GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is not adding up about the phone.
I believe the police knew where the phone had been, hence how they knew about the 2 parks. While it can take days to get that info. if they have the right connections and can prove urgency it can be done almost immediately.
Top it off with the cruddy battery life of smart phones, the fact that people had likely been calling it like crazy, I just don't see how it would still have battery yesterday evening. moo

BBM

I keep an iphone battery charger plugged into the cigarette lighter at all times in my car.
If driving for long periods, I just automatically connect my iphone to it.

It's possible her phone may have been plugged in, also... but with the ringer turned off.
Or the message space was full, thus all calls going to VM..

I agree. The theory I am working on is the criminal intentionally created two crime zones.

The first zone being the most obvious and easily tracked via security cam's and evidence drops (car , cell phone, ect) is the tight geographic area between the home and WalMart. This zone gives the appearance of a random car-jacking. Tweeker jack's the car, snatches some quick cash from the ATM's and dumps the vehicle at WalMart. Straight line A - B, easy to trace, crime solved.

The second zone encompasses the East Half of the known locations, specifically the Dodge Park and Larch Mountain locations. These are secret locations, 11 miles away and in two different directions (NE and SE) from the first zone. It is these two secret and secluded Eastern most locations where I suspect the victim related crimes took place.

My theory is, the first zone is a diversionary "crime scene" created to throw the scent trail off from the vital second zone.

But if the man seen at the gas station is the perp why would he put himself in a place where he could be caught on video and/or seen by witnesses? (and he was)

Unless you are thinking no actual crime has taken place? It is all very confusing whatever angle I come at it from!:banghead:

Someone a few pages back said that her Mom was searching on Larch Mtn. with the teams? Where did this come from? They have been pretty specific about not having civilians search... I believe she has been going up and taking food/drinks to them, so perhaps that's getting crossed over into her searching?

I mentioned that earlier and you might well be correct.

Great question about locking all doors from the drivers side! I know in my husband's Honda, I can flip all the locks from the drivers seat- even if they're open from the back by my littles.

Anyone know the answer?

Does anyone know how much gas was in the truck once found? So weird that this person filled it up twice in two different places causing him to be recognized by more people...I don't get that at all. Also if he was returning from Larch Mountain or wherever and then just ditching the truck at Walmart then why so much gas...so odd...

I just want to know what kind of phone she had that would still be alive after being on for 48 hours. I've never had that kind of phone.

I am sure I am the only person in the world...BUT I still have a VERY OLD flip phone and it stays charged a week....I am sure she did not but just throwing it out there...

Someone a few pages back said that her Mom was searching on Larch Mtn. with the teams? Where did this come from? They have been pretty specific about not having civilians search... I believe she has been going up and taking food/drinks to them, so perhaps that's getting crossed over into her searching?

You are correct sarx.. she was taking food/drinks to them

@KCookKGW
Whitney Heichel's mom & friends set up food for search & rescue crews on Larch Mtn helping #findwhitney @KGWNews https://twitter.com/KCookKGW/status/259370631903211521/photo/1

Gwen, the Noon news broadcaster/reporter said it was a Smart Phone....hmmm? Of course it was KOIN who is often wrong! :(

With what a number of questions from the media proposed and I've seen posted about here in these forums I'd like to address the questions/concerns regarding whether or not Whitney staged this whole thing in order to "get out of the Jehovah's Witness religion".

I feel qualified to comment at length on this as I myself was raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses and am still currently. Also my wife and I are close friends with her family.

For the sake of addressing possibilities vs probabilities:

1) If a baptized Jehovah's Witness such as Whitney decided to leave her husband and the faith she would not be shunned as some have been suggesting. I have several in my immediate family that have chosen to not be a JW, and that decision does not by itself create a cause for "shunning".

2) The only way someone is party to being shunned is if they were to be "disfellowshipped" from the congregation. Which in order for that to take place the individual would have to of been involved in serious biblical wrongdoing such as stated in 1 Corinthians 5:9-13 and been unrepentant of their conduct(meaning they would not have any remorse for their actions and no intention of turning around from their wrong course). After several meetings with the individual and attempts to reach their heart, it's basically that individual and their actions that would lead to their being disfellowshipped.

3) There is absolutely no evidence to suggest she had a "bad marriage" or was involved in anything that could lead to type of action. In fact quite the contrary, as she was fully involved in the congregation along with her husband Clint. If you knew them personally you could tell how much they loved one another.

4) The clues and evidence that has been leaked to the media certainly doesn't suggest someone leaving of their own accord and definitley wouldn't make sense if someone had intentions of leaving the faith. It's a simple process if you decide to no longer be one of Jehovah's Witnesses... you just stop going.

5) One of my siblings was disfellowshipped and has never returned, another one did return after being disfellowshipped. So I well know the process and feelings that go along with that. The viewpoint when someone is disfellowshipped is not that of a lost cause, but rather that of a lost sheep that needs loving care and attention to return!

Although it is possible that someone could go to such great lengths to "leave", it is HIGHLY improbable that is the truth.

Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses is such an incredible privilege and someone like Whitney knew that firsthand, and if you were here and able to see what phenomenal support has been with their family the whole world over, you would recognize something very special as the local authorities have and commented on several times.

Keep up your prayers and loving support, we are determined and will not give up until she is found. We love Whitney and her family so very much and look forward to having this mess resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you all so very much!

I have some inside info that it was a basic flip phone. My basic flip phone's battery will last for days if I am not using it a lot.

Interesting, I swore I read that it was a smartphone.:waitasec:

I have some inside info that it was a basic flip phone. My basic flip phone's battery will last for days if I am not using it a lot.

BBM

Hmmm
I was sure I read or heard she had an iphone.

Not that this means anything but I'm somewhat of a cell phone junkie. I've had 5 different androids and now I have an iPhone. The battery on all the androids was awful, I was lucky to get a full day with only moderate usage. My iPhone will last 2 days with the same usage. My DH has had several androids that only get 1 day out of a charge as well. FWIW.

I just want to know what kind of phone she had that would still be alive after being on for 48 hours. I've never had that kind of phone.

I have the iPhone 4S and it has a button at top you can push to conserve your battery but still have it on. It appears to be off unless you start getting phone calls... I was surprised by how much of the charge it saved once putting the phone in this mode. If I charge my phone overnight (like most of us do) and keep it on this setting for most of the day, my phone has lasted almost 2 days. If she did in fact have an iPhone this would explain why the charge lasted so long.

New to posting to this site, but have been a reader for years.

My personal opinion is that the perp is a drug user who was desperate for cash. He or she is extremely sloppy and is not thinking clearly. Sounds like a meth user. I know they keep saying that stranger on stranger abductions are so few and far between, but most sexual offenders are calculated and would not take their victim to a gas station to be seen and also to get her money from an ATM. They are more consumed with power and sexual urges than visiting a bunch of ATMs/gas stations.

With what a number of questions from the media proposed and I've seen posted about here in these forums I'd like to address the questions/concerns regarding whether or not Whitney staged this whole thing in order to "get out of the Jehovah's Witness religion".

I feel qualified to comment at length on this as I myself was raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses and am still currently. Also my wife and I are close friends with her family.

For the sake of addressing possibilities vs probabilities:

1) If a baptized Jehovah's Witness such as Whitney decided to leave her husband and the faith she would not be shunned as some have been suggesting. I have several in my immediate family that have chosen to not be a JW, and that decision does not by itself create a cause for "shunning".

2) The only way someone is party to being shunned is if they were to be "disfellowshipped" from the congregation. Which in order for that to take place the individual would have to of been involved in serious biblical wrongdoing such as stated in 1 Corinthians 5:9-13 and been unrepentant of their conduct(meaning they would not have any remorse for their actions and no intention of turning around from their wrong course). After several meetings with the individual and attempts to reach their heart, it's basically that individual and their actions that would lead to their being disfellowshipped.

3) There is absolutely no evidence to suggest she had a "bad marriage" or was involved in anything that could lead to type of action. In fact quite the contrary, as she was fully involved in the congregation along with her husband Clint. If you knew them personally you could tell how much they loved one another.

4) The clues and evidence that has been leaked to the media certainly doesn't suggest someone leaving of their own accord and definitley wouldn't make sense if someone had intentions of leaving the faith. It's a simple process if you decide to no longer be one of Jehovah's Witnesses... you just stop going.

5) One of my siblings was disfellowshipped and has never returned, another one did return after being disfellowshipped. So I well know the process and feelings that go along with that. The viewpoint when someone is disfellowshipped is not that of a lost cause, but rather that of a lost sheep that needs loving care and attention to return!

Although it is possible that someone could go to such great lengths to "leave", it is HIGHLY improbable that is the truth.

Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses is such an incredible privilege and someone like Whitney knew that firsthand, and if you were here and able to see what phenomenal support has been with their family the whole world over, you would recognize something very special as the local authorities have and commented on several times.

Keep up your prayers and loving support, we are determined and will not give up until she is found. We love Whitney and her family so very much and look forward to having this mess resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you all so very much!

Thanks for your post and insight. I am sending good thoughts to Whitney & her friends & family.

i took the comment about the tires to mean that when he said they were muddy, he meant they were MUDDY! and he knew she hadn't been to a park or off-road anywhere where they could have gotten that muddy. i think it is a reasonable assessment / statement from a husband.

This may have been answered by now but I'm trying to catch up. I thought his statement was odd (although I do not suspect him of anything at this point.) The reason being that this is Portland, OR. It rains here, A LOT. I would never notice mud on a car because mud is everywhere. Especially recently because we just ended our longest dry period in history with some serious monsoon action and there was a lot of water, flooded street drains, and...mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper