Oscar Pistorius Defense

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. They are talking about other cases now, but I was most disappointed with that. Leading Brit QCs/judge, and they don't seem to think much of Nel's advocacy at all.

However, I think they made themselves look a little foolish. They spoke of how 'it never really happens' in a Brit courtroom that a prosecutor calls a witness a liar.

Today I was posting about the Wycherley murder trial in the UK, where prosecution stated: 'You lied and lied and lied. You lied to everyone.'

Now I have to split my time between football

and Oscar Pistorius and Audrey Gleave and Dellen Millard and Baden-Clay and ... :scared:

Attachments

• adidas-brazuca+wc_trophy-1024x681.jpg
    adidas-brazuca+wc_trophy-1024x681.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 13
“... I have not seen much of the live TV coverage of the trial. SNIPPED And, he said, "God is the most important thing in the world to me. ... This may prove to be a giant ploy of the Evil One to destroy the testimony and witness of one of God's chosen. So let us pray rather than spread malicious gossip and unhelpful rumors and theories. ...”

... and that my friends, is why we should keep religion well away from this. Not seen any evidence but coming to a conclusion anyway? Now, where have we heard that before?

I like this forum because the extremists tend to be kept off it and there is lots of debate & discussion between people who genuinely have respect for each other. To suggest we all start praying is highly disrespectful as not all of us think it does any good at all, as we do not believe in any other being but Human ones.

... and that my friends, is why we should keep religion well away from this. Not seen any evidence but coming to a conclusion anyway? Now, where have we heard that before?

I like this forum because the extremists tend to be kept off it and there is lots of debate & discussion between people who genuinely have respect for each other. To suggest we all start praying is highly disrespectful as not all of us think it does any good at all, as we do not believe in any other being but Human ones.

I agree as I also noticed how op seemed to include his religion upon the court when explaining his after the events anguish.. I have no doubt that inclusion was for the judges benefit
As if some how he would be presented in a better light..
Let's not forget eye for an eye... My lady!!

I wonder how the patient is doing with his outpatient treatments?

Has he been seen out and about at his usual party events recently?

I like this forum because... there is lots of debate & discussion between people who genuinely have respect for each other.
Really?! Have you asked yourself why nobody who disagrees with the majority posts here anymore??

I'm an atheist. And "extremist" is a subjective term. So I don't fit the religious mold, and I'm open to the prospect of guilt or innocence (even though almost no one else here appears to be) so I don't fit the extremist mold either. And yet there's ZERO respect for my opinions...beginning in three, two, one...lol

Really?! Have you asked yourself why nobody who disagrees with the majority posts here anymore??

Ha...no one wonders imo. We've all seen the bloody bodies dragged through the town square lol

jmo

Some questions to think about:

How much of OP's story is reasonable or unreasonable?

Imo, unreasonable to believe Reeva never spoke after, 'can't you sleep baba?'

Unreasonable to believe OP never turned on a light for many reasons but especially the taking in of fan. Reeva was awake, she just spoke to him, why he didn't turn on a light instead of shuffling round in the dark is too stupid to comprehend. Reeva would have turned on light to see what he was doing.

Reeva never asked what OP was going to do, he never said what he was going to do (move the fans etc.) He never said, 'you didn't bring in the fans', she never said, 'sorry I didn't bring in the fans'. LOL In his version, Reeva is just a bit player, for her to enter any kind of conversation at this time is dangerous in OP's mind. She must say nothing, at his bail hearing she did say nothing, later she did say one sentence.

Unreasonable to believe that after 5 hrs sleep he wouldn't expect Reeva would go to the toilet.

Unreasonable that he never felt for her in the bed or listen to a response from her before storming the bathroom to kill intruder.

Unreasonable to believe he was so scared of having intruders he slept with his balcony doors open and ladders outside while sleeping.

Unreasonable that he never heard Reeva get up from bed or see a light from her phone as it was complete darkness any light he would have seen. Yet he hears a noise in another room.

Unreasonable that he never warned the 'intruders' he was armed and ready to shoot, that he knew they were in the toilet to which Reeva would have said it was her.

Unreasonable that OP never waited for any response from Reeva whatsoever.

Unreasonable that OP didn't keep Reeva by his side.

Unreasonable that Reeva would lock herself in the toilet to do a wee.

Unreasonable that OP never pressed alarm or called Frank to help.

It is unreasonable that once he has shot perceived threat then he thinks it might have been Reeva. Why couldn't it have been Reeva in the toilet when he first heard the noise?

It's unreasonable that OP calls Stander first instead of emergency number.

It's unreasonable that OP tells Baba 'everything was fine', or 'he was okay'. He obviously had presence of mind to do so.

It's unreasonable that after he found Reeva's lifeless body, he then is calm and doesn't shout or scream, at what he had done, as he just did when he thought there was an intruder.

It's unreasonable that OP would shout, 'Get the **** out of my house!' twice at intruder who was supposedly in toilet cubicle.

How much of OP's story is self-contradictory?

OP at first said fan, then it became fans.

OP said he whispered to Reeva about calling the police, later he said he spoke in a low tone. Obviously it was brought to his attention there was a difference and he needed to clarify which it was.

Gun was usually kept on the pedestal, on this particular night, under the bed.

OP usually slept on the right, this night the left.

This particular night, the blue light on the equipment bothered him, he never mentioned it ever bothered him before or took steps to fix the problem permanently.

OP is very worried about security yet sleeps with balcony doors open, broken window downstairs and ladders up against wall.

OP complained it was excessively hot yet he closes the balcony doors and curtains at 3am.

OP describes the noise in testimony as the window sliding open and hitting frame, on bail application he just mentions noise.

OP says shooting gun he couldn't hear yet he is sure Reeva never screamed or spoke.

OP said he shot 4 shots quickly one after the other, however, Capt Mangena said he believed there was a gap between the first and second bullet.

OP says leaving bedroom on his stumps with Reeva to safety was not an option because walking on tiles is difficult, yet he walked on tiles to kill intruder.

OP says he couldn't think while going to kill intruder but he admitted he didn't shoot a warning shot into the shower because the ricochet could harm himself.

OP shot blindly yet all four shots hit the door in close proximity.

OP shot in panic mode yet shot 4 times, didn't empty gun, or just shoot once. So he wasn't in panic mode. If he kept gun with bullets for more intruders, he left Reeva unsafe.

OP does not like the police yet tells Reeva on two occasions to call the police.

After the shooting, he sneaks back into bedroom to find Reeva, doing so in complete darkness with cocked gun in case of more intruders, then dawns on him it was probably Reeva in toilet.
If he thought there were more intruders, why did he leave Reeva alone in the bedroom with supposed intruders?

OP claims Reeva was dead, then she was alive.

OP claims Netcare told him to take Reeva in car to hospital, this is not their policy or any emergency service policy.

OP never demonstrated that he could scream like a woman.

How much of OP's story fits, or does not fit, the physical evidence?

Reeva's slippers on the left yet she slept on the right.(for this night only)

Blood trail on carpet in bedroom leads onto the duvet which OP claims was on bed.

Curtains were open yet supposedly was closed by OP and stayed close when he searched room.

Reeva stomach contents, she ate at around 1am, OP says both went to sleep at 10pm.

OP doesn't know whether Reeva could use alarm remote or not.

How much of OP's story matches, or doesn't match, witness testimony?

Ear witness heard argument, OP says they went to bed at 10 pm, no argument.

Ear witness heard first shot, then a gap before the 3 final shots which contradicts OP's claims he shot in a panic mode 4 times in succession.

Ear witnesses heard screaming of a woman before gunshots, OP says all screaming was done by him.

Discrepancy between time of gun shots heard by ear witnesses and claims by OP.

How much evidence has OP presented that supports his life was threatened?

There is absolutely no evidence that supports that OP's life was threatened.

MOO.

Why can't people just post their theories? Just saying, 'because he said so' just gets mundane after awhile, but I suppose even someone saying that shouldn't be shot down. :truce:

It's best not to take disagreements personally, I've been on a forum where I was the only one in disagreement against about a dozen others, I got shot down left, right and centre. haha No skin off my nose. :)

I'm an atheist. And "extremist" is a subjective term. So I don't fit the religious mold, and I'm open to the prospect of guilt or innocence (even though almost no one else here appears to be) so I don't fit the extremist mold either. And yet there's ZERO respect for my opinions...beginning in three, two, one...lol

I don't think I've had the pleasure of reading your opinion. Please share. :)

I have. The answer is that whilst people may have started out giving OP the benefit of the doubt, the evidence presented has led people to realise that he has been economical with the truth.......

Why can't people just post their theories? Just saying, 'because he said so' just gets mundane after awhile, but I suppose even someone saying that shouldn't be shot down. :truce:

It's best not to take disagreements personally, I've been on a forum where I was the only one in disagreement against about a dozen others, I got shot down left, right and centre. haha No skin off my nose. :)

I don't think I've had the pleasure of reading your opinion. Please share. :)

Some other time, maybe. It's quite late here and I'm not willing to think very hard right at the moment. :) In general, though, I'd say my opinion is that I still don't feel like I know what happened and I have questions about the evidence that go to both sides of the story. Another thought is that I tend to see the applicable law as potentially more favorable to the defense than some/most other posters do.

Prime.....If all you are hearing is "because he said so" you are, with all due respect, not hearing what posters' objections/questions/doubts are about the " evidence. "

I agree as I also noticed how op seemed to include his religion upon the court when explaining his after the events anguish.. I have no doubt that inclusion was for the judges benefit
As if some how he would be presented in a better light..
Let's not forget eye for an eye... My lady!!

This is a close up of an earlier shot on this thread. I wondered what was being handed to, or shared with, OP. Would I be right in thinking this is a very large crucifix? Not really the time and the place and why so large? Who were they trying to impress?

Attachments

• OP and A.jpg
    OP and A.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 46
If all you are hearing is "because he said so" you are, with all due respect, not hearing what posters' objections/questions/doubts are about the " evidence. "

I'm still repeating myself, that's the nature of a forum. I know Carmelita's stance was basically about OP's emotional state. It's a shame she's not posting.
I don't pretend to know the truth, I'm going by the 'reasonably possibly true' which I don't believe OP's version is. He's taking the political road, the countries struggles, which I think is a cop out.

My own history, which I am sure the judge and her accessors will use their own history as a guide -

I've had my car stolen, I had another car broken into at a train station, another car broken into in my garage. I've lost both my parents as a small child, I've had items from my house stolen, I've been in an abusive relationship, I sleep with a baseball bat under my bed.
I wouldn't have the audacity to kill a loved member of my family and blame my fear of intruders.

moo

I'm still repeating myself, that's the nature of a forum. I know Carmelita's stance was basically about OP's emotional state. It's a shame she's not posting.
I don't pretend to know the truth, I'm going by the 'reasonably possibly true' which I don't believe OP's version is. He's taking the political road, the countries struggles, which I think is a cop out.

My own history, which I am sure the judge and her accessors will use their own history as a guide -

I've had my car stolen, I had another car broken into at a train station, another car broken into in my garage. I've lost both my parents as a small child, I've had items from my house stolen, I've been in an abusive relationship, I sleep with a baseball bat under my bed.
I wouldn't have the audacity to kill a loved member of my family and blame my fear of intruders.

moo

I hesitate to speak for Carmelita...but no, its inaccurate to say her posts or her opinions were solely or even largely about OP's "emotional" state.

Also, many WS's have first hand experience with crimes. BUT.....What we feel and how we think we would react or what we think we would do in any given circumstance is never the point.

None of us are the defendant, none of us have all the facts, none of us are in the courtroom, none of us know either the victim or the defendant, and none of us are charged with determining anyone's guilt or innocence.

I hesitate to speak for Carmelita...but no, its inaccurate to say her posts or her opinions were solely or even largely about OP's "emotional" state.

Also, many WS's have first hand experience with crimes. BUT.....What we feel and how we think we would react or what we think we would do in any given circumstance is never the point.

None of us are the defendant, none of us have all the facts, none of us are in the courtroom, none of us know either the victim or the defendant, and none of us are charged with determining anyone's guilt or innocence.

That's right, we're just giving our own theories. No harm done. :)

moo

BBM: ...nor likely be indignant and "fail to understand" why you are being charged with murder, expect to be treated special and have your bail restrictions lifted, call two witnesses to your gun fixation liars, claim that a woman's blood curdling screams for her life were actually you screaming...et cetera. :rolleyes:

BBM: ...nor likely be indignant and "fail to understand" why you are being charged with murder, expect to be treated special and have your bail restrictions lifted, call two witnesses to your gun fixation liars, claim that a woman's blood curdling screams for her life were actually you screaming...et cetera. :rolleyes:

Yes, this is probably the most aggravating trait of OP, as much as I am not him, imo, being part of the human race, we would feel accountable for doing such a horrible thing.
OP behaves for some reason, like he's done some little booboo, says sorry, now lets forget about it. I can hear the frustration in Nel's voice as this became clear to him also. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB