GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local TV (KOIN) just said coming up at 4pm - "Whitney Heichel's husband shares his heartbreak. He talks about all that Whitney meant to him and what haunts him about the murder".

It's 3pm here now.

But the article did say "fingerprints and DNA"--so, if the DNA was hair or skin cells, and not your delicate suggestion...then I wonder, still, if the jump-start could be the 'cause' of this...

I look at the pictures and the video interviews...and there's something off, to me. Holt, with no prior offenses other than a couple minor traffic infractions, looks like someone who's absolutely had the rug pulled out from under his feet--completely overwhelmed, scared (for himself and maybe loved ones), and anxious/suicidal--to me he doesn't come across as the type who'd be a cold-blooded killer pumping (supposedly pre-meditated) multiple gunshots into this little gal. Her husband looks dead pan...which could read 'shell-shocked' in a sense, but in another...I can't quite get a consistent read on him. He seems very contained, almost detached (calling her "a lively little person")...even when breaking down at the news conference--his face contorted but I saw no tears. I'm not making accusation here...it's more a personality read, from body language and verbal and nonverbal expression.

BBM --- everyone has to start somewhere. IMO it's easier to shoot someone, and a heck of a lot less personal, than holding them down and strangling them to death. In fact, if you think about what a disorganized idiot this guy seems to be, shooting her makes perfect sense. I don't think he was cold-blooded and calculating at all, past a certain point. I think he thought he was calculating and I think that we'll end up hearing a lot more stories about him being a pervo, a creeper, a peeper and a stalker, but I don't think he knew what to do once he'd actually committed a rape. I imagine he looks so flipping pathetic because he fancies himself a victim in all of this. I can hear it now, she "tempted" him, she led him on, she, she, she, she. Guys like this are the same type who are emotionally and physically abusive to their partners, are the same type who blame everyone and everything else when they screw up, and IMO he killed her because he was angry at her for him raping her. He likely never saw himself as having a choice in his actions and therefore freaked out and destroyed the person he thought was to blame for his actions. You bet he's scared -- he's seriously screwed the pooch and now he's in a position where he will be held accountable. This is serious, it's public and he's literally locked up where he can't run away.

I thought the husband's facial expression was strange, I admit. But I also watched the entire video of that press conference and saw him and her father both crying, making real tears. One could apply that same rationale that is currently, unfairly IMO, blaming her husband and apply that to her father -- he didn't speak at that presser either and he was remarkably composed. Her mother was, too. But, just because someone is stoic does not implicate them in a crime.

I am certain this was done on purpose to show the sun shining through between them to make for a more beautiful photograph.

There were 19 other wedding photos of JDH and his wife, at the photographer's website... which were removed within the last 2 hours.

The other photos are the typical wedding poses ie embracing, kissing, holding hands, at the alter, at the buffet table, the wedding cake etc.etc.
It looked to be a very lovely wedding and the photography was beautifully done.

I agree with some other comments about her looking very happy, but he looked to me... just goofy and out of place.

Just a thought on why Holt looks beat down in his picture possibly because he was caught, Things Whitney may have said to him. Realizing this is life for now his future possibly sitting behind bars. Knowing everyone is looking at him and stressed about court and having to face people etc.

with WH being sexually violated in some way by him that says more than any anything to me I think he probably made some sort of advance towards her in the past and she rebuffed it he held it in until it came to a boiling point I dont want to speculate on anything but I do think he thought about it for a very long time maybe he decided he couldnt get Whitney to love him so he got married to someone else who showed interest in him but actually held a torch for WH and then when Whitney met someone got married and was totally in love ready to start her own family it was to much for him perhaps he stopped going to meetings because he didnt like to see how happy they were together and then he just went crazy I dont think he had to have any priors for that to be the case but its so ODD that of all places he lived in the same complex Id be curious to know when he moved his family into the same place.

I thought I read the church groups knew early on about the gas purchase (from Clint), and used it to calculate how far in various directions the SUV could have made it and then back to WalMart. On iPad right now, don't have a link handy. Maybe a write up from the day after arrest?

Yes Thess, I remember that too. I think it was in an article explaining it. I remember thinking that was smart.

HLN just did some brief coverage. Said they would follow up so hopefully with the arraignement too. HLN reported that Holt took care of plants etc. in Whitney and Clints apt. Not the other way around???? Also stated Holts Wife was upset when she heard of Whitneys disappearance that morning but could not locate her husband. Hmmm.......just sayin :waitasec:

I don't argue that he looks goofy... but honestly, I think that's just his face..

I looked through all of the wedding photos. I just don't see anything that stands out to me. I'd really hate for some posting to judge pictures of my husband and I (or lack thereof). I'm not a clingy person so I don't hang on him in pictures. I'm not much of a smiler because I have crooked teeth, so often times I don't smile or I look smug. Some of y'all would probably think I couldn't stand to be near him, but that's the furthest thing from the truth.

I loved JH's wedding pictures, how devastating for his wife.

As for Clint's demeanor- crushed, overwhelmed, and complete sleep deprived is all I see. This poor man lost his entire life in one morning. How will he go on without the obvious love of his life?

Holt never thought he'd get caught. I'd guess that he's still reeling that he did, and so quickly too.

Local TV (KOIN) just said coming up at 4pm - "Whitney Heichel's husband shares his heartbreak. He talks about all that Whitney meant to him and what haunts him about the murder".

It's 3pm here now.

Granting interviews about his heartbreak seems off to me, somehow. If they are 'unspeakably devastated' (and her family does seem to be), then media interviews seem like the last thing a devastated husband would be interested in right now. Maybe later...but doing these interviews today seems almost like 'good PR' in light of the fact of Holt's arraignment today...

Did anyone see/hear the arraignment? I couldn't find the link.

Thank goodness he is off the street!!! When do we find out what happens after he is in court?

Granting interviews about his heartbreak seems off to me, somehow. If they are 'unspeakably devastated' (and her family does seem to be), then media interviews seem like the last thing a devastated husband would be interested in right now. Maybe later...but doing these interviews today seems almost like 'good PR' in light of the fact of Holt's arraignment today...

Too true.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member