GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, only really three things come to mind:

1) Very smart perp, doing all sorts of weird stuff and creating all kinds of weird evidence trails to confuse the issue

2) Very, very dumb perp or perps

3) Someone who was on hard drugs and whacked out of their mind (meth, crack--does that area have much of this?)

Oregon has a huge meth problem, but that part of the larger Portland metro area, in particular on the north side of 84... there's a nice concentration of RSOs, rough neighborhoods and sketchy areas.

I'm sure this has been covered. But can you get cash back when you go to get gas at the Oregon stations?

ChanDuhMan-

Thank you so much for your post! My impression of Whitney (am I am a total stranger in a different state) is that she is Happy- Happy with her marriage. Happy with her faith. Happy with her job. Happy with her family relationships. Happy with her life.

The only evidence to suggest anything un-Happy in her life was complaints of feeling tired and struggling with gluten issues. Hardly a reason to stage anything as weird as this.

This girl has met some harm. She didn't do this herself.

I've been gone for almost 24 hours from this case, as real life intervenes- I have a part-time job now, and there are too many pages and a whole new thread to catch up! Could we get a media thread with just updates for those of us who are interested but can't follow this case by the minute???:please::please::please:

Hi all, signing on for the first time today. I've skimmed a few posts, but wow, 22 pages since I signed off last night! I can't read them all to catch up, I'm sorry. But just wanted to offer this small, important tidbit of info. It's probably already been posted, and if so, I apologize! But maybe there are some, like me, who are just signing on and have missed a lot. ANYHOO......

At 11:17 a.m., Heichel's vehicle was left at the Wood Village Wal-Mart, according to surveillance video reviewed later by police. The vehicle would be found in the afternoon by friends and community members searching for Heichel.
http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/gresham_police_spokesman_says.html

So LE would almost certainly know how many people exited the car after it was parked. They would also know if Whitney was one of these people, being that she's very small and could be recognized by her stature.

I'm still just wondering why, if video surveillance suggests there was an abduction, or at least that she was in the company of others, why hasn't LE said so?? It makes me think that they don't feel there was an abduction at all, but can't state such, just in case.

I think Whitney has a smart phone.

If I recall, the family was searching Larch Mt. before LE. That leads me to believe Clint or another family member used the "Find my Phone" app to track her.

In my family we track each other daily. VERY handy when you've got a teenage daughter ;)

Anyway, it seems to me we knew very early on of the various locations... sooner than LE could have pulled phone logs. I think the family passed the info onto LE and they verified it later with logs.

MOO

She obviously gave up the pin # and control of the truck, so why did the perp even bother taking her at all if the motive was a carjacking/robbery?
I think this was about her. She was the target, not her car or $.
Jmo...

I'm thinking along the same lines... she was the target... it was opportunistic and they had a drug problem or something... thus the taking of the money. :(

:confused: Who did the original tweet come from stating that the phone was found by it ringing?

(I have a love/hate relationship with the cell phone debate that seems to pop up in every thread. Do we have any verified cell phone experts here on WS?)

I've been looking at Streetview images from the Starbucks where she works.
Looks like the Google Streetview car stopped in for some coffee - or got lost. :waitasec:
I'm not 100% sure, but this looks like her Explorer parked in the lot.
What do you people think?
And FWIW, it's not backed in.

http://goo.gl/maps/iYbzQ

ChanDuhMan-

Thank you so much for your post! My impression of Whitney (am I am a total stranger in a different state) is that she is Happy- Happy with her marriage. Happy with her faith. Happy with her job. Happy with her family relationships. Happy with her life.

The only evidence to suggest anything un-Happy in her life was complaints of feeling tired and struggling with gluten issues. Hardly a reason to stage anything as weird as this.

This girl has met some harm. She didn't do this herself.

ITA.....My 20 yr. old walked up as I was looking at Whitney's FB and she said..."aw, they look so in love, an adorable couple, who are they?"

She just looks plain Happy. Her posts, her photos, Happy is what I see. JMO.

My husband and I always charge our phones at night and actually use our phone for our alarm clock. I'm thinking maybe Whitney had charged her phone the night before she was suppose to arrive at work.

This is so sad! Isn't there a limit on the amount of money one can withdraw per day on a debit card. Both of mine is 500/day.

I am sure I am the only person in the world...BUT I still have a VERY OLD flip phone and it stays charged a week....I am sure she did not but just throwing it out there...

Yep, similar here.

Charge my phone once a week...

:confused: Who did the original tweet come from stating that the phone was found by it ringing?

(I have a love/hate relationship with the cell phone debate that seems to pop up in every thread. Do we have any verified cell phone experts here on WS?)
Just what do you mean by expert??? My husband works in the Cell Tower Division for AT&T, and even he can't tell if a cell phone pings if it is off...

I've been looking at Streetview images from the Starbucks where she works.
Looks like the Google Streetview car stopped in for some coffee - or got lost. :waitasec:
I'm not 100% sure, but this looks like her Explorer parked in the lot.
What do you people think?
And FWIW, it's not backed in.

http://goo.gl/maps/iYbzQ

If that is her Explorer, it is an XLT which may help us with the standard items on the car. I know there have been a lot of questions about locks and etc.

Hi all, signing on for the first time today. I've skimmed a few posts, but wow, 22 pages since I signed off last night! I can't read them all to catch up, I'm sorry. But just wanted to offer this small, important tidbit of info. It's probably already been posted, and if so, I apologize! But maybe there are some, like me, who are just signing on and have missed a lot. ANYHOO......

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/gresham_police_spokesman_says.html

So LE would almost certainly know how many people exited the car after it was parked. They would also know if Whitney was one of these people, being that she's very small and could be recognized by her stature.

I'm still just wondering why, if video surveillance suggests there was an abduction, or at least that she was in the company of others, why hasn't LE said so?? It makes me think that they don't feel there was an abduction at all, but can't state such, just in case.

BBM

I've been following this case from the very beginning and feel that LE is keeping
everything they know and have found/discovered, very close to the chest.

I'm even thinking they know or have an idea who the perp may be... but can't disclose to the public yet.

It may be a case where they don't want the perp to know that they suspect him/her yet, because they
need to get all the evidence they can before accusing him or arresting him.

Or they may know for sure who it is, but don't know where he is right now.

Can you even put a screen saver type of picture on the old type of flip phones?

I know a guy that still has one and his screen is pretty basic. Just the time and a key pad, send and end buttons.
Yes, flip phones come with screen savers and cameras. We only upgraded from flip phones to Iphones a year & half ago.

I have a question, if anyone knows the answer.... Are there different classifications used for missing persons, and if so, how exactly has Whitney been classified?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've seen anywhere her being referred to as "Missing and Endangered". If she's not listed as Endangered, then why not?? Because they don't have any indication that an actual abduction took place??

Seriously just curious....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member