GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man charged with aggravated murder in the death of Whitney Heichel was moved from Multnomah County to Clackamas County this morning, where he is currently on a suicide watch, according to deputies.

http://www.kptv.com/story/19875174/accused-barista-killer-moved-to-clackamas-county-jail

New mugshot from Clackamas County, I see. He looks more distressed than he did in the mugshot from Multnomah County. Perhaps the enormity of his actions are finally setting in.

New mugshot from Clackamas County, I see. He looks more distressed than he did in the mugshot from Multnomah County. Perhaps the enormity of his actions are finally setting in.

"suicide watch".

I just wanted to say that I went to the memorial tonight. I don't know what I was expecting but I thought there would be maybe people talking about her or music or memories but it was a gathering of people, many who didn't seem to know Whitney personally. No one talked to the crowd, which surprised me a bit. Just a large crowd of people milling about holding candles. The mood didn't really seem somber for the occasion. There were people in the Starbucks but no one came out.
What I wanted to talk about was as I was leaving work at 5:00 pm trying to decide if I wanted to make the drive to Gresham for the vigil. It was pouring rain and it was about a 15 mile drive and I was very tired. As I do when I am undecided as to what to do I prayed. I wanted to honor Whitney and also, perhaps, show support to Whitney's family along with the others so they know that Whitney mattered to many, many people who didn't know her. I asked God to give me a sign. As I was driving across the Fremont bridge I noticed the sky to the right of me and I could see a rainbow peeking through. Rainbows are very special to me and even though I have lived in Portland over 30 years I can count on one hand how many I remember seeing. I was thinking how appropriate it was that there was a rainbow and I was thinking about double rainbows. I have only seen one or two of those and to me they are the most beautiful of all. I was wishing for a double rainbow for Whitney.
As I was getting onto the ramp to the I84 I saw a double rainbow! I was so excited and happy. For me it was a sign for Whitney. I wanted to get a picture of it so I grabbed my phone and I was snapping pictures as I was driving east on the 84, which of course isn't the smartest thing to do but I was afraid that like Whitney, the rainbow wouldn't last long. I just held my phone and pointed it at the sky and kept snapping, hoping I could get one good picture.
As I expected the double rainbow was gone by the time I got to Gresham. I parked my car and stopped at a little deli to use the rest room and to see how the pictures came out. They didn't :( For some reason my phone didn't capture any of the pictures. I tried to take a picture and I could see that my camera wasn't saving any pictures. I was so sad that the pictures of something I longed to capture and keep didn't make it. I don't know when or if I will ever see another double rainbow. I guess there are just some things that are too beautiful to keep.

I saw the same double rainbow last night. It was breath taking and I immediately snapped a few photos. I saw your post and wanted to share. I've attached it. I'm too new to this so I'm not sure exactly how to post pictures.

Some things are too beautiful to keep... to yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 141
The man charged with aggravated murder in the death of Whitney Heichel was moved from Multnomah County to Clackamas County this morning, where he is currently on a suicide watch, according to deputies.

http://www.kptv.com/story/19875174/accused-barista-killer-moved-to-clackamas-county-jail

Is that a new mugshot of him in this article? In the first one he had something light blue on, this looks like a vest?

He looks really depressed now. He should be.

“He seemed like a normal guy,” said Holt's next door neighbor, Matthew Hill. "[He] didn’t seem like anything special."

This might very well be the motive!

bbm

I saw the same double rainbow last night. It was breath taking and I immediately snapped a few photos. I saw your post and wanted to share. I've attached it. I'm too new to this so I'm not sure exactly how to post pictures.

Beautiful!! Well done! :)

Is that a new mugshot of him in this article? In the first one he had something light blue on, this looks like a vest?

He looks really depressed now. He should be.

This might very well be the motive!

bbm

Yesterday he was wearing one of those disposable blue paper gowns like you might get at a hospital. This newest photos shows him wearing a suicide vest.

http://www.katu.com/younews/175101481.html

KATU someone posted another pic too!

I have NEVER seen a double rainbow in person...

.....maybe someday...

:welcome5: You're doing great!

The 3 photos of Holt strung together side by side.

Attachments

• jonathan holt DL and two arrest photos - murdered whitney heichel.png
    jonathan holt DL and two arrest photos - murdered whitney heichel.png
    885.2 KB · Views: 348
Comparing these three photos, he definitely does appear to look more stressed in the last...(as he should be). Maybe he's just realizing the magnitude of the crime he's committed. Is there a scratch in the middle of his forehead in the 3rd pic? I see one. I don't see it in the previous 2. I could just be seeing things though.

Comparing these three photos, he definitely does appear to look more stressed in the last...(as he should be). Maybe he's just realizing the magnitude of the crime he's committed. Is there a scratch in the middle of his forehead in the 3rd pic? I see one. I don't see it in the previous 2. I could just be seeing things though.

That just looks like a stress mark. The more stress on his face the more the forehead crinkles together thus the appearance of a scratch.

Based on the picture- I gotta think maybe he was hopped up on drunks during this. Someone cold blooded or a sociopath don't show this type of stress/emotion even after they are caught.

His face makes me think this wasn't even planned. Is it common to see that much remorse on the face of a killer? Maybe he was just entertaining some fantasy life about her, approached her, was rejected, and things just quickly spiraled out of control.

None of this is meant to excuse him. I just think unplanned/crime of passion fits with the absolute mess he made with the evidence. Well, and as I've said before, not too bright.

His face makes me think this wasn't even planned. Is it common to see that much remorse on the face of a killer? Maybe he was just entertaining some fantasy life about her, approached her, was rejected, and things just quickly spiraled out of control.

None of this is meant to excuse him. I just think unplanned/crime of passion fits with the absolute mess he made with the evidence. Well, and as I've said before, not too bright.

Yes, there are lots of people who kill who feel remorse afterwards. Just wish they would have thought about it before they did it...

That just looks like a stress mark. The more stress on his face the more the forehead crinkles together thus the appearance of a scratch.

Based on the picture- I gotta think maybe he was hopped up on drunks during this. Someone cold blooded or a sociopath don't show this type of stress/emotion even after they are caught.

You could be right about him being on drugs.
And sociopaths do show no remorse or guilt re others, including their victims.

However, as a psych nurse who has worked with so many sociopaths, I have to disagree with your BBM statement.
They do show emotion when it pertains to themselves.

So he may be stressed over the fact that he got caught. And if a true sociopath, he is surely blaming others for his being there.
He most likely feels that he was entitled to be with Whitney and that she deserved what happened to her.
And is blaming the LE for putting him in jail.

You could be right about him being on drugs.
And sociopaths do show no remorse or guilt re others, including their victims.

However, as a psych nurse who has worked with so many sociopaths, I have to disagree with your BBM statement.
They do show emotion when it pertains to themselves.

So he may be stressed over the fact that he got caught. And if a true sociopath, he is surely blaming others for his being there.
He most likely feels that he was entitled to be with Whitney and that she deserved what happened to her.
And is blaming the LE for putting him in jail.

I'm just going by the videos I've seen of serial killers in court. But will yield to you on this because of your profession. :)

I mentioned the drug aspect of it also based on what seems to be the manic messy nature of the attempted cover up. Obviously, it wasn't planned well, trying to throw people off with the gas purchases yet leaving evidence all over the place where he had to know it would be found.

I think y'all are really underestimating the amount of force required to break a car window. <respectfully snipped for space>

I agree. That's what got me thinking about the possibility of some sort of window-breaking device being used - such as the LifeHammer, the keychain version I mentioned having, etc. I think it could've been used either in an attack or in an attempt to escape, depending on who had it or knew where it was and what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro