Oscar Pistorius Defense

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
greetings everyone. I'm a newbie to this forum and want to congratulate everyone for the considerable time and effort put into your questions, answers and thought processes. I can't help but wonder if op read this or any other forum prior to, or even during testifying because it would certainly have given him some ideas. I read this article as to whether op is suffering from ptsd.

http://www.biznews.com/health-bizne...pistorius-performance-may-prove-mental-state/

welcome!

Greetings everyone. I'm a newbie to this forum and want to congratulate everyone for the considerable time and effort put into your questions, answers and thought processes. I can't help but wonder if OP read this or any other forum prior to, or even during testifying because it would certainly have given him some ideas on how to tailor his evidence.

:seeya:welcome to Websleuths, Judgejudi!!!!:seeya:

I am a relative 'newbie' myself and find it very informative and entertaining. I am sure you will too...and keep those posts coming!!

Interesting article from Paul Whelan on the advantages of televising the OP trial and the fact that he initially viewed it to see how the Court operates and evaluate between the effectiveness of a judge over the jury system that operates in many countries. His verdict to date? Well, I thing the following paragraph sums it up...

"I have come to believe Oscar Pistorius is not telling the truth. For whatever bundle of reasons, evidence and prejudices I entertain, I believe he shot Reeva in a moment of rage brought on by something or other we - and I - will never know about now. At first I had followed this trial out of the corner of my eye. But as the cross examinations went on, it became clear to me Oscar did not love Reeva. They were having a night together, no doubt among several they have had. But this was not the love match the media had sold to us, though she seems to have been coming round to loving him. Reeva gave Oscar the Valentine, not vice versa."

http://www.politicsweb.co.za/politi...b/en/page71619?oid=597978&sn=Detail&pid=71616

Personally, I think OP shot her in anger, but whether his story is true or not, his actions that night did not tally with those of someone who really cared for their partner. At the first sign of a break in, I would keep my wife at my side, or at least KNOW she was somewhere safe.

Greetings everyone. I'm a newbie to this forum and want to congratulate everyone for the considerable time and effort put into your questions, answers and thought processes. I can't help but wonder if OP read this or any other forum prior to, or even during testifying because it would certainly have given him some ideas on how to tailor his evidence.

:seeya:

Good thought but I hope not.
I was hoping this was all in a secret code only Nel et al. could understand !

Interesting article from Paul Whelan on the advantages of televising the OP trial and the fact that he initially viewed it to see how the Court operates and evaluate between the effectiveness of a judge over the jury system that operates in many countries. His verdict to date? Well, I thing the following paragraph sums it up...

"I have come to believe Oscar Pistorius is not telling the truth. For whatever bundle of reasons, evidence and prejudices I entertain, I believe he shot Reeva in a moment of rage brought on by something or other we - and I - will never know about now. At first I had followed this trial out of the corner of my eye. But as the cross examinations went on, it became clear to me Oscar did not love Reeva. They were having a night together, no doubt among several they have had. But this was not the love match the media had sold to us, though she seems to have been coming round to loving him. Reeva gave Oscar the Valentine, not vice versa."

http://www.politicsweb.co.za/politi...b/en/page71619?oid=597978&sn=Detail&pid=71616

Men who love their partners don't play "***** Don't Kill my Vibe" in their presence... ever.

This interesting article gives two forensic psychologists' views on OP's lack of remorse.

http://www.biznews.com/health-bizne...pistorius-performance-may-prove-mental-state/

And as to OP's many lies, here's one more to add to the list. You'll remember he testified about a boating accident when he severely injured his face. What a shame Nel didn't know about the contents of the following article. The third last paragraph is especially interesting, but also frustrating.

http://ewn.co.za/2014/04/23/OPINION-Did-Oscar-Pistorius-lie-on-the-stand

:seeya:

Good thought but I hope not.
I was hoping this was all in a secret code only Nel et al. could understand !

I think, if there's been any "secret coding" most of its been going on in this case frim the getgo from Oscar's side (with crime scene removal and cops deliberately messing up things etc.)

And who is that in your gif? Jodi? And what's with the skirt coming up?

This interesting article gives two forensic psychologists' views on OP's lack of remorse.

And as to OP's many lies, here's one more to add to the list. You'll remember he testified about a boating accident when he severely injured his face. What a shame Nel didn't know about the contents of the following article. The third last paragraph is especially interesting, but also frustrating.

http://ewn.co.za/2014/04/23/OPINION-Did-Oscar-Pistorius-lie-on-the-stand

RE Your 2nd link and Nel knowing about the full boating matter.
Did you see my posts on this a day ago?

SAPS and NPA dropped the investigation, and some of us allege that esp. with video of alcoholic beverages in the boat, the 'after dark' revelation, and more, that they dropped the matter, when they prob. could have proved the recklessness etc, and so acted improperly and illegally in letting OP go.

So that is the real reason Nel could not bring that up, when it is highly likely he knows far more details than you and I. IMO.

Welcome Judi

Love your show!!??

What part of Australia are you from? I'm in QLD.

Don't think a link to this has been posted. It's really only worth reading if you want to see how many daft statements can be fit into one short article. Thanks too Judgejudi for those links of your's- that first article in particular was an interesting read.

http://groundreport.com/support-growing-for-oscar-pistorius/

lithgow1

Thank you for the article. It is appalling in so many ways. Eg - too early in the relationship to have a serious argument???? Some couples argue from day 1. Reeva's texts suggest that they had had at least a few arguments already. And I could go on .... but I won't.

Also, I read the responses by SA locals to the second article that Judgejudi gave the link to. Like Wedsleuthers, the great majority of responding readers are not convinced by the DT's arguments.

lithgow1

Thank you for the article. It is appalling in so many ways. Eg - too early in the relationship to have a serious argument???? Some couples argue from day 1. Reeva's texts suggest that they had had at least a few arguments already. And I could go on .... but I won't.

Also, I read the responses by SA locals to the second article that Judgejudi gave the link to. Like Wedsleuthers, the great majority of responding readers are not convinced by the DT's arguments.
It's a shocker isn't it. I had a look at the related wiki page - it's essentially the same thing, though there's an additional statement under the 'Unlikely events' heading that had me shaking my head as to where that was pulled from. I should disclose that I 'know' who this writer is from the Jodi Arias trial. IMO he was not convincing then either.

lithgow1

I haven't read the article yet but that's been an argument made here too. Having been in an abusive relationship and working with many people who have walked in those shoes since then - Oscar and Reeva defy the 'norm' in an abusive relationship. It is highly unusual for there to be belittling, mocking, ridicule, or provoking fear that early into a relationship. Even in abusive relationships, an abuser is still in 'Prince Charming' mode more often than not. Some mask slippage may start occurring, but it's often quite covert. IMO, their relationship seems to be an emotionally abusive one on steroids. I consider Oscar to be really quite scary as a result.

As to your second point, a yougov poll was conducted which shows 7% of Brits polled believe Oscar Pistorius is innocent while 64% believe he's guilty of murder. This poll was conducted March 4-5 so it's reasonable to assume that last number could well be higher now that he's testified.

JMO

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/qalj72jrl3/YG-Archive-140305-Oscar-P.pdf

RE Your 2nd link and Nel knowing about the full boating matter.
Did you see my posts on this a day ago?

SAPS and NPA dropped the investigation, and some of us allege that esp. with video of alcoholic beverages in the boat, the 'after dark' revelation, and more, that they dropped the matter, when they prob. could have proved the recklessness etc, and so acted improperly and illegally in letting OP go.

So that is the real reason Nel could not bring that up, when it is highly likely he knows far more details than you and I. IMO.

Hi Shane. I've been trying to catch-up and have been going to bed at unspeakable hours but am now up-to-date. I did read your posts. Obviously every little bit helps when the prosecution has a circumstantial case and the fact that someone was prepared to come forward but just "missed the boat" so to speak was sooo annoying.

Listening to Dr. Stipp's testimony, several questions occurred to me that I have no doubt trial watchers here have the answers to (I hope).

What was the reason OP carried Reeva downstairs? So far, I have not seen or heard any reasons given for his moving her.

Dr. Stipp testified that after checking Reeva and finding no sign of life, he went outside and talked to Mr. Stander and asked him if the ambulance was on its way. Stander said, "No," and that he hadn't called one yet.

Does any one know why? Even though it sounds like several calls had to be made after Dr. Stipp asked (There doesn't seem to be the same kind of 911 system we have in the US.), I don't understand why that wasn't the first thing someone would have done, whether it was Oscar or Stander. Was any reason given by anyone for this delay?

It also is baffling to me, incomprehensible, actually, that OP would carry a mortally wounded person downstairs, but not call an ambulance, even while knowing it was hopeless.

What was the point of moving her, since he was not moving her closer to the not-yet summoned medical help? Has this come up in all the testimony I have not seen? TIA

Listening to Dr. Stipp's testimony, several questions occurred to me that I have no doubt trial watchers here have the answers to (I hope).

What was the reason OP carried Reeva downstairs? So far, I have not seen or heard any reasons given for his moving her.

Dr. Stipp testified that after checking Reeva and finding no sign of life, he went outside and talked to Mr. Stander and asked him if the ambulance was on its way. Stander said, "No," and that he hadn't called one yet.

Does any one know why? Even though it sounds like several calls had to be made after Dr. Stipp asked (There doesn't seem to be the same kind of 911 system we have in the US.), I don't understand why that wasn't the first thing someone would have done, whether it was Oscar or Stander. Was any reason given by anyone for this delay?

It also is baffling to me, incomprehensible, actually, that OP would carry a mortally wounded person downstairs, but not call an ambulance, even while knowing it was hopeless.

What was the point of moving her, since he was not moving her closer to the not-yet summoned medical help? Has this come up in all the testimony I have not seen? TIA

Your question breaks down into two, PPkik: 1. what was the ostensible reason why OP took Reeva downstairs and 2. what was the real reason.

The answer he gives to question 1 is that he was told by Netcare to take her in to hospital himself without waiting. This claim has not been verified. There is no evidence that he was told this or that he would have been told this.

The answer to question 2 is tantalizing, especially if you take the view that Reeva was quite certainly already dead.

The possibility that he contemplated secretly disposing of the body has been raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025