Orlando Sentinel motion filed on where 200K was spent

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just before trial it was 68K. That would not include court costs or the interest and penalties that keep piling on. And those penalties are steep.

The other thing is with the check charges looming over Casey, and her out on Bail I doubt she had an active bank account. So who was the check made out to?

Did JB dig a hole for himself too..he likes playing with dirt, digging up dirt...throwing dirt...

:worms:: :floorlaugh::

IMO

Sheesh....I am predicting some sticky spider webs are ready and waiting.

Do we have any idea when this motion will be heard?

My Grandmother always said that "Revenge is best served cold".

Every single one that has had their greedy fingers in this will eventually get "theirs".
Looks like it is on the horizen afterall.

Ya know, it may seem that Casey keeps getting away with things, but I have to believe that someone, somewhere, is keeping a running tally of all of the wrongs done in Caylee's name.

Just sit back and relax folks. It's coming.
Things have been real hot in this case, and things have to cool off at some point.

I'm waiting on the motion that was filed to release the jailhouse video the day that Caylee was found.

Yep, they'll all get their "payday", and it won't be what they expect either.

Like the wicked witch from "The Wizard of Oz" tells Dorothy, "I'll get you my little pretty, and your little dog too!!" {Baez}

Casey thought when she strutted out of jail, that her new theme song would be "It's Raining Men", {and $$$$$$$$} but it looks like the tropical storm rains are motions!!!

Yoo hoo....JB, where are you? You can run but you can't hide. Still smirking?

By the way, FCA. ~ Your day will come. Don't 'cha just love being hated?

The Orlando Sentinel reported in March 2010 that Baez received $200,000, in addition to $70,000 from FCA's former attorney Todd Macaluso and $5,000 from an unidentified donor.

So Jose had $275,000.00 and it appears to me he should be accountable for that money. After all she was on the taxpayers tab during the trial. Wasn't Jose's house about to be foreclosed? I wonder who will be paying the IRS their $68,000.00! :twocents:

:cow:

The Orlando Sentinel reported in March 2010 that Baez received $200,000, in addition to $70,000 from FCA's former attorney Todd Macaluso and $5,000 from an unidentified donor.

So Jose had $275,000.00 and it appears to me he should be accountable for that money. After all she was on the taxpayers tab during the trial. Wasn't Jose's house about to be foreclosed? I wonder who will be paying the IRS their $68,000.00! :twocents:

:cow:

That's not all CarolinaWoman.

Andrea Lyon testified under oath that DePaul University where she is employed had also contributed about $22 grand or a bit more.
Now, this may have gone towards her travel, etc, but, it still went towards this case.

"Hey Baez!!! You got a lotta splaining to do!!!!!"

Andrea Lyon testified under oath that DePaul University where she is employed had also contributed about $22 grand or a bit more.
Now, this may have gone towards her travel, etc, but, it still went towards this case.

I thought Andrea Lyon also contributed initially like 70 grand. Way back, I thought that must be the entry fee to join the infamous KC DT team. Later I think she got paid 22 grand by the DT team.

As far as KC having a bank account, in the jail house tapes, she told Lee she had one, not much in it, and CA had Power of Attorney over it, and anything else I suppose.

IIRC, KC also signed some sort of waiver for JB to get the $200,000 or more that it was for her. Was it to be used as a very hefty retainer for JB? (I thought it was more along the lines of $256,000, don't know why I thought that.)

Now, that money was spent before her trial was over, that would be a problem. Especially if every penny was not accounted for. My understanding is you cannot use the money in an escrow account until representation is complete, at least in this State. Many a lawyer have lost their license to practice because of this, creative accounting to keep the lawyer afloat is a no no.

If this is JB's retainer, he will need to pay taxes on it himself also. I don't know if that was ever done either.

All of the donations to her defense should have also been kept in said escrow account. Taxes would have to be paid on those funds also, and complete accounting for every penny.

So much shady business from JB that my head spins.

As far as KC having a bank account, in the jail house tapes, she told Lee she had one, not much in it, and CA had Power of Attorney over it, and anything else I suppose.

IIRC, KC also signed some sort of waiver for JB to get the $200,000 or more that it was for her. Was it to be used as a very hefty retainer for JB? (I thought it was more along the lines of $256,000, don't know why I thought that.)

Now, that money was spent before her trial was over, that would be a problem. Especially if every penny was not accounted for. My understanding is you cannot use the money in an escrow account until representation is complete, at least in this State. Many a lawyer have lost their license to practice because of this, creative accounting to keep the lawyer afloat is a no no.

If this is JB's retainer, he will need to pay taxes on it himself also. I don't know if that was ever done either.

All of the donations to her defense should have also been kept in said escrow account. Taxes would have to be paid on those funds also, and complete accounting for every penny.

So much shady business from JB that my head spins.

From what I remember it was:

$200,000 from ABC
$5,000 from a private donor
$70,000 from TM (Calif atty)
$70,000 from AL (no actual dollars just funds used to work on KC's case)
Total $345,000 in monies and services provided for KC's defense.

jmo

Is this just your opinion, or do you have anything to back it up?

Trust me, $200,00 is more than he would have made over the last few years on this case, a lot more.

I thought Andrea Lyon also contributed initially like 70 grand. Way back, I thought that must be the entry fee to join the infamous KC DT team. Later I think she got paid 22 grand by the DT team.

Pure speculation,but I always thought it was AL behind the scenes that pushed the indigent status for KC. I think JB was happy to get a lot of high profile lawyers and experts on board pro bono so he could keep any money that came in. He knew declaring indigent would open up his can of $$worms$$.

In general ,there is so much hink and stink through out this entire case ,I'm suprised anyone that supported KC is still walking around .Boggles my mind.

Is this just your opinion, or do you have anything to back it up?

Direct knowledge. Worked for a criminal defense attorney that is renowned for Capital Murder Defense for nearly 20 years, still on the job.

Pure speculation,but I always thought it was AL behind the scenes that pushed the indigent status for KC. I think JB was happy to get a lot of high profile lawyers and experts on board pro bono so he could keep any money that came in. He knew declaring indigent would open up his can of $$worms$$.

In general ,there is so much hink and stink through out this entire case ,I'm suprised anyone that supported KC is still walking around .Boggles my mind.

I agree with it being AL's doing. She wanted some income from it too. I remember them huddling in Court to answer where the money was from and where it went. They looked like scattering roaches when the light is turned on trying to figure out how to answer.

Can you please tell me where I can find that testimony? I'd be interested to know what the University's intention was in making that contribution.

Thanks. :)

From what I remember it was:

$200,000 from ABC
$5,000 from a private donor
$70,000 from TM (Calif atty)
$70,000 from AL (no actual dollars just funds used to work on KC's case)
Total $345,000 in monies and services provided for KC's defense.

jmo

Thanks what I remember as well.
iirc the funds from AL came from Depaul legal aid clinic..AL also received about $20,000 from the ABC money, $89,000 going to Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3