Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is her purse or wallet?
How was the ATM card use? debit or credit? a debit will require a pin and a credit will require a zip code or some doesnt need more

IMO, if this is robbery, carnapping , their main target is MONEY aNd CAR, i doubt that they will even go to local gas station to put some gas on it, use the ATM and leave the car at walmart with so many camera there and people who could see them with a smashed window.

I think the target is HER. What does Clint do for a living? One of their picture in FB, someone commented that she's not used to seeing Clint not wearing a white shoes? Is he in the medical field?..He seems to be a sweet guy from whitney's description and he's been sick lately too with coughing and headache and throwing up. Whitney also just went to a wedding without Clint, did she meet anyone there who got attracted to her? all of these are from her own public post on her FB..There are still many things we may need to learn about this case

Something is not adding up about the phone.
I believe the police knew where the phone had been, hence how they knew about the 2 parks. While it can take days to get that info. if they have the right connections and can prove urgency it can be done almost immediately.
Top it off with the cruddy battery life of smart phones, the fact that people had likely been calling it like crazy, I just don't see how it would still have battery yesterday evening. moo

In the presser he did say they knew the phone was there. So maybe they were leaving it there to see if someone would come back for it to move it or something. Maybe the police wanted it to be found and turned it on. Idk anymore, this whole thing makes no sense to me.

I know this sounds extremely crazy but what if she threw it out the window knowing it had information about who could have been after her or someone she has been texting recently..yeh I know crazy....

Not to sleuth him, but why do we not know what Clint's job is? Or ANYTHING about him for that matter?!?!

Carry on.

Given the man's current situation, I'm sure he's thankful he's been able to keep all of that private. He's not a suspect, and if he works/where he works/what he wears to bed are things that are nobody's business.

Here I have to input the zipcode where the bill is mailed for a CREDIT CARD gas purchase and a PIN for a DEBIT purchase...
OR CASH up front!

What I think it is silly about that zipcode thing is that in most cases, if someone has the actual credit card in their hand (if it were stolen) they probably also have the wallet/billfold/purse/whatever with other cards/ID. In which case they have probably a 95% chance of getting the zipcode right.

Even if what's on the DL is old b/c the DL is new or the CC has a newer address associated and the DL hasn't caught up, still you could typically guess it being close to the other zipcode found on at least the DL, if not something else, as well.

I've never thought that's been a very effective thing here in CA and really just adds another step!

The more I think about car found in Walmart parking lot and phone found w/ power on near a huge apartment complex, the more I think the person disposing of these things wanted them found. I would be pretty easy to abandon the car off a Forest Service road and chuck the phone in the river if he really wanted to dispose of evidence. It feels more "planted" than "disposed of," which makes me think these locations are intended to lead away from the crime scene.

I agree. The theory I am working on is the criminal intentionally created two crime zones.

The first zone being the most obvious and easily tracked via security cam's and evidence drops (car , cell phone, ect) is the tight geographic area between the home and WalMart. This zone gives the appearance of a random car-jacking. Tweeker jack's the car, snatches some quick cash from the ATM's and dumps the vehicle at WalMart. Straight line A - B, easy to trace, crime solved.

The second zone encompasses the East Half of the known locations, specifically the Dodge Park and Larch Mountain locations. These are secret locations, 11 miles away and in two different directions (NE and SE) from the first zone. It is these two secret and secluded Eastern most locations where I suspect the victim related crimes took place.

My theory is, the first zone is a diversionary "crime scene" created to throw the scent trail off from the vital second zone.

Interesting. You'd think that if someone didn't want a phone to be found, they'd remove the battery, or at least shut off the phone, before disposing of it.

I just want to know what kind of phone she had that would still be alive after being on for 48 hours. I've never had that kind of phone.

Given the man's current situation, I'm sure he's thankful he's been able to keep all of that private. He's not a suspect, and if he works/where he works/what he wears to bed are things that are nobody's business.

unfortunately, let's move to the fact that the last confirmed person to see her was Clint. Who is Clint, his past and current activities is important. Not saying he is involve at this time, but all things should be investigated to find her.

I sympathize. However, statistically speaking, it is ludicrous not to at least peek in that direction. The statistics are staggering.

I can't even begin to count the number of security videos I've seen of people walking into convenience stores, even banks, to rob them and showing their full face.. no mask... when everybody knows their are cameras pointed at the counter. It's like people don't care anymore. Surely if you intend to rob a bank, you plan to be around long enough to spend the money, but still, idiots do it all the time, knowing that camera is pointed right at 'em.
Go figure.

Just to expand on this. If the perp is an unknown, they may not care if they are caught on video. . .meaning, they don't have a record, are not from the area, are off the LE grid, etc.

ETA- regarding the phone. . .I have the same feeling about it as I do her debit card. . .it may have been passed off (for drugs, etc). If someone came to realize they had an Iphone attached to this huge storm of a missing persons case, they would likely ditch it. So, a second person, may have had it, charged it, etc and then ditched it.

MOO

Ok sorry another truck question. Does anyone know if her truck had the option to lock all doors from the driver side even the passenger front door?

For instance if someone in the driver's seat locks the doors and then locks the control to keep them locked and no one can open them except the driver?

security locks? my 98 explorer sport (2-door) doesnt have this option. but the 4-doors probably do. both front doors have a lock/unlock button for the doors.

also - the backseats are in 2 pieces (divided in half i believe, or one side might be a little bigger to allow for a middle seat)... at least in mine, you have to push a lever to release a seat lock type of thing and the bottom part of the seat "rolls" (for lack of a better word) into an upright position right behind the front seat and the back part of it lies flat on its face.

Applying the theory of a criminal's awareness space to our crime scene map

We discover the following distance relationships:

Home to Dodge Park: 11.3 Miles
Larch Mountain to WalMart: 11.0 Miles
Dodge Park to Shell, Troutdale: 11.1 Miles
Shell, Troutdale to Larch Mountain 9.7 Miles

Incredibly, three of the geographically diverse crime scene locations have a spatial separation of just 3 tenths of a mile or less !

I want to add, in case it hasn't already been mentioned, that last year when I was thinking about buying an Explorer I decided against it because the mileage is very poor. I think it gets around 10, 15 mpg. I can see why they needed to keep putting gas in it.

Someone a few pages back said that her Mom was searching on Larch Mtn. with the teams? Where did this come from? They have been pretty specific about not having civilians search... I believe she has been going up and taking food/drinks to them, so perhaps that's getting crossed over into her searching?

unfortunately, let's move to the fact that the last confirmed person to see her was Clint. Who is Clint, his past and current activities is important. Not saying he is involve at this time, but all things should be investigated to find her.

I see your point. If he was say, a prison guard or probation officer that could definitely open a possibility of why someone might target Whitney. (Assuming she WAS targeted, because I feel like she was)...

Jmo

I agree. The theory I am working on is the criminal intentionally created two crime zones.

The first zone being the most obvious and easily tracked via security cam's and evidence drops (car , cell phone, ect) is the tight geographic area between the home and WalMart. This zone gives the appearance of a random car-jacking. Tweeker jack's the car, snatches some quick cash from the ATM's and dumps the vehicle at WalMart. Straight line A - B, easy to trace, crime solved.

The second zone encompasses the East Half of the known locations, specifically the Dodge Park and Larch Mountain locations. These are secret locations, 11 miles away and in two different directions (NE and SE) from the first zone. It is these two secret and secluded Eastern most locations where I suspect the victim related crimes took place.

My theory is, the first zone is a diversionary "crime scene" created to throw the scent trail off from the vital second zone.

Only thing is the police mentioned that they have evidence of Whit's Ford at D park and L Mountain prior to the gas-fillup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member