GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.currypilot.com/News/Local-News/Family-mobilizes-joins-search-for-Whitneyhttp://

Looks like family came from all over to search. This article shows family from Brookings heard pretty quickly from Clint.

The friend of mine that knew Whitney a bit from Starbucks said her maiden name was Woosley, but she may have also went by Ritmiller (her mothers married name) prior to getting married?

Not sure where I am headed with this, just a new article I came across. I could only hope my family would mobilize this quickly to search for me! Although I doubt anyone would report me after only 2 hours missing at work, sadly. Maybe I should make a pact with a coworker or something. Odds are my husband wouldnt know anything was wrong until 5:30 when i didnt come home.

Edit - This was the first article that also mentioned that she attended High School briefly for a year in Brookings at Brookings Harbor High.

404: Not Found
Sorry, but the content you requested could not be found.

The link has extra "http" digits on the end; need to lop those off to get it to work, rmarie3. :)

http://www.currypilot.com/News/Local-News/Family-mobilizes-joins-search-for-Whitney

I hadn't heard this....why are you bringing up abuse of a corpse? He didn't do that, did he?

There are MANY areas within that time frame where he could have hidden her...Larch MT isn't the only heavily wooded area around here. If they're that good with their searching skills, it's really unfortunate they couldn't help in finding Kyron. I wonder if they ever did get involved in that. At any rate, they were either incredibly lucky, or had a tip. What was the tip that got them to search Larch Mt I wonder?

There are MANY areas within that time frame where he could have hidden her...Larch MT isn't the only heavily wooded area around here. If they're that good with their searching skills, it's really unfortunate they couldn't help in finding Kyron. I wonder if they ever did get involved in that. At any rate, they were either incredibly lucky, or had a tip. What was the tip that got them to search Larch Mt I wonder?

I have always wondered this as well, there are so many different he could have taken her, so how in the world did they know to go to the places they went. I don't think people that are not local realize how many heavily wooded places we have around here. And on that note, I am still so puzzled that he's saying he killed her near Dodge Park, and yet then drove all the way to Larch Mountain. Why not head up towards Mt. Hood onto some forest road or something since you're already in Sandy? Why drive back through town? This is the part I am having the hardest part with figuring out.

Interesting information about where JH is being prosecuted:

From this article:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Fami...hosts-public-remembrance-today-175990851.html

"As far as the county where Holt is facing prosecution, it is significant that it is happening in Clackamas County, where the murder occurred and the body was found, instead of Multnomah County, where the kidnapping took place.

Prosecutors tell KATU that they believe it is far easier to get a jury in Clackamas County to hand down the death penalty than it is to get a jury in Multnomah County to do so. That's because Clackamas County is more conservative, while Multnomah County is more liberal."

I hadn't heard this....why are you bringing up abuse of a corpse? He didn't do that, did he?

It would be much easier to understand who you are talking to if you used the quote function. However I will respond to this.

Most of us have read every single post in all 4 threads in order. Way back in thread 1 or 2, a link was posted that speculated as to whether the woman was, indeed JHs mother. The post was subsequently removed, i assume to protect this woman who may or may not have been....However I had clicked through the link before its removal and noticed there was reference to some of his charges one of which was "abuse of corpse". I posted asking if this had been reported on/if anyone had heard/read this as well. It was a request for confirmation, not a statement of fact.

I have always wondered this as well, there are so many different he could have taken her, so how in the world did they know to go to the places they went. I don't think people that are not local realize how many heavily wooded places we have around here. And on that note, I am still so puzzled that he's saying he killed her near Dodge Park, and yet then drove all the way to Larch Mountain. Why not head up towards Mt. Hood onto some forest road or something since you're already in Sandy? Why drive back through town? This is the part I am having the hardest part with figuring out.

Keep in mind that JWs go preaching and know pretty much every road in the county like the back of their hand. IIRC there were 6 different congregations that helped search, so they had a lot of people with a lot of experience in the area. I also believe there were 60 groups sent out, so 58 of those groups did not find anything and did not go in the right direction. I also believe that LE assigned search areas to the volunteers, so it wasn't completely random.

I agree. Shoot...how about back in Estacada? Carver even...I mean...so many places. Yet they happened to 'fan out' and like magic, they come across her sweater...dumped in a field. So...did they get out and walk that field? I also heard it was beside the road on Dodge Park Rd. So which was it? And I wonder also...60 cars of searchers...surely there were JW's from other Kingdom Halls? Look at all the people who searched for months for Kyron, and found nothing. Like I said...either luck or a tip.

It would be much easier to understand who you are talking to if you used the quote function. However I will respond to this.

Most of us have read every single post in all 4 threads in order. Way back in thread 1 or 2, a link was posted that speculated as to whether the woman was, indeed JHs mother. The post was subsequently removed, i assume to protect this woman who may or may not have been....However I had clicked through the link before its removal and noticed there was reference to some of his charges one of which was "abuse of corpse". I posted asking if this had been reported on/if anyone had heard/read this as well. It was a request for confirmation, not a statement of fact.

Oh...excuse me. I thought the Quick Reply function worked as well.

I realize it wasn't a statement of fact...I just wanted to know where it came from...why was it thought about. And most of us didn't get started here in the beginning.

Oh...excuse me. I thought the Quick Reply function worked as well.

The reply function works, but if you are replying to a post it is easier to figure out what you are talking about and who you are talking to in your post. HTH

Interesting information about where JH is being prosecuted:

From this article:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Fami...hosts-public-remembrance-today-175990851.html

"As far as the county where Holt is facing prosecution, it is significant that it is happening in Clackamas County, where the murder occurred and the body was found, instead of Multnomah County, where the kidnapping took place.

Prosecutors tell KATU that they believe it is far easier to get a jury in Clackamas County to hand down the death penalty than it is to get a jury in Multnomah County to do so. That's because Clackamas County is more conservative, while Multnomah County is more liberal."

So whoever is stating that she was killed on Larch Mt is wrong because that's in Multnomah County...Dodge Park is in Clackamas. I think I read on here maybe that he had confessed to killing her on Larch Mt...I suppose it would be an easy mistake to report.

I agree. Shoot...how about back in Estacada? Carver even...I mean...so many places. Yet they happened to 'fan out' and like magic, they come across her sweater...dumped in a field. So...did they get out and walk that field? I also heard it was beside the road on Dodge Park Rd. So which was it? And I wonder also...60 cars of searchers...surely there were JW's from other Kingdom Halls? Look at all the people who searched for months for Kyron, and found nothing. Like I said...either luck or a tip.

A lot of it probably depends on how well people know the area. I don't know if you are familiar with the Lyric and Elizabeth case but there was a local there that was trying to help and discovered a road that he never knew had existed, yet it was quite close to his house. He'd never seen it or heard of it prior to that case.

This is quite common. We recently moved to a mountainous area and do a lot of off roading and exploring when the weather doesn't permit for camping, hiking and being outside. I was with a couple of my friends who have lived here their entire lives and mentioned something about a mountain road that leads from one small town to another over the mountains. Neither of them knew that road went all the way through. They had both been on both ends of the road a multitude of times, yet had never followed the road all the way to the other end.

I'm just trying to show how experience, familiarity and even gut instinct can play a huge role in how well someone is able to find something.

A lot of it probably depends on how well people know the area. I don't know if you are familiar with the Lyric and Elizabeth case but there was a local there that was trying to help and discovered a road that he never knew had existed, yet it was quite close to his house. He'd never seen it or heard of it prior to that case.

This is quite common. We recently moved to a mountainous area and do a lot of off roading and exploring when the weather doesn't permit for camping, hiking and being outside. I was with a couple of my friends who have lived here their entire lives and mentioned something about a mountain road that leads from one small town to another over the mountains. Neither of them knew that road went all the way through. They had both been on both ends of the road a multitude of times, yet had never followed the road all the way to the other end.

I'm just trying to show how experience, familiarity and even gut instinct can play a huge role in how well someone is able to find something.

This is what I'm saying. I've lived in this area since 1977 and it's just incredible that they happened to find what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC