GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out driving around with my family today at that time, and I have to say that rainbow was one of the most brilliant, beautiful rainbows I have ever seen in my life. And a double rainbow to boot. Whitney's rainbow. I hope her husband saw it.

I'm so glad you saw it! I thought I was going crazy because no one else mentioned it. It truly was beautiful and I just feel it was a gift from Whitney.

I just wanted to comment that I don't think I know of any Couple that has so many loving photos together. In every photo of Clint and Whitney it shows the enormous amount of love they had for each other. This has to be just killing him. All of them :rose:

http://www.ojd.state.or.us/CLA/Calendar.nsf/3e092eca1afc512e88256827006440b3/$searchForm?SearchView

link to clackamas county court calendar; i don't see holt's name for tomorrow but it's not easy to navigate. doesn't look like his appearance has been posted yet. i'll keep checking.

Something tells me there is a lot more to Holt than we know. If this isn't his "first" he just had never been caught? Not saying he murdered before but I would not be surprised to hear from people who knew him or lived near him more on the "strangeness" and peeping and/or worse. I wonder if he is connected to any other crimes? Just wondering out loud.

I think y'all are really underestimating the amount of force required to break a car window. I can't imagine someone as petite as Whitney being able to do it, especially without being able to leverage the weight of her body. This video shows how hard it can be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L91_K-s4pMM

I keep a LifeHammer http://www.lifehammer.com velcroed to the front of my seat. I've been reading Websleuths long enough to know how many people end up trapped in their cars under water.

Perhaps kicking it out using one's feet, along with an adrenaline rush one would have who's being abducted?

Something tells me there is a lot more to Holt than we know. If this isn't his "first" he just had never been caught? Not saying he murdered before but I would not be surprised to hear from people who knew him or lived near him more on the "strangeness" and peeping and/or worse. I wonder if he is connected to any other crimes? Just wondering out loud.

The manic actions and ease of which he was caught and left clues tells me this guy hasn't committed any other major crime. A smart criminal would have not made any ATM transactions, would not have left the car in plain site(probably should have set it on fire to get rid of DNA, and would not have thrown can's and her phone with his DNA out the window).

Yes, most thugs show signs, and have a trail of some sort of malevolent activity.
That's why it would helpful for LE to inform media as much as possible what preceded and took place in this crime.

The manic actions and ease of which he was caught and left clues tells me this guy hasn't committed any other major crime. A smart criminal would have not made any ATM transactions, would not have left the car in plain site(probably should have set it on fire to get rid of DNA, and would not have thrown can's and her phone with his DNA out the window).

All excellent points. Perhaps it has been peeping and other creepy actions. We know it often leads to this type of crime.

Yes, most thugs show signs, and have a trail of some sort of malevolent activity.
That's why it would helpful for LE to inform media as much as possible what preceded and took place in this crime.

Yes i agree and noted in the M. Shunick case some folk felt comfortable speaking about Brandon once they knew he was off the streets. Seemed several were afraid of him. I wonder what is Holts story? As you point out as well there is always a "story"

http://www.ojd.state.or.us/CLA/Calendar.nsf/3e092eca1afc512e88256827006440b3/$searchForm?SearchView

link to clackamas county court calendar; i don't see holt's name for tomorrow but it's not easy to navigate. doesn't look like his appearance has been posted yet. i'll keep checking.

Arraignments in Clackamas Cty all happen at the same time, either 1:30 or 3:00... they have separate arraignments for ppl in custody and ppl not in custody, and I think they do arraignments for ppl in custody last. Holt's name won't show up on any calendar, because they don't set a special time for each person being arraigned... they just call people one at a time.

I could be wrong... the rules could have changed, but that is how they were about 2 years ago. (I worked as a legal assistant for 6 years, done with that now, phew!)

I think y'all are really underestimating the amount of force required to break a car window. I can't imagine someone as petite as Whitney being able to do it, especially without being able to leverage the weight of her body. This video shows how hard it can be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L91_K-s4pMM

I keep a LifeHammer http://www.lifehammer.com velcroed to the front of my seat. I've been reading Websleuths long enough to know how many people end up trapped in their cars under water.
In my younger, wilder days I kicked out the windshield of a boyfriends car in a fit of rage :blushing: Granted I am not as petite as Whitney, and I was wearing huge clunky boots at the time, but still...I do think it's possible, although perhaps unlikely.

Has JH always lived in the area? I am trying to catch up and probably missed it.

I still stand by my belief that this man is suffering from some serious psychological problems. I don't know if the motive was sexual or not, but I have a suspicion that this young man is self medicating in some fashion, to deal with mental illness.

I am lousy with links....

But if you look at this thread (3) - page 7 - post 155....

Caring Citizen posted:

"Jonathan pulled a peeping tom stunt on another one of his neighbors (at a prior apartment complex). It's a pattern."

And there is a link to an article with a video on that post...

It is not mentioned in the article, but the husband of the victim of the peeping tom action is interviewed, and reflects on it, in the video.

HTH

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...in-workers-family/tpu0z7BSy06fZakP5_93Ag.cspx

Heichel's co-workers at the Starbucks on East Burnside closed early Saturday so they could all attend the vigil and placed a sign on the drive-thru window reading "All tips will be donated to the family of Whitney Heichel." The tip campaign continued on Sunday; associates will decide "on a day by day basis" how long they'll continue donating tips to their lost co-worker's family.

(snipped)

Neighbors at the apartment complex where both Heichel and Holt lived said they don't know much about the man accused of killing Heichel.

“He seemed like a normal guy,” said Holt's next door neighbor, Matthew Hill. "[He] didn’t seem like anything special."

Maria Sandoval said she saw Holt all the time outside, trying to start his motorcycle. She said she thought it was strange he never talked to anyone.

(snipped)

Holt grew up in Northeast Portland and went to Parkrose High School. Vincent Wilson has lived next door to the Holt family for years and watched Holt and his brother grow up.

“They were always good in school; stayed on the better side,” said Wilson.

"What can I say, it's surprising," Wilson said.

In my younger, wilder days I kicked out the windshield of a boyfriends car in a fit of rage :blushing: Granted I am not as petite as Whitney, and I was wearing huge clunky boots at the time, but still...I do think it's possible, although perhaps unlikely.

Docs? :)

(BBM)

Has JH always lived in the area? I am trying to catch up and probably missed it.

Supposedly he lived at the same apartments as Whitney and Clinton for about 5 months...

I don't know where he lived prior to that....

But he graduated in 2006 from Parkrose High School in NE Portland.

HTH

Perhaps kicking it out using one's feet, along with an adrenaline rush one would have who's being abducted?

Absolutely. Whitney was "little" but she was probably very strong, resourceful and determined.
I punched out a car window when a small child was locked in the car in 100+ degree weather.
I am 5 foot nothing with really small hands. But adrenaline did it, though it also broke my hand... that wasn't important.
I am quite confident many people could break a car window if they felt it was life or death. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shawnlo5869