GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive if this was mentioned/asked about before, but broken glass from SUV window should tell if window was broken by someone inside car, versus someone breaking into car from outside.

Hubby said he saw the SUV, and mentioned about the beads and car mat... would like to know about glass breakage pattern.

In this video at the 1:21 mark is a close up of the broken window, you can clearly see the glass shards on the inside imo.

Wish someone could do a grab on that pic for us hint hint.

http://gma.yahoo.com/police-search-wooded-area-missing-ore-woman-080114269--abc-news-topstories.html

Krey mentioned in last thread that perhaps the car was vacuumed prior to it being dropped. I think that is a valid possibility.
It's been mentioned that the floor mats were on the seats (not sure if one or both) and that there was a string of beads on the rearview mirror that are missing.
Perhaps car wash surveillance cameras in that area would be a god place to look?
Surely LE would know if the car was vacuumed or not. IMO.

Thanks and I agree that LE should check all the cars backed in at the complex...and cars backed in at the Wal-Mart too! Time consuming, for sure, but IMO a necessary task.

Bouncing off your post in regards to this parking thing..

The local paper here did an interesting article last month that got a lot of feedback esp via twitter.. (about backing in)

I'm a local .. I had never thought much about backing into a parking space until I saw this article =)

http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting/2012/09/joseph_rose_fancy_parking_in_p.html

when is the next presser? is it just me? or does anyone else think that with "useful items" from the mountain, her car, gas station video, wal-mart video, and her cell phone that they should know who committed this crime by now?

someone calm me down and say that real life investigations aren't fast like what we see in TV shows. i'm beginning to get frustrated - and it's only been 3 days.

In this video at the 1:21 mark is a close up of the broken window, you can clearly see the glass shards on the inside imo.

Wish someone could do a grab on that pic for us hint hint.

http://gma.yahoo.com/police-search-wooded-area-missing-ore-woman-080114269--abc-news-topstories.html

Coincidentally, I did that earlier this morning:

8103028501_87fa1094e4_b.jpg

Krey mentioned in last thread that perhaps the car was vacuumed prior to it being dropped. I think that is a valid possibility.
It's been mentioned that the floor mats were on the seats (not sure if one or both) and that there was a string of beads on the rearview mirror that are missing.
Perhaps car wash surveillance cameras in that area would be a god place to look?
Surely LE would know if the car was vacuumed or not. IMO.

I think that if the perp went through the process of cleaning the car, he may know Whitney. I'm not a statisic person with crime but I would think that a random perp would commit his crime and flee. When things start get cleaned and covered up, I often wonder if it's someone with a reason to hide.

JMO :)

Chili you are the best!! Thank you so much, it's been bugging me for a day now.

Just throwing this out there, but a shattered window does not necessarily have to be the result of striking the window from inside or outside. Ford's from the late 90's through early 2000's have instances of defective glass resulting in shattered windows from normal vehicle operation. Based upon this, it is worth considering that the window may have shattered when the door was closed or even slammed. Similarly, the vehicle could have hit bumpy terrain resulting in a defective window popping.

Just joining this one and trying to catch up. What a strange case....

Thanks to everyone for updates, links, etc.!

Just throwing this out there, but a shattered window does not necessarily have to be the result of striking the window from inside or outside. Ford's from the late 90's through early 2000's have instances of defective glass resulting in shattered windows from normal vehicle operation. Based upon this, it is worth considering that the window may have shattered when the door was closed or even slammed. Similarly, the vehicle could have hit bumpy terrain resulting in a defective window popping.

lol that just busted my sleuthing bubble.

Not sure if Whitney's did but my 98 expidition displayed how many miles I had left before empty. Like if I put in $20 worth of gas it would show 98 miles until empty.

Maybe this guy thought he could go further on a small amout of gas and quickly realised he ony had x amout of miles. (They are gas hogs).

This was my thinking as well.

We have a late 90s Ford Explorer and ours has that same read out. It shows how many gallons we have left as well as approximately how many more miles we can drive before we're empty.

And earlier in the thread, someone pointed out about Whitney being small. Maybe she did have a problem parking it. Our Explorer has HUGE blind spots. I'm 5'8" but I still have to look all over and take more time backing it in into a spot vs. our van (which has a longer wheel base even).

Actually, since she went missing around 6:45 and the gas station visit wasn't until 9:15 the gas could have been used up during the 2+ hours that she and the vehicle are unaccounted for. Thus, she may not have been out of gas when neighbor was in the car.

Or maybe the car really wasn't driven around a lot and stayed very local...

Thanks and I agree that LE should check all the cars backed in at the complex...and cars backed in at the Wal-Mart too! Time consuming, for sure, but IMO a necessary task.

I took a google-street-view approach to see the cars parked there.

I did notice a muddy-jeep parked reverse way inside the apt. But, this doesn't mean it is something to look into considering this google-photo was taken years back.

Lot of times, I park my car in a reverse way so that it will be easy to get out and also I am good in parking in a reverse way and I don't simply park straight because I get tired of that.

Looking at the different vehicle at the apt. complex, I get a feeling that most of them living there are middle-income residents (laborers or contractors with trucks). Also, I know that most of the people with trucks and jobs like these go for streetwalkers.

It wouldn't be a surprise if someone within her apt. complex was stalking her considering she is easy to speak with, helpful and friendly.

Attachments

• mud.png
    mud.png
    711.7 KB · Views: 61
Coincidentally, I did that earlier this morning:

8103028501_87fa1094e4_b.jpg

it's hard to tell from this point weather the glass was broken in or broken out. the pieces just inside the window could be there from someone using something to clear out the shattered pieces that might have still been in the window frame so it wouldn't be so obvious that the window was broken (but could possibly be rolled down). they could have done that whether the window was intentionally busted out or if it shattered on its own due to tough terrain.

Has there been any witness(s) that saw WH leave her apt that morning? Did she communicate with anyone? Of course, other than her husband....

Or maybe the car really wasn't driven around a lot and stayed very local...

Very possible! But it apparently was driven to Larch Mtn and Dodge Park at some point, but you are right that it could have been driven there after the gas fill up(s) not before.

it's hard to tell from this point weather the glass was broken in or broken out. the pieces just inside the window could be there from someone using something to clear out the shattered pieces that might have still been in the window frame so it wouldn't be so obvious that the window was broken (but could possibly be rolled down). they could have done that whether the window was intentionally busted out or if it shattered on its own due to tough terrain.
~jmo
the window was rolled UP... because the shattered glass is still in the "up" position inside the door... (where the window rolls up and down)
the space inside the door...

can ya tell I know nuthin about cars?:seeya:

I video I watched yesterday showed a reporter driving her route to work. He said it had some stop signs and traffic lights and took about 4 minutes or so.
Could it be possible that it was a car jacking? Someone could have came up to the passenger side door while she was stopped and broke the window with a pipe or baseball bat. Do we know if she even made it to the Starbucks parking lot?
By the time her suv was seen at the gas station, did that give the perp enough time to go up to the mountain (sorry I don't have the name) where the girl was allegedly seen by the dead tree?
Could he have a woman perp partner, the reason a female was seen with him at gas station.
LE has not acknowledged the atm withdrawals or amounts. Do you think the pictures from the atm might show the female in the car also?
This case seems to have a very small window of opportunity for the crime to happen.

Great post! Agreeing with you about the car jacking, in some manner, and the female perp partner. Males aren't usually attracted to 'sparkly, dangly things'(rearview mirror), but angry or jealous female perp might.

Small window of opportunity=premeditation, IMO. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member