GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... didn't know this. Is it on the link?

Hi - The reporter talks about it in the video. She is standing in front of Parkrose High School giving info on Johnathan and then at about 25 seconds into it, they get to the peeping tom story.

Johnathan and his wife lived in some apartments where Johnathan spied on the wife of one of those neighbors. He got up somehow at balcony level is what I understood it to mean. The husband of that peeping tom victim is in an off camera quick interview where he (a little too casually for my taste) describes the incident. (Don't these guys know that women really DO have to be on the lookout pretty much always - in order to be safe - and incidences like the balcony peeping are extremely serious)?? Tangent!

Anyway, it's the video not the article in the link that tells the peeping tom story. I hope we can find out more later on this and any other similar things he has done to show this pattern. What a creep!

-

yes. audio...
:what:STANDING ON THE RAILING looking in??????

wow...he has no shame.

Thank you! I was re-freshing the link thinking there was some new "print" info that I just couldn't see. (duh!)

http://binged.it/Rh2WCA

I think i see it here too. IMO she parked on that curb (general area) often
he knew it.
I couldn't see it in Bing, only Google Earth. I think they use different imagery vendors.

Try this...
In Google Earth, plug in: SE Lambert Circle & 7th Street Gresham Oregon. Zoom in. Take your finger and point to that spot (compass should be North) and curve down 7th where it turns into SE Cochran Drive (about 250 feet from intersection of SE Lambert & 7th). Go to Streetside view. On the West side of the street, facing South, is a Black SUV Explorer with a bead chain hanging from the rear view mirror.

Hi - The reporter talks about it in the video. She is standing in front of Parkrose High School giving info on Johnathan and then at about 25 seconds into it, they get to the peeping tom story.

Johnathan and his wife lived in some apartments where Johnathan spied on the wife of one of those neighbors. He got up somehow at balcony level is what I understood it to mean. The husband of that peeping tom victim is in an off camera quick interview where he (a little too casually for my taste) describes the incident. (Don't these guys know that women really DO have to be on the lookout pretty much always - in order to be safe - and incidences like the balcony peeping are extremely serious)?? Tangent!

Anyway, it's the video not the article in the link that tells the peeping tom story. I hope we can find out more later on this and any other similar things he has done to show this pattern. What a creep!

-

Does the husband say whether or not the police were called? Geez, that gives me the creeps...

Ha just figured out how to get a screen shot on this mini!

From BING maps
explorer.jpg

Looks like her suv IMO... fwiw.

For those who may not have FB, this pic is posted on her memorial page. I hope it's ok to post here - it's readily and publicly available on FB.

Such a beautiful soul. This is heartbreaking. I can't even imagine the agony her husband, family, friends, and all her loved ones must be going through.

Attachments

• WH.jpg
    WH.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 140
It seems that this creep was caught by his former neighbors wife peeking into her window, but she did not call police. Unfortunate, but not surprising-a lot of women are too embarrassed to report that type of crime, and even if they do police don't always treat it seriously. They absolutely SHOULD though, because most sexually violent predators start off with smaller crimes like this (stealing women's underwear is another common one) before escalating to full fledged rape and/or murder.

I couldn't see it in Bing, only Google Earth. I think they use different imagery vendors.

Try this...
In Google Earth, plug in: SE Lambert Circle & 7th Street Gresham Oregon. Zoom in. Take your finger and point to that spot (compass should be North) and curve down 7th where it turns into SE Cochran Drive (about 250 feet from intersection of SE Lambert & 7th). Go to Streetside view. On the West side of the street, facing South, is a Black SUV Explorer with a bead chain hanging from the rear view mirror.

Found it. Thanks!

Of note, in "streetview" I was focused on her vehicle then turned to view the direction the vehicle was facing and there appears to be a mid-air broken tree branch in view... just found it a little unique.

Whitney Heichel disappearance
Here's a timeline of events, based on police reports and family statements:
Monday evening: Whitney visits her mother, Lorilei Ritmiller, and talks about how much she wants to be a mother.
Tuesday, 6:45 a.m.: Whitney leaves the Heatherwood Apartments in the 700 block of U.S. 26
Tuesday, 7 a.m.: Heichel fails to show up for work at the Starbucks near Powell and Burnside in East Gresham.
Tuesday, 9:14 a.m.: Someone uses Whitney's ATM card at a gas station at 257th and Stark.
Tuesday, 9:56 a.m.: Clint Heichel, Whitney's husband, calls 9-1-1.
Tuesday, 11:17 a.m.: Whitney's Ford Explorer is left in the parking lot of the Walmart at 23500 N.E. Sandy in Wood Village.
Tuesday, 1 p.m.: Family and friends looking for Whitney find her Explorer at the Wood Village Walmart.
Wednesday: The East County Major Crimes Team is activated and a team of 24 detectives starts following leads. In addition to other areas, they search in Dodge Park and on Larch Mountain.
Thursday, 10 a.m.: Gresham police call a news conference to talk to reporters about events related to Whitney's disappearance. Among other things, they reveal they have received more than 40 tips over two days.
Thursday at 4 p.m.: In a second news conference, police say that they have been searching Larch Mountain all day and are still doing so. They have been joined by Search and Rescue volunteers and Oregon State Police forensic experts.
Thursday at 5:24 p.m.: A woman reports that kids playing outside a Troutdale apartment complex have found a cellphone that turns out to belong to Whitney Heichel.

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/long_investigation_led_to_trag.html

It seems that this creep was caught by his former neighbors wife peeking into her window, but she did not call police. Unfortunate, but not surprising-a lot of women are too embarrassed to report that type of crime, and even if they do police don't always treat it seriously. They absolutely SHOULD though, because most sexually violent predators start off with smaller crimes like this (stealing women's underwear is another common one) before escalating to full fledged rape and/or murder.

Oh, how I wish they had called! And I'm sure they wish they had now too. Please call when ANYTHING like this happens! If there is no past history they may get only a slap on the wrist, but at the least it starts a paper history for the future and puts this person on the PDs radar.

I'm kind of playing the defense attorney role but does anyone think that the DNA/finger prints can be explained by the fact that they live in the same complex and may be more friends than acquaintances.

He could have borrowed Whitney's phone at some point, there's no way to prove otherwise. Again they could have been friends and he could have at some point been in their car.

Interesting to hear what fingerprints and DNA they have.

All we really know is that the phone lead to some major DNA evidence as there was also his DNA in her car.

I'm kind of playing the defense attorney role but does anyone think that the DNA/finger prints can be explained by the fact that they live in the same complex and may be more friends than acquaintances.

He could have borrowed Whitney's phone at some point, there's no way to prove otherwise. Again they could have been friends and he could have at some point been in their car.

Interesting to hear what fingerprints and DNA they have.

All we really know is that the phone lead to some major DNA evidence as there was also his DNA in her car.

I know I "heard" Clint said the driver's seat was pushed back.
Prob prints or partials on the lever?

Why would he be the last one to move that lever if she was supposed to be at work?

Is there a way to explain that? :dunno:

I bet she drove with the seat all the way forward?

There are a few things I'm surprised by:

1) Whatever happened, this guy moved fast!! Allegedly, he traveled, in some order yet to be revealed, between the apartments, Dodge Park, Troutdale gas station (by 9:14?), Larch Mountain and back to Wal-mart, all between 6:45am and 11:17am. And he got gas, or at least stopped at one gas station and multiple ATMs, committed a murder and who knows what else, all in this 4.5 hour period. If this is what transpired, it sounds almost manic.

2) I am AMAZED at the job done by the volunteers and LE, but mostly, I suspect from what I have read, the volunteers. To me, it's just unbelievable what they were able to discover. How did they end up at Dodge Park? How did they come to search Larch Mountain? And the dumpsters? They found needles in haystacks! Imagine the thousands of things they had to have come across. How could they even tell what was significant? This must be the most comprehensive, efficient and effective search ever. It seems almost miraculous. I am truly awestruck.

Can someone local describe Dodge Park? Is it a busy place or remote? And what is Larch Mountain? Is it a park, public space? I assume it's somewhat out in the wilderness? I lived in Portland for a short while, but I never heard of Larch Mountain.

I am amazed at how quickly the forensic evidence was processed and the ability to process DNA - I think this investigation should be a model for others ... amazing investigative work and support from the community.

Clinton, family, relatives, friends, and community: Thoughts are with you as you go through this difficult time. With deep sympathy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliviamadyy