GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so tragic...wonder how old he is ? Any record of other crimes ? It is all so senseless...rest in peace Whitney....

DOB...10-24-87... 25 years old next Wednesday! :furious:

(From Poster)

Ugh. Been lurking since Tuesday and hoping for a positive outcome on this one. Such a beautiful girl and a sweet couple with their whole lives in front of them. I am so glad there has already been an arrest. Justice won't be long, dear girl.

God bless Whitney's husband and family. :(

I feel so bad for her husband. Newlyweds, and already gone. So unfair. What was this neighbor's motive?

I'm so heartbroken. I became so involved in this case more so than any other case. I truly was hoping she would be found safe. She was beautiful and sweet you could just look at the pictures on her facebook page and just smile she had a glow about her that showed who she was from the beginning when she went missing, sweet, down to earth, kindhearted, beautiful person, who loved life family friends I could go on they say a picture tells a thousand words and Whitney defiantly did. To her family and friends at the Kingdom Hall, co workers le etc. we mourn with you.

If you look at Whitney's Facebook page and find the strawberry daiquiri drink picture it was commented on by a women with the same last name as the perp and there is a picture of the perp on that woman's page

bbm

I just wanted to point out to those who follow the Kyron Horman disappearance, that we are talking about the same Sheriff Dept.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that they didn't do a good job on the investigation into Whitney's disappearance, recovery, and arresting her killer. It's pretty junky to try to discredit their efforts on this case, when compared to how cases of missing women and children all over this country are going unsolved more often than not it seems.

I'm wondering whether when Holt was arrested tonight, did he confess and tell them where Whitney's body would be found? Because shortly after his arrest, the body was located.

Also, I think he was maybe obsessed with and stalking her, was waiting for her to go to her car, and smashed in the window to unlock the door and get into the car. I bet he "disabled" her and then took her to Larch Mountain.

Not based on facts, just speculation...

Presser on KATU.

No questions tonight.
Police Chief in the last several hours we have arrested
Jonathon Daniel Holt for murder of WH.
At appx. same time investigators found her body on Larch Mountain.
Early in recovery and investigation of body. No more details.
How arrived at arrest:
before 1 pm Tues PD responded to Walmart found car.
By two pm forensics
by 330 canvas of area.
found some of WH personal affects in Walmart dumpster.
Later that day found more of her items in a dumpster at a nearby shopping center.\
Evidence showed Car traveled east after disappearance.
Search team found items near Dodge Park
Crime team and state inv called in
Wed am:
canvassing began in apt complex collected video surv tapes, search at Dodge
Church search team found lic plate on Larch mtn
PD responded to Larch mtn and did more searching for evidence
Got info leading to Holt. He came in voluntarily for interview.
Holt lived in complex and was friend of WH and husband.
Thurs:
More evidence from car
2nd interview with Holt
lots of inconcistancies.
Dna and fingerprints taken from Holt
Afternoon found cell phone
Addtl evidence that narrowed it to holt
Early today:
forensic results pointed to holt
search on Larch Mtn
Holt came to pd for another interview.
Holt was arrested at that time.
About that time body was found.
Family notified.
Proud of team of PD and assistance by all teams involved.
Investigators have worked around the clock, heart & souls into case.
Mayor:
Community shaken
Sympathy to family.
Deeply sorry for their loss.
Give family space and support to grieve.
Fear and anxiety in communtiy.
Whitney represented all of our wives daughter sis friends loved ones.
Cases like this show this big city but woven tightly like small town.
Lots of tips and leads.
Tragedy but thank you for all that worked so hard to bring in suspect.
We searched for Whitney (choking up) as if she were our own family.
Family;
words cannot express the sadness.
This has been the most traumatic thing to happen to us.
Not only to her family but also to her spiritual family
Loving, loved by all. No enemies. More than photo or new story.
Wife daughter sis friend coworker.
touched all she met. Warm kind. All you want in a friend aqct or family.
We received many calls and messages from all over the world.
Love, compassion. Good qualities.
Offer help support and prayers.
We can't thank indivually but we want to thank you all.
We sinc appreciate the love and support.
We would be remiss if we didn't thank LE. They have been warm compassionate loving
Made us feel like this is their daughter, sis friend.
We wanted happy conclusion, but it is not.
We will heal because of our love for each other and the support we haave.
We want to thank the media - respectful, not pushy or forceful. Kind and understanding.
We know media coverage from day one really assisted in helping all to rally together to find Whitney. I wish it would have been different
Allow us to grieve in privacy our loss and heartache is too much to bear right now.

Thanks button was not enough, MidwestMama! :seeya:

rest in peace Whitney
thoughts and prayers for her family, friends and community

Thanks button was not enough, MidwestMama! :seeya:

thank you :blushing:
I wanted to get it all down so in a few days when we start thinking "what exactly did they say" or "what was that timeline?" we will have it to look at :D

If you look at Whitney's Facebook page and find the strawberry daiquiri drink picture it was commented on by a women with the same last name as the perp and there is a picture of the perp on that woman's page

Went to the woman's facebook but didn't see a pic of the guy.

Rest in peace, Whitney ^i^
You were young and from all we have heard, beautiful inside and out.
The world loses all you would have brought in the future years.
God bless your family, church family and friends.
My prayers and love to you all.

Also noticed that it was the church search group who found items at both Dodge and Larch.

Looks like he WAS married. I guess that could be her brother... but doesn't seem likely.
The picture is at the top of her page. It's her "cover photo."

Yes, but that doesn't mean that they didn't do a good job on the investigation into Whitney's disappearance, recovery, and arresting her killer. It's pretty junky to try to discredit their efforts on this case, when compared to how cases of missing women and children all over this country are going unsolved more often than not it seems.

Actually, I meant just the opposite. I hold the Multnomah County Sheriff's office in the highest esteem. I was just pointing out that they do indeed do great work. There were a lot of people who dissed them right and left during the Kyron search, claiming they were inept yokels. I was simply pointing out what a great job they did and consistently do for our county. I should have made that more clear. I guess I expected you all to read my mind.

My apologies for my earlier (optimistic) post about 10 pages back! I had not yet caught up with the sad news and posted in reply to a much earlier post.

RIP sweet Whitney. Such a tragic story. I feel for Clint and the family.

Wonder what his motive was ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members