GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just baffled by this guy's apparent non-attempts to cover his tracks.

It seems like the whole thing was some big freak out and he panicked and drove around willy nilly, tossing out her effects. I just don't get it. I am thinking this was premeditated enough that he planned on approaching Whitney that morning and assaulting her sexually. And likely planned on killing her, knowing she would report an assault.

Why did he not also have a more organized plan for disposing of evidence after the fact? Where is the disconnect?

Just a guess--low IQ. (Not being a smart-arse, nothing else makes sense IMO.)

<modsnip> The last person to see her alive other than her mother was probably the neighbor that parked her car that night.

So if I were detectives I would check her phone <modsnip>.

Were there calls, what towers did the calls ping off of. Did anyone else see Whitney leaving for work. <modsnip>

<modsnip>.

Just curious if that actually happened.

I would think Clinton saw her when she got in that night and before she left in the morning.

But I do agree the car park neighbor might hold some info that could help explain what happened between parking the night before and the abduction (if he got her at the apartment lot) the next morning.

No time to cover them? (his tracks)
If he was an aquaintance and lived in the same bldg i'd think Clint would be calling him and the wife/gf as well.

Hence the 11:17 ditch the car. IMO Clint was calling him. (if perp had a cell even)
and throw stuff away and hope the car isn't found before thrash is emptied??

Drop cell at another complex??? So it will ping there and LE will be stalled searching there instead of your own complex?

Who knows!

I can't help but wonder if the events of the day started out violently (i.e. he forced her into her car in the parking lot), or did it start out "friendly", like he approached her that morning maybe asking her for a ride, and at some point it took a turn? Either way, he may have planned it. I just wonder if he started out with a ruse of some sort to get her into the car and out of the parking lot, kwim?
Also, I know he has been charged with aggravated murder. Is that automatically 1st degree? In which case, we'd know this was planned...

I've wondered this, too. Earlier, it had been suggested that he asked Whitney for a ride to work. At the time, I thought the window was smashed out there on the street, but now I don't believe it was. I think too many people in the apartments, including Clint, would've been alerted. Plus, one neighbor in a news video said she thought the tiny bits of glass in the street were from her car. It had recently been broken into.

If Whitney voluntarily gave JH a ride, I wonder where they would've gone. She had to be at Starbucks by 7:00. I think someone tried to search JH's place of employment last night and came up empty. So, was he employed? Did the Heichel's know where he worked? Or did he give a false name of a place of employment, that he knew was well concealed and didn't open until 1 - 2 hours later? I tend to think it's at that point - when Whitney thought she was dropping JH off at work that he somehow commandeered the vehicle.

I remember reports Wednesday or Thursday saying that fragments of glass were found, IIRC, at both Dodge Park and Larch Mt. LE associated those fragments with Whitney's SUV. Whitney may have locked the doors when JH got out, but that's when he broke out the window and assaulted her. MOO

Wondering what type of evidence that they may have that will indicate that she was killed at Dodge Park? He's arraigned in a county that corresponds do Dodge Park rather than where the body was found. How would they know where the actual death took place?

Now I want to know HOW close JH lived to them!! Like above them or in range of a window????

They did live on the 2nd floor I think.

No time to cover them? If he was an aquaintance and lived in the same bldg i'd think Clint would be calling him and the wife/gf as well.

Hence the 11:17 ditch the car. IMO Clint was calling him. (if he had a cell even)
and throw stuff away and hope the car isn't found before thrash is emptied??

Drop cell at another complex??? So it will ping there and LE will be stalled searching there instead of your own complex?

Who knows!

I KNOW! It just won't make sense without a clearer picture of just how close Holt was to the Heichel's and if he had been bothering Whitney prior.

I mean, Clinton may have immediately thought of Holt and said as much to the police. Maybe Whitney told Clinton that Holt had been hanging around Starbucks, or approaching her in the parking lot....something along those lines.

I saw alot of posters say they normally do not get as emotionally invested in cases like these involving adults. I am the same way. We read the details of enough awful stories and learn to dissect the info objectively.

However, in this case, I, too am brokenhearted. Maybe it's the light in her face in the pictures of her with Clinton, I dunno.

But I choked up while catching up this morning. :(

May mean they have a weapon at the scene in Dodge Park.
I was thinking spent ammo at one location and
a victim at the other?

Someone heard gunfire? Screams?
I know it's not confirmed but which location was she seen on the dead tree?

Had to be at Dodge park if she was killed there,

We don't have a COD yet it could be many things!

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/long_investigation_led_to_trag.html

I snipped this paragrah from the link above.

I think Whitney and her husband may have done home visits with Jonathan to teach the word of Jehovah. I doubt Jonathan was a Jevhoah Witness anyone know? (my words)

from the link above.. Holt was acquainted with both the Heichels and may have been familiar with them through Jehovah's Witness gatherings, Junginger said. But there was no evidence of any relationship between Holt and Whitney Heichel beyond being acquaintances, he said

Holt was a Jehovah's Witness.

Holt grew up in East Portland and attended school in the Parkrose School District. Neighbors of Holt’s family told KATU News he was a Jehovah’s Witness.

“I see his wife with him,” Sandoval said. “I think he was married.”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Neighbors-never-saw-Holt-Heichel-together-175099421.html

my heart goes out to Whitney's family during this tragic time....

So it was her the other couple saw sitting on the dead tree?

Would they not have mentioned a cause of death? There was a autopsy but it said the results aren't open to the public. Obviously in court that would have to come out.

I don't know if JH was currently employed, but there was that comment on KATU last night that the commenter's sister had formerly worked with him and "he had seemed normal." No clue about what field he worked in though.

I am just baffled by this guy's apparent non-attempts to cover his tracks.

It seems like the whole thing was some big freak out and he panicked and drove around willy nilly, tossing out her effects. I just don't get it. I am thinking this was premeditated enough that he planned on approaching Whitney that morning and assaulting her sexually. And likely planned on killing her, knowing she would report an assault.

Why did he not also have a more organized plan for disposing of evidence after the fact? Where is the disconnect?

Agreed. It appears he planned everything up until the assault. Why did he scatter everything around the neighboring community instead of on Larch Mt.? I'm glad he left clues so easily found, but it makes no sense. It's like he panicked once he committed the crime.

I'm not sure if anyone else caught this, but Holt is now scheduled to be arraigned and prosecuted in Clackamas County (the location of Larch Mountain), not Multnomah County (the location of Dodge Park):

http://www.opb.org/news/article/details-slowly-emerging-in-heichel-case/

Here's another report stating the same:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/missing-ore-womans-body-found-man-arrested-17524196

It's the other way around, Dodge is in Clack. co and Larch mt is in Mult co.

my heart goes out to Whitney's family during this tragic time....

So it was her the other couple saw sitting on the dead tree?

It had to be a different woman. Whitney was already dead :( - killed at Dodge Park. I assume LE has forensic evidence to back this up. I wonder if the woman was curled up in the tree, according to the witness, to hide her face, i.e, to avoid identification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliviamadyy