Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #64 ~ the appeal~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"For the men in his family, guns and dangerous accidents were a frequent theme. His brother, Carl, is facing a charge of culpable homicide for a car accident in which a woman on a motorcycle was killed. His father, Henke, once shot himself in the groin by accident while cleaning his pistol, according to a South African newspaper"

Looks like recklessness rather than murdering runs in the family.

That is depending on the temper, the weapon and the way with woman, whether there is recklessness or murder ...
Men in that family are different like men in any other family. What they share in common maybe, they are all never to blame for anything (except Henke perhaps).

"For the men in his family, guns and dangerous accidents were a frequent theme. His brother, Carl, is facing a charge of culpable homicide for a car accident in which a woman on a motorcycle was killed. His father, Henke, once shot himself in the groin by accident while cleaning his pistol, according to a South African newspaper"

.....exactly....there is no evidence that he intended to kill her....why bother to break the door open with the bat and then shoot her afterwards, there's no sense to it.....

Oscar's cell raided in Krejcir mob drama

Oscar Pistorius has been drawn into a top-level police probe into mobster Radovan Krejcir's prison-cell dealings with the criminal underworld.

On June 25, at 4.30am, prison officials stormed the cells of Pistorius, Krejcir and two of his co-accused in a murder case. They confiscated six memory sticks, a memory card, three sim cards, an iPhone and four other cellphones. A hard drive with unspecified content was taken from Pistorius's cell in the hospital wing of the prison. Although nothing incriminating has yet been found on the hard drive, the development is potentially bad news for Pistorius, whose parole will be reconsidered next month.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/sundaytimes/stnews/2015/08/30/Oscars-cell-raided-in-Krejcir-mob-drama

Oscar Pistorius has been drawn into a top-level police probe into mobster Radovan Krejcir's prison-cell dealings with the criminal underworld.

On June 25, at 4.30am, prison officials stormed the cells of Pistorius, Krejcir and two of his co-accused in a murder case. They confiscated six memory sticks, a memory card, three sim cards, an iPhone and four other cellphones. A hard drive with unspecified content was taken from Pistorius's cell in the hospital wing of the prison. Although nothing incriminating has yet been found on the hard drive, the development is potentially bad news for Pistorius, whose parole will be reconsidered next month.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/sundaytimes/stnews/2015/08/30/Oscars-cell-raided-in-Krejcir-mob-drama

Thank you Mr Fossil. This is behind a pay wall for me but I have a link to an open source, shown below. Quite interesting, FIVE cellphones but doesn't say to whom they belong and a computer that obviously does belong to OP. I do wonder whether the iPhone was his. Do all prisoners get those facilities? So much for not being treated differently.

EDIT. THE LINK I POSTED DID NOT WORK. MR FOSSIL HAS KINDLY POSTED ONE UPTHREAD THAT DOES.

"They confiscated six memory sticks, a memory card, three simcards, an iPhone and four other cellphones. A hard drive with unspecifiedcontent was taken from Pistorius’s cell in the hospital wing of the prison.

Although nothing incriminating has yet been found on the harddrive, the development is potentially bad news for Pistorius, whose parole willbe reconsidered next month."

I can hear it now..."The hard drive wasn't mine, My Lady. I was just looking after it. My lawyer said it was fine"

If there are memory sticks I assume they had access to computers. I didn't think this was allowed, officially. Phones likewise.

Thank you Mr Fossil. This is behind a pay wall for me but I have a link to an open source, shown below. Quite interesting, FIVE cellphones but doesn't say to whom they belong and a computer that obviously does belong to OP. I do wonder whether the iPhone was his. Do all prisoners get those facilities? So much for not being treated differently.

http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx

"They confiscated six memory sticks, a memory card, three sim cards, an iPhone and four other cellphones. A hard drive with unspecified content was taken from Pistorius’s cell in the hospital wing of the prison.

Although nothing incriminating has yet been found on the harddrive, the development is potentially bad news for Pistorius, whose parole will be reconsidered next month."

Here's a link straight to the full article, using the link you give:

http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdi...Ygs7qHxQGA==&issue=11072015083000000000001001

For what it's worth, I've always suspected he has access to a mobile phone, even if he doesn't keep it in his own cell. Only because, when the football photos leaked, it was clear from the press reports and the "phone purge" at the prison afterwards, other less wealthy prisoners clearly managed to hide them.

After the trial one of the P family said they had set up a private WhatsApp group to communicate within the family circle, and we know that OP was as much a phone addict as a gun addict - ie. 2 things he always had on him.

So I wonder what was on that hard drive? And how many "points" it counts for as an infringement - . ie if it can count against his "good behaviour" record in the Set 18th release review. Hope it does count- need to keep things simple, keep him inside until Appeal decision.

( Haven't been able to open the link to read it. )

Since when does murder run in anyone's family? Stupidity does though, certainly.

Henke wasn't reckless, he was careless with his gun and shot himself in his testicals, it could have been much worse! I'm a "glass half full" type of person, but it was a stupid thing to do.

What can be said about Carl causing the death of a female motorist is carelessness as well. He was tried and acquitted so the court found him not at fault for the accident and therefore he was not shown to be reckless. But as we know Carl went out and crashed again, nearly killed himself that time; safe to say that was a stupid thing to do.

Osca though, even the former social worker now judge with a bleeding heart found him guilty. Masipa should have used the word stupid somewhere in her sentencing!

What the Pistorius men that you name share in common is an ingrained, if misled, belief that life in South Africa is one that still exercises white privilege over the masses, grievances of having lost political and economic power to what they believe to be an inferior race, and their own belief that their family, because of money and race, inherited privilige above any law.

Since when does murder run in anyone's family? Stupidity does though, certainly.
But as we know Carl went out and crashed again, nearly killed himself that time; safe to say that was a stupid thing to do.

What the Pistorius men that you name share in common is an ingrained, if misled, belief that life in South Africa is one that still exercises white privilege over the masses, grievances of having lost political and economic power to what they believe to be an inferior race, and their own belief that their family, because of money and race, inherited privilige above any law.

RSBM
BIB- spot on. A certain bitterness at their perceived loss in the new SA has come across loud and clear.

Plus, what Carl and Oscar seem to share is that infantile boy-man behaviour. Carl has an alter-ego,if i recollect it's the "Hulk" or something and tweets about oreos and milk at bedtime. Aimee is a "princess". Urgh

....so that makes him a murderer does it, sounds a bit old hat ! .......recklessness/carelessness/stupidity (take your pick) it may well of been, but there's still nothing to back up murder even less if he had been using the bat to try to enter the WC........ the only way forward is to stick murder on him and let him appeal that, hopefully the truth will come out.... the shooting was for the door and not to murder.....

RSBM
BIB- spot on. A certain bitterness at their perceived loss in the new SA has come across loud and clear.

Plus, what Carl and Oscar seem to share is that infantile boy-man behaviour. Carl has an alter-ego,if i recollect it's the "Hulk" or something and tweets about oreos and milk at bedtime. Aimee is a "princess". Urgh

Its a very strange family. I'm surprised they haven't been offered a TV deal as a reality "freaky family" show.

I hate looking at Carl's twitter feed, it is consistently boring and repetitive. But is he refusing to shave his beard until OP gets out? Tacky, as if protesting some wrong done to his brother, or that his brother is a hostage or something. But to be expected of a Pistorian. He may have that thing reaching his toes before this is all said and done with.

Was the decision to prematurely consider his parole before or after June 25th?

....so that makes him a murderer does it, sounds a bit old hat ! .......recklessness/carelessness/stupidity (take your pick) it may well of been, but there's still nothing to back up murder even less if he had been using the bat to try to enter the WC........ the only way forward is to stick murder on him and let him appeal that, hopefully the truth will come out.... the shooting was for the door and not to murder.....

This has all been discussed ad nausium. He used the bat to terrorize Reeva at 3:00 banging on the door to threaten her, to try to make her come out. At 3:16 he used the gun to murder her. After running around, making a few calls, etc... he used the tip of the bat to help pry off the panels.

He was not shooting a door, anyone with an objective mind knows that he was shooting at whomever was on the other side of the door. He was knowingly shooting Reeva, but the State isn't pursuing premeditation in its appeal, they are pursuing murder, which in this case would be any human on the other side of the door. Reeva or an intruder, it is still murder.

Take the time to read the State's Appeal HOA!

Was the decision to prematurely consider his parole before or after June 25th?

Before. Woot woot! Good call Mr. Minister.

OPs defense to the contraband: "I was just holding it for my friend, my attorney told me that was lawful, just like me stashing my father's ammo was, just ask Judge Masipa. I didn't do anything wrong!"

This has all been discussed ad nausium. He used the bat to terrorize Reeva at 3:00 banging on the door to threaten her, to try to make her come out. At 3:16 he used the gun to murder her. After running around, making a few calls, etc... he used the tip of the bat to help pry off the panels.

He was not shooting a door, anyone with an objective mind knows that he was shooting at whomever was on the other side of the door. He was knowingly shooting Reeva, but the State isn't pursuing premeditation in its appeal, they are pursuing murder, which in this case would be any human on the other side of the door. Reeva or an intruder, it is still murder.

.......just because the state are persuing him for murder doesn't make it a fact.......i am of the point of view that with murder there has to be an element intentional......for the time being (ad nausium) there is no evidence to support murder and if anything there is more to support shooting at the door with the idea of entering the WC......the state really have nothing to work with ....

snipped

for the time being (ad nausium) there is no evidence to support murder and if anything there is more to support shooting at the door with the idea of entering the WC

Um, FYI Oscar never said anything like that.

.......just because the state are persuing him for murder doesn't make it a fact.......i am of the point of view that with murder there has to be an element intentional......for the time being (ad nausium) there is no evidence to support murder and if anything there is more to support shooting at the door with the idea of entering the WC......the state really have nothing to work with ....

"Shooting at the door with the idea of entering the WC" - are you serious?

Like many defence versions presented during the trial, this is yet another. Like all the defence versions, it has many holes. For example, the biggest problem I find with this version is, as Viper points out, that even Oscar does not support this version!

He was not shooting a door, anyone with an objective mind knows that he was shooting at whomever was on the other side of the door.
He was knowingly shooting Reeva, but the State isn't pursuing premeditation in its appeal, they are pursuing murder, which in this case would be any human on the other side of the door. Reeva or an intruder, it is still murder.

BIB - he shot to 'nullify' the threat and chose ammunition especially designed to cause maximum tissue damage. OP knew exactly what the bullets were capable of (watermelon, anyone?) therefore he sure as hell wasn't planning to gently graze the intruder into submission.

Um, FYI Oscar never said anything like that.

But you don't agree with what Oscar said DID happen, so why would that be an issue? I don't agree with Colin about what happened, but his suggestion is still valid and worthy of consideration. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01