Salem, Oregon, is not believed to be linked to the killings of Xana Kernodle, Ethan Chapin, Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen.

“There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon,” the statement read.

“While these cases share similarities ... there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related.”

NOV 25, 2022

Travis Juetten's family has offered a reward of $50,000 for information that leads police to the killer.

< MJ > Travis's mother, said: "I never understood what a broken heart felt like until that morning of August 13th. A monster decided that their life was more important than our son's.

Every day the grief gets worse as we have no answers. With any information you may have, please be that hero I know that's out there."

Why Idaho college murders are being compared to mysterious Salem stabbings

I suppose the surviving victim cannot provide police with a description of their assailant nor assist in composing a sketch of the suspect. Wish they'd described the type of knife used. It's a good time to be heard on Travis' unsolved murder while the Idaho Four murders are hot news.

I just wanted to write a note here to say that I find this case heartbreaking, and I implore LE and the public not to forget… it’s been almost two years, and nothing. I want to see justice for this family. I cannot imagine what it is like to go through something like this, let alone what it would be like to live with that trauma and feel completely forgotten on top if it. Praying for you, Jamilyn, and Travis’ mom. ♥️

I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to care about this. It's been 9 months, or 276 days that I've had to stumble though this new, crappy life of mine and wish for answers. I know they (LE) haven't given up. I know it takes time. They have to be thorough. But I miss my husband more every single day. I miss my life, I miss the family we were creating together.

Thank you for caring. Seeing you post repeatedly about justice for Travis and I is very kind and I appreciate it.
YOU are not forgotten! I can’t imagine what you’ve been through, and continue to go through every single day. Praying for you, and your family, and for renewed media coverage and LE attention to the facts in this case to bring this evil perpetrator to JUSTICE. ♥️

I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to care about this. It's been 9 months, or 276 days that I've had to stumble though this new, crappy life of mine and wish for answers. I know they (LE) haven't given up. I know it takes time. They have to be thorough. But I miss my husband more every single day. I miss my life, I miss the family we were creating together.

Thank you for caring. Seeing you post repeatedly about justice for Travis and I is very kind and I appreciate it.
I am praying for you Jamilyn. I see your struggle and I wish I could give you a huge hug.

Arent there any details about this case anywhere?

This may be a major stretch... If it would be a serial person and thinking about how they are choosing a place

1122 king road 11-13-22. November 2022
8494 hazelgreen road 8-13-21 8 4+9+4 = 21. August 2021

I guess the things to know relating to kohberger as potential suspect would be:
  • Whereabouts on those dates, if he was even in region
  • Any DNA
  • Knife type
  • Any DNA collected
  • any description of attacker give to investigators
  • If break-in involved any theft

What else would be interesting to learn?

Oregon mom hopes Idaho killings will bring attention to her son’s murder​

Online sleuths believe an Oregon cold case from 2021 bears similarities to the Idaho homicides.

On August 13, 2021, in Salem, Oregon, Travis and Jamilyn Juetten were stabbed in the middle of the night while they slept. Travis died at the scene, and Jamilyn survived 19 stab wounds.

As noted by the sleuths, both attackers used a knife; and in both cases, there were survivors left untouched in the home.

Although the almost 15-month-old Oregon case has gone cold, Myra Juetten, Travis’ mom, told “Banfield” she hopes Idaho will bring attention to her son’s case once again.

“There’s a lot of similarities. I have no proof there’s a connection. But I’m hopeful that this will reinvigorate this case and bring attention to my son’s murder,” Myra said.

I wonder if DNA was recovered in Travis and Jamilyn's case. I hope it's still a very active case and will be solved this year.

I wonder what knife was used. Why did they give zero info and it seems like they might not even be working on it anymore
Hypothetically if same knife was used in both cases and knife/sheath possibly dna still intact from OR crime? It’s a reach but a possibility. MOO

In my own opinion; this was personal. Also an opinion; when a case has no updates, it won't usually get the attention; and visa-versa...When a case is not receiving enough attention, it seems like status updates go cold. I Hope that makes sense...
Does anyone have any thoughts on who the target of the assault was? Just one of them? Or both? Since it seems personal, (in my opinion only) It would seem as if the perp may have known the victim.(s)What are the usual; or, most common motives?
Another theory is could have been mistaken identity...
The thing that would make this unlikely/likely would be locale. How many people; or, how far away did they live from other people??

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb
Back