GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree (no offense gngr). I wonder if he left the phone at the apartment complex hoping that it would throw LE off, and make it look like someone who lived in the complex was the perp. Especially since it is described as being in a bad part of town.

ETA- I also think the smashed in window was staged, to make it look like a random carjacking.

none taken... His logic makes no sense to me anyway...

"tossing"
a smartphone anywhere makes no sense with GPS...

smashing it yes... burning it even.

Unless he wanted it found for some reason?

I think the same about the window.

The new link above says that the perp knew the couple through JW gatherings. That makes me feel sick and sad, the whole JW community must feel so violated.

Something I find interesting. If that glass that is evidence really is her drivers side window why isn't there more of it. It appeared it was just a small amount not a huge window busted out. Why a small amount there and not all of it.

I thought we saw pics yesterday showing that it was the passenger side? I've been confused back and forth about this.

I meant to say passenger window.

The new article is good too.......Wonder what unspecified evidence was found in Dodge Park.

On Thursday, children discovered Heichel's cellphone in a field near a Troutdale apartment complex, giving police additional unspecified evidence implicating Holt, Junginger said.

Gotta be fingerprints right?

Now I am wondering if, after meeting the couple through JW gatherings, he became obsessed with her and *then* moved into the same complex. That could be easily played off as a coincidence, especially as the rental market around here is pretty tight right now and people are apt to find a new place by word of mouth.

The Aggravated Murder charge is interesting and I don't believe this story is over. According to Oregon Law it's aggravated if there is more than one person being murdered, if the person has been convicted of murder before. If someone is under 14, If it happened as a result of torture or maiming that resulted in a death or if it occured where the perpetrator recieved money for me.

My guess, either she was pregnant or he was paid. And would they have been able to confirm she was pregnant by the time they announced the arrest? She had just been found almost at the same time.

I'm still catching up, so forgive me if it's already been addressed, but this isn't quite true.

It is aggravated murder if it was done to conceal another crime. . .in this case I believe it was rape. MOO and all that.

Notwithstanding ORS 163.115

(1)(b), the defendant personally and intentionally committed the homicide under the circumstances set forth in ORS 163.115 (1)(b).

(e) The murder was committed in an effort to conceal the commission of a crime, or to conceal the identity of the perpetrator of a crime.

http://www.crimevictimsunited.org/measure11/crimes/aggravatedmurder.htm

ETA- Sorry I see it's already been :deadhorse:

I believe he and his wife/girlfriend had lived there for at least 5 months.

"Heichel was killed in Clackamas County, not in Multnomah County where her body was found, according to Gresham police"

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/long_investigation_led_to_trag.html

If he killed her at Dodge Park...
I still think he had to still have her in the suv
(her body) when he returned for gas...

Then proceeded on to Larch Mtn?

If he left at 6:45am and was back by 9:14am
could he make to Dodge then Larch Mtn and back in 2 1/2 hours?

moo

rough map addresses not specific...
Looks to be a little less than a 2 hour trip...

Possible I guess...

http://goo.gl/maps/MZab7

When I was 17, I accepted a ride from someone...he was supposed to drive me home, but instead he drove to an abandoned lot where he sexually assaulted me, and then to a motel where he assaulted me a second time. When he took me to the motel, he actually left me sitting in his car while he went into the office to pay for the room. I did not run screaming for help because he had a gun, and I was afraid that he would shoot me and the motel clerk if I did. I thought my best chance for surviving would be to comply with everything he told me to do. Thankfully, that is what ended up happening, but I was very lucky that I didn't end up like poor Whitney. The bottom line is we do not know the circumstances here...she could have had her hands tied behind her back, she could have been drugged, she could have made the same calculation that I did, or she simply could have been paralyzed by fear. Or you could be correct about his wife, and not Whitney, being the one seen in his car. But at this point, we have no evidence of that being the case, and I would hate to see an innocent party get dragged into this without any proof or indication from LE that she was involved.

I am so glad you made it through your terrifying experience. The world needs you.

I think we can add, too, that if Jonathan had the master lock on so that he controlled her side of the car, then Whitney couldn't open her door and flee even if she tried.

The most you could do (if you weren't otherwise incapacitated) would be to bang on the window and hope someone noticed quickly enough. But then your potential killer peels out at frightening pace and any hope you had to calm down your perp and save your life, is gone. Now he is beyond angry.

All of that AND you only have a couple of precious minutes to weigh the few risky options that you might have.

This whole thing from start to finish sped by in a flash. She was only alive 3 or 4 hours at most from the moment he stepped into play.

Whitney had no chance that morning - no matter what when or how she could or couldn't decide to do something - it wasn't going to matter.

The lack of obvious motive in this case speaks volumes to the kind of evil Whitney was with that frightful irrevocable morning.

-

It sounds like Whitney parked in the parking lot (with the help of a neighbor) of her apartment complex the night before her disappearance. But, in this shot of Google Earth Streetview (plug in 45°29'26.93"N 122°24'21.66"W) this Black Ford SUV -- with beads hanging from rearview mirror -- appears to be her vehicle (disclaimer: possibly not). In 2 different Google Earth photos satellite & streetview, taken at two different times, it appears this is the same vehicle parked in the same spot. The photos of Whitney's SUV look like this vehicle on Google Earth.

From news and official sources:
Whitney's vehicle: Black 1999 Ford Explorer, Oregon license plate of 189EJZ
Clint quote: "She had a little dangling bead thing from the rear view mirror…”

Could this be her vehicle across from the complex? If so….

Big vehicle, petite woman. Is it possible that Whitney parked in the street in that same spot often because it was easier to handle the large SUV there rather than in the confined parking spaces of the complex? My guess is that her apartment is right across the street from this spot shown on Google Earth – is it possible that JH’s apartment is too? Is his apartment window facing the direction of the street? Could JH have observed her regular routine of leaving in the dark before dawn and coming home… and, based on this knowledge, planned something? He didn't need to know where her car was parked -- just her routine.

I can't help but wonder if the events of the day started out violently (i.e. he forced her into her car in the parking lot), or did it start out "friendly", like he approached her that morning maybe asking her for a ride, and at some point it took a turn? Either way, he may have planned it. I just wonder if he started out with a ruse of some sort to get her into the car and out of the parking lot, kwim?
Also, I know he has been charged with aggravated murder. Is that automatically 1st degree? In which case, we'd know this was planned...

I am so glad you made it through your terrifying experience. The world needs you.

I think we can add, too, that if Jonathan had the master lock on so that he controlled her side of the car, then Whitney couldn't open her door and flee even if she tried.

The most you could do (if you weren't otherwise incapacitated) would be to bang on the window and hope someone noticed quickly enough. But then your potential killer peels out at frightening pace and any hope you had to calm down your perp and save your life, is gone. Now he is beyond angry.

All of that AND you only have a couple of precious minutes to weigh the few risky options that you might have.

This whole thing from start to finish sped by in a flash. She was only alive 3 or 4 hours at most from the moment he stepped into play.

Whitney had no chance that morning - no matter what when or how she could or couldn't decide to do something - it wasn't going to matter.

The lack of obvious motive in this case speaks volumes to the kind of evil Whitney was with that frightful irrevocable morning.

-
Thank you! I know this might sound strange, but I consider it a blessing that it happened because it made me a stronger person. You made a lot of good points here-I would also add that she and her husband both knew this man, and apparently he was part of the JW community. She probably thought that she could convince him to let her go :(

http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=175092931&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10202

Jonathan pulled a peeping tom stunt on the wife of another one of his neighbors (at a prior apartment complex). It's a pattern.

-
Too bad he was never arrested for that...
Heatherwood does do background checks on tennants prior to moving in...

http://www.kellerapartmenthomes.com/heatherwood/website/qualification-standards.html

Criminal background check: A national criminal background check will be done on each applicant over the age of 18. All members of the household will be checked and reviewed for felony and misdemeanor offenses. This information gathered as a result of this check will determine the approval of the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliviamadyy