GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some inside info that it was a basic flip phone. My basic flip phone's battery will last for days if I am not using it a lot.

Can you even put a screen saver type of picture on the old type of flip phones?

I know a guy that still has one and his screen is pretty basic. Just the time and a key pad, send and end buttons.

Does anyone know how much gas was in the truck once found? So weird that this person filled it up twice in two different places causing him to be recognized by more people...I don't get that at all. Also if he was returning from Larch Mountain or wherever and then just ditching the truck at Walmart then why so much gas...so odd...

GRAPHIC I have wondered if maybe one of the small purchases included filling up a small can for destroying evidence? The mats and seats moved to clean up a mess.

I pray that this is not the case at all, but it was just something I thought could be plausible.

Gwen, the Noon news broadcaster/reporter said it was a Smart Phone....hmmm? Of course it was KOIN who is often wrong! :(

Then perhaps my source was incorrect. We shall see.

With what a number of questions from the media proposed and I've seen posted about here in these forums I'd like to address the questions/concerns regarding whether or not Whitney staged this whole thing in order to "get out of the Jehovah's Witness religion".

I feel qualified to comment at length on this as I myself was raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses and am still currently. Also my wife and I are close friends with her family.

Keep up your prayers and loving support, we are determined and will not give up until she is found. We love Whitney and her family so very much and look forward to having this mess resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you all so very much!

Respectfully Snipped By Me.
BBM

Thank YOU, ChandDuhMan, so very much for joining us and for giving us
additional information about yours and Whitney's religion.

I hope you continue to join us.

My prayers are also for Whitney's safe return. And for her family and friends
who love her and are having so much pain / difficulty going through this.

Thanx again!

BBM

I keep an iphone battery charger plugged into the cigarette lighter at all times in my car.
If driving for long periods, I just automatically connect my iphone to it.

It's possible her phone may have been plugged in, also... but with the ringer turned off.
Or the message space was full, thus all calls going to VM..

Why would she be charging her phone for a short 5 min drive to work?

Can you even put a screen saver type of picture on the old type of flip phones?

I know a guy that still has one and his screen is pretty basic. Just the time and a key pad, send and end buttons.

Yes, on most of the ones I've seen you can. Although the quality of the photo leaves a bit to be desired sometimes.

I do, I plug it in every chance I get because of the rapid drain.

What's more confusing to me though is how long it had been in the bushes? Because unless it just got deposited there, then it was out there and off the charger for quite some time.

Yes, you can put a pic on older model phones. Camera phones were around long before smart phones came into play. Trying to think back, probably 7 years or so that I got my first camera phone.

I don't have a smartphone, but my plain old phone makes a sounds similar to my ringtone when the battery is dying. My husband sets his phone to periodically chime/ring if he has unheard or unread messages. We both use our phones as alarms and to remind us of appointments. I just wonder if it was ringing because someone was calling or just making noise for another reason?

Probably not important though.

WELCOME to WS Daisily!! :welcome:

I, for one, think this is an important point. The cell phone could having been 'ringing' to alert her to messages. I personally shut off my alert for pending messages, but Whitney may not have. In addition, mine does beep for low battery too. I think you make a good point here!!

Gwen, the Noon news broadcaster/reporter said it was a Smart Phone....hmmm? Of course it was KOIN who is often wrong! :(

Is that the same station the reporter is from who tweeted saying the phone was found because it was ringing?

On our late 90s Explorer (Eddie Bauer Edition, if it matters), you can lock/unlock all locks from the driver side.. and I want to say the passenger side as well, but I'd have to look (and hubby has it at work right now). The rear seat is a 60/30 split. In order to get the entire thing down, you have to go to both side to use the level and flip the backs of the seats forward.

If the vehicle was at L Mtn and D Park before 9:15am, but then the gas station attendant saw Whitney in it at 9:15am? Hmm!

What if the trips to the gas stations, the ATM, the window being broken, the phone being found where it was, are all meant to obfuscate, and confuse the issue ? To set up a smokescreen ?

Presser (Grandjean) said it was a smart phone, that's where media got it from most likely.

:welcome4: ChanDuhMan and thank you for your well thought out, informative post!

Yes, you can put a pic on older model phones. Camera phones were around long before smart phones came into play. Trying to think back, probably 7 years or so that I got my first camera phone.

Seriously, what 21 year old is going to have a flip phone?

I know my 21 and 23 year old wouldn't even if it was just a loner.

This person is obviously not that experienced in this sort of thing and possibly an impulsive act. Everyone knows Walmart has cameras everywhere and that makes me believe this person doesn't sit around planning a whole lot. Why throw the phone out too...that just is sloppy as well? Why not bury it? Why not destroy it beyond recognition?...so many things there. He is either not the smartest guy or his nerves are getting the best of him because like I was saying this really isn't something he's done before.

I'm thinking someone who has a meth problem and saw an opportunity.

Is anyone else having flashbacks to the Samantha Koenig case? I pray for a much better outcome, but everything we know (and don't know) here seems to be pretty random and out of the ordinary compared to what we've come to expect in a lot of these cases. My own opinion of course...

And this cell phone is becoming like that DWT :) (said with an attempt at adding some lighthearted humor)

She posted to her Facebook page many many times from her mobile device, which can't be done from a flip phone. She would need to have downloaded the Facebook App.

It may have been plugged in by her after being abducted. Maybe without the perp knowing. Or by the perp him/herself.

Just thinking out loud and posting my thoughts... as I anxiously wait for more answers to this very baffling case.
Plus, I'm intrigued by other posters thoughts even though sometimes I think they may be wayyyy off.

Who actually knows for sure what bazaar things may have happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95