GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitney was a beautiful young lady, obviously loved by all who knew her and by millions who never met her.

I'm so relieved that someone was arrested, she deserves justice.

121016_whitney2.jpg

Rest in Peace, sweet Whitney, and may her family find comfort.

Justice for Whitney Heichel.

http://media.katu.com/images/121016_whitney2.jpg

I started bawling when all the pictures of her were at the side of the screen, good God everyone involved were just children! :eek:hoh: :cry: She just looks so young and happy... I pray she's in a great place where there's no more pain and senseless violence. I think I'm taking my WS vacation now. :sick:

Jonathan Daniel Holt arrested for aggravated murder of Whitney.

Whitney's body found on Larch Mountain.

Still early into the recovery, not a lot of details can be provided.

Just before 1pm Tuesday, Gresham police responded to WalMart in Wood Village regarding the car being found.

All working detectives began canvassing the area.

They located some of her personal effects in a parking lot dumpster.

More effects were found (from vehicle?) in another nearby dumpster.

Evidence led them to believe vehicle had headed east into Clackmas county.

Searchers later found additional items of evidence.

Teams were called in (15 add'l investigators) late Tuesday.

Next day, canvassing and surveillance video were begun/collected at Whitney's apartment complex.

Items were located on Larch Mountain.

Later that day, investigators received info leading them to Holt. He was contacted. He voluntarily came to the PD to be interviewed.

He was an acquaintance of the couple, lived in the same complex.

Detectives got more evidence from her vehicle.

Her phone was located...

Holt continued to be interviewed. There were many inconsistencies in his interviews. LE obtained DNA from him.

Additional evidence was obtained that tied him to the crime and to her car.

The search continued on Larch mountain.

Earlier tonight after coming voluntarily to the PD for another interview, Holt was arrested.

Later, Whitney's body was located on the mountain.

The family was notified. This has been tragic for them.

Chief's voice is breaking as he says he's never been more proud, and lists all the many, many agencies, investigators, and others who have "worked around the clock and poured their hearts and souls into the case. In my 35 years of law enforcement, this is the finest collaboration I've ever seen."

Desdemona... Thank you for this incredibly thorough compilation of notes!

You are a pro! :rocker:

When I saw that picture of him,I just knew what was coming.It makes me sick he knew both of them.I wonder how long he had been stalking her?

Me too. Saw the picture and exclaimed: Oh my God! :(

My partner asked me what had happened to make me say that.

Well, sh-t. Sorry if I'm not allowed to "say" that here, but really.

My "baby" sister is 21 and a newlywed. She would ABSOLUTELY go with someone she knew from around her apartment complex without a question, because she really and truly believes that people we know never want to do us harm.

I feel just sick for Whitney's husband and her family. I find some solace in the fact that they found her, and as a 20something female resident of the Portland area, I am relieved that they got the guy who did it. From the sound of it, they have plenty of evidence to convict him, which is also a relief.

Between this case and Jessica Ridgeway's, there has been so much heartbreak around WS during the past couple of weeks. I'm not sure what I believe happens to us after we die, but it sure is comforting to picture Whitney, who evidently loved kids, keeping little Jessica company in the afterlife.

Such a waste of life. What on earth could have been his motive? A sexual attack at that hour?

Given the hectic nature of all the evidence we've seen so far, I would guess that she caught him breaking into her car and things went south from there. Holt probably has a drug problem and wanted quick cash, however small the amount.

One of the more sad elements is the fact that we've now got a possible explanation for why Heichel didn't try to escape at any of the gas stations: Holt knew where her husband lived, and could probably have easily convinced him to open the door if she tried to get away.

It's so senseless, so unnecessary. My heart breaks for Whitney, and her husband, Clint, and her mom and dad and all of their families. I hope they can take a little bit of comfort from knowing that there are so many people out there who care, who do not see Whitney as just another photo on the news, who are able to see her sweetness and kindness radiating from her photos. Much love to them.

Presser on KATU.

No questions tonight.
Police Chief in the last several hours we have arrested
Jonathon Daniel Holt for murder of WH.
At appx. same time investigators found her body on Larch Mountain.
Early in recovery and investigation of body. No more details.
How arrived at arrest:
before 1 pm Tues PD responded to Walmart found car.
By two pm forensics
by 330 canvas of area.
found some of WH personal affects in Walmart dumpster.
Later that day found more of her items in a dumpster at a nearby shopping center.\
Evidence showed Car traveled east after disappearance.
Search team found items near Dodge Park
Crime team and state inv called in
Wed am:
canvassing began in apt complex collected video surv tapes, search at Dodge
Church search team found lic plate on Larch mtn
PD responded to Larch mtn and did more searching for evidence
Got info leading to Holt. He came in voluntarily for interview.
Holt lived in complex and was friend of WH and husband.
Thurs:
More evidence from car
2nd interview with Holt
lots of inconcistancies.
Dna and fingerprints taken from Holt
Afternoon found cell phone
Addtl evidence that narrowed it to holt
Early today:
forensic results pointed to holt
search on Larch Mtn
Holt came to pd for another interview.
Holt was arrested at that time.
About that time body was found.
Family notified.
Proud of team of PD and assistance by all teams involved.
Investigators have worked around the clock, heart & souls into case.
Mayor:
Community shaken
Sympathy to family.
Deeply sorry for their loss.
Give family space and support to grieve.
Fear and anxiety in communtiy.
Whitney represented all of our wives daughter sis friends loved ones.
Cases like this show this big city but woven tightly like small town.
Lots of tips and leads.
Tragedy but thank you for all that worked so hard to bring in suspect.
We searched for Whitney (choking up) as if she were our own family.
Family;
words cannot express the sadness.
This has been the most traumatic thing to happen to us.
Not only to her family but also to her spiritual family
Loving, loved by all. No enemies. More than photo or new story.
Wife daughter sis friend coworker.
touched all she met. Warm kind. All you want in a friend aqct or family.
We received many calls and messages from all over the world.
Love, compassion. Good qualities.
Offer help support and prayers.
We can't thank indivually but we want to thank you all.
We sinc appreciate the love and support.
We would be remiss if we didn't thank LE. They have been warm compassionate loving
Made us feel like this is their daughter, sis friend.
We wanted happy conclusion, but it is not.
We will heal because of our love for each other and the support we haave.
We want to thank the media - respectful, not pushy or forceful. Kind and understanding.
We know media coverage from day one really assisted in helping all to rally together to find Whitney. I wish it would have been different
Allow us to grieve in privacy our loss and heartache is too much to bear right now.

He knew both of them?

Was he stalking her?

Hopefully more details at the 11 o clock news, the Chief of Police said.

I'm assuming some people are filling in the gaps ...he lived in the same apartment block as Whitney and her husband..he knew them.....so some posters assume he was stalking her.

121016_whitney2.jpg

Rest in Peace, sweet Whitney, and may her family find comfort.

Justice for Whitney Heichel.

http://media.katu.com/images/121016_whitney2.jpg

I don't believe I've ever seen a sweeter couple. Looking through the FB photos - they even look alike. So loving. Sweet Whitney, rest in peace. I cannot imagine the pain Clinton and the rest of her family and friends must be feeling. God bless you all.

Given the hectic nature of all the evidence we've seen so far, I would guess that she caught him breaking into her car and things went south from there. Holt probably has a drug problem and wanted quick cash, however small the amount.

One of the more sad elements is the fact that we've now got a possible explanation for why Heichel didn't try to escape at any of the gas stations: Holt knew where her husband lived, and could probably have easily convinced him to open the door if she tried to get away.

Robbery? Maybe. Meth continues to be a big problem here, and the suburbs are no exception. However, I might be wrong, but I have the feeling this crime was more sexual in nature than financial. We will have to wait and see.

Devastating, Tragic, Senseless. My heart cries for her family, her husband, and for her lost future.

I wonder what information will come out about this guy? He appears "clean cut” - it’s scary thinking about who we say hi to or who we are nice to that have hidden demons inside. Hug your loved ones, tell them you love them, and appreciate those who love you. And always give your heart fully to those who truly love you, because it is a gift for them as well. I pray for Clint. May he hold in his heart forever (as painful as it will be) just how much Whitney loved him, and how happy he made her in her short life.

That looks like a passport photo. I'm guessing this is his first major crime, so sloppy. :(

Who was it that "profiled" what the perp would look like, I think on Wednesday? This guy fits exactly- good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman