GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a complete lack of concern being expressed by LE that there is a dangerous predator out there. To me, stranger abduction can be excluded from consideration here. Can we determine, from what is known about the case, whether this looks carefully planned or if it looks like a crime of passion with a frantic cover up?

BBM
Plus, LE made a point of stressing how rare stranger-on-stranger crime is at one of the pressers, leading me to believe that he, at least at that point, didn't feel it was a stranger crime.

Confused. Wasn't the cell phone found yesterday at 5:30ish not the day she went missing? (looking at timeline above)

And this cell phone is becoming like that DWT :) (said with an attempt at adding some lighthearted humor)

I followed Mickey's case (luckily missed most of the pages and pages of speculation about the truck) but can you *please* tell me what the "D" stands for?

Also, the talk about hospitals in the area makes me think of the that killed Mickey - he ended up in a hospital for treatment of wounds that SHE inflicted! Maybe this perp did, too!!!

Okay back to reading....

p.s. Note to Sarx - I had to laugh when I saw a bumper sticker recently that said "Support Search and Rescue - GET LOST!" It made me giggle!

Caring Citizen....Wow...you are what your moniker states...great work on the timeline

I do, however, have issue with the one part stating
LE says they know Whitney’s vehicle was at Dodge Park and Larch Mountain (east of Gresham/Troutdale) prior to the next timestamp at the gas station.

They did not say that exactly, per this link http://greshamoregon.gov/news/newstemplate.aspx?id=281234 they state
Police believe the vehicle may have been in the east Multnomah County area, east of Gresham and possibly into Sandy between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.

Please note the "may have been". I have not yet seen a link or LE state emphatically that the vehicle WAS in both Larch Mtn. AND Dodge Park prior to the gas fill up at 9:14 am. IMO, I don't believe, timeline wise, that it could have been in both parks prior to the fill up. MOO

I'm sure someone has already posted this, but anyways... here's a clip from this morning's presser. It says that it IS a smart phone. Sounds like the phone was found on the route from the gas station to the walmart.

Listen to what he's saying about it being a criminal investigation, though. He's addressing why it's being treated as such, and he's saying that it was treated this way from the beginning because it's more prudent to assume that it is and be wrong, than to assume that it isn't and be wrong (if that makes sense!). What I don't hear him hinting at is any belief that a crime did indeed occur.

Of course, maybe I missed something... this is only a small clip, and I didn't see the whole presser.....

ETA: Oops, SORRY, here's the link for the clip: http://www.kgw.com/video?id=174973451&sec=547977&ref=articlevidmod

BBM
Plus, LE made a point of stressing how rare stranger-on-stranger crime is at one of the pressers, leading me to believe that he, at least at that point, didn't feel it was a stranger crime.

Yes, and "acquaintance" crimes are very prolific. The guy who bags your groceries, the man who trims the trees, the customer who comes into your shop daily, etc. It doesn't have to be someone you know really at all to disqualify it from being a "stranger", it's an important detail IMO.

I wonder if someone has a grudge against Clint, or against the family, maybe even the religion? Just wondering about motive if it wasn't a stranger. But I guess LE will have talked with Clint and parents etc to explore this possibility.

BBM

I feel like Bill Clinton, but I suppose that may depend on what your definition of "stranger" is. I mean, there are strangers, and there are strangers.

There are total strangers, i.e. some creeper just happening to be passing by at an opportune time, and there are other strangers, i.e. someone you don't really know, know, but who maybe is a regular at her Starbucks.

Going to read back beecause I'm not sure where this discussion came from, but in our car we have a charger/transmitter combined so my husband automatically plugs in our phone to charge and listen to podcasts, music,etc through our stereo system, even for short drives.

We also both plug our phones in at night, every night i use mine as an alarm, he does not.

Also: if I have charged it the night before, it will last quite a while. And it is a blackbrry, but that is only if i stay in the city, and am not listening to music,etc. if i just use the nomal phone fuctions it will last a few days.

Same here- I use mine for music even on short rides.

Ok have gone. Ack and read about the phone stuff. IMO, the phone was simply out of range when he was calling that am and it went straight to voicemail which is likely if it's believed they went to the mountain or even a park depending on the area.

When my husband goes to work, in our city his phone often gets no signal, another friend works in a basement and gets a signal sporadically,I can tell because we have blackberries and I can see when my message has actually been "delivered" via the signal and then once it's been read. If it's off or out of signal range it does not show as delivered.

I don't even know what I mean by cell phone expert! :waitasec:

But, you know how WS verifies people in certain fields? I was honestly wondering if they/we had anyone verified in the field of cell phone technology?

When the Gail Palmgren search was ongoing, Oriah was super helpful in pings and such...

I've been looking at Streetview images from the Starbucks where she works.
Looks like the Google Streetview car stopped in for some coffee - or got lost. :waitasec:
I'm not 100% sure, but this looks like her Explorer parked in the lot.
What do you people think?
And FWIW, it's not backed in.

http://goo.gl/maps/iYbzQ

I think it definitely IS her Explorer. She probably always parks in that spot, as most employees have parking "habits" and if she was taken when she arrived at work I hope that camera above the back door caught what happened.

Confused. Wasn't the cell phone found yesterday at 5:30ish not the day she went missing? (looking at timeline above)

Actually, yes it was...
that will need to be amended.

I followed Mickey's case (luckily missed most of the pages and pages of speculation about the truck) but can you *please* tell me what the "D" stands for?

Also, the talk about hospitals in the area makes me think of the that killed Mickey - he ended up in a hospital for treatment of wounds that SHE inflicted! Maybe this perp did, too!!!

Okay back to reading....

p.s. Note to Sarx - I had to laugh when I saw a bumper sticker recently that said "Support Search and Rescue - GET LOST!" It made me giggle!

D=darned, dam*ed, etc...

Locals, which hospital is closest to Gresham and/or which hospital would you go to for trauma/car accident?

(I apologize for adding this without reading everything after, I am still catching up.)

I grew up in the area and we went to Portland Adventist (off hwy 205) for everything. Although, if it's a major trauma, you will usually be taken to Legacy Emanuel (in North Portland) instead.

I don't remember if Legacy Mt. Hood was around then but I think it's a smaller community hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog