Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #64 ~ the appeal~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretoria - Journalists camping outside the house of Oscar Pistorius's uncle were told by an unknown woman he would not be released soon.

A man who looks similar to one of those who were seen protecting Pistorius during the trial arrived at his uncle Arnold's house in Pretoria on Friday afternoon.

The man went into the house and then was picked up by a woman outside the home.

A small media contingent stood outside the house.

As the woman reversed the car out of the driveway she spoke to journalists "Hy kom mos nie nou uit nie [he is not coming out now]," she said in Afrikaans. When a journalist said, "We don't know", she responded: "Ons weet [we know]". She then left the premises.

An announcement by the Parole Review Board was expected on Friday re his possible release from prison under correctional supervision.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Oscar-not-coming-out-now-media-told-by-unknown-woman-20150918

Just in:

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan · 3m3 minutes ago
Parole review board can take 4 months to finalize hearing of parole review - must make decision within "appropriate time" #OscarPistorius

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan
Records reveal #OscarPistorius given conditions of correctional supervision on 12 August. Officials told OP to get his belongings ready.

Up to now, Minister Masutha hasn't attacked the merits of #OscarPistorius parole - only time it was granted.

Records further show that #OscarPistorius was summoned to appear before parole board - he didn't ask for heating.

Parole review board can take 4 months to finalize hearing of parole review - must make decision within "appropriate time" #OscarPistorius

Paralympic star turned killer Oscar Pistorius is a "frail, gaunt and broken" man, a close pal has revealed.

His friend, Mike Azzie, claimed he’s "living a nightmare" in prison after he was caged for shooting dead his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

In an interview Mr Azzie revealed how he barely recognised his friend after visiting him in prison one time. He said, "He was very frail. He was far more subdued, very quiet and humble."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-is-frail-broken-6469430

Mike Azzie was tasked with selling OP’s racehorses to raise money to pay for spiralling legal fees.

He certainly didn’t look frail or gaunt when he was playing footy in prison with Radovan Krejcir who has been convicted of attempted murder and kidnapping.

Paralympic star turned killer Oscar Pistorius is a "frail, gaunt and broken" man, a close pal has revealed.

His friend, Mike Azzie, claimed he’s "living a nightmare" in prison after he was caged for shooting dead his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

In an interview Mr Azzie revealed how he barely recognised his friend after visiting him in prison one time. He said, "He was very frail. He was far more subdued, very quiet and humble."

RSBM
Yes JJ, I think anyone could infer a range of things from this prison meeting which occurred 14.02.15 and was recounted by Azzie to the Australian newspaper, as opposed to an SA paper, only last week.

Additionally it struck me as coincidental that as I recollect, the re-enactment video was leaked in Australia, yet 'legally obtained" in their words by Aus. Channel 7.

Here's orig link to that sept 12th article:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-reeva-steenkamp/story-fntzoymf-1227524018577

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-is-frail-broken-6469430

Mike Azzie was tasked with selling OP’s racehorses to raise money to pay for spiralling legal fees.

He certainly didn’t look frail or gaunt when he was playing footy in prison
with Radovan Krejcir who has been convicted of attempted murder and kidnapping.

BIB - I don't think the quality of the footage was good enough to be able to tell anything for sure about his physical state.

BIB - I don't think the quality of the footage was good enough to be able to tell anything for sure about his physical state.
Frail people don't tend to play football as they don't have the energy. You don't need top quality footage of the incident to understand the term 'frail'.

BIB: Absolutely. How can anyone compare seeing someone in person with watching them in a badly focussed one and a half minute video taken from afar on a mobile phone less still observing stills from the same. The two observations are just not comparable.

Don't know if it's yet been posted but here link to the defence's HOAs as posted on juror13's site.

Frail people don't tend to play football as they don't have the energy. You don't need top quality footage of the incident to understand the term 'frail'.

Please stop making sense, its offensive to some.

Oh well, today came and went. So it is a 4 month wait for the parole board's decision then. Waiting until after the new SCA sentence of 15-25 years for murder. The minister that disrupted this fiasco is a true badass, awesome!

:party:

Perhaps not. But then maybe it's all comparative.
I still don't think the footage is enough to show much about his physical state. Or his mental /emotional state for that matter - perhaps that was what his friend was referring to, as it links to the description of being ' subdued ' and ' broken '.

Oh well, today came and went. So it is a 4 month wait for the parole board's decision then. Waiting until after the new SCA sentence of 15-25 years for murder. The minister that disrupted this fiasco is a true badass, awesome!

Best news I heard all day. :skip: :skip: :balloons:

Far more recent account of OP's general demeanour from 20th August 2015: my post on page 3 from that day's CNN broadcast.( link is back on page 3 with the video)

Today's CNN- sounds like he's fairly comfortable in there!! So he can weather circa 4 more months...........

"Like all inmates in South Africa's prison system, Pistorius was able to air his complaints to members of an independent inspection arm of correctional services, giving a fascinating insight into his life behind bars.
Two of those officers, Violet Ngobeni and Boitumelo Morake, met with Pistorius multiple times.

"When he arrived he was angry," said Ngobeni outside Kgosi Mampuru II prison. "The first time I went to see him he was like 'I don't want to talk to anyone.'

they say he initially struggled to adapt to prison life, where he had to spend 23 hours a day in his cell. But they say he's since changed dramatically.

"Now he can sit down and discuss and laugh at the same time," Ngobeni said.

During their time with Pistorius, he shared his complaints.

"He complained that he wanted a bath. They [correctional services) built a bath in his cell. He also had a complaint about his bed. And they replaced his bed for him," says Murasiet Mentoor, the regional manager of the Judicial Inspectorate, who reviews hundreds of written prisoner complaints.

Mentoor says Pistorius complained about his gym equipment, so they changed that, too.

Mentoor said prison officials offered to let Pistorius cook the raw produce, but he preferred to only buy processed food from the prison store.
Ngobeni and Morake say they last visited Pistorius a few days ago, when he thought he was about to be released into corrective supervision at his uncle's house in an affluent Pretoria suburb.

Ngobeni said: "He just talked about "I miss my family, I need to spend more time with my family, just to go out and see my friends."
Last sentence - maybe just a slip of the tongue, re. OP's interpretation of house arrest ?

Depends on who you want to believe doesn't it as opposed to weighing the interests of the individuals commenting- these prison guards seem to have given a non-emotive/ undramatic, fairly balanced account of him over time.....maybe if they had made up something more sensational than this they could have got paid more for their accounts.

Of course OP was not going to say to Mike Azzie on Feb 14th 2015 : "Hey Mike it's Valentine's Day,let's go kick a ball around in the yard" etc. or "Wow Mike, I'm feeling really great today."

Then again, if you're really desperate to maintain your stance, you could say to yourself that today,on 19th Sept, OP is "feeling gaunt" this morning.

No,surely not. I blame it on those Pesky Pistorian Apologists - they ought to have tried harder and collected more petition signatures.

Far more recent account of OP's general demeanour from 20th August 2015: my post on page 3 from that day's CNN broadcast.( link is back on page 3 with the video)

Depends on who you want to believe doesn't it as opposed to weighing the interests of the individuals commenting- these prison guards seem to have given a non-emotive/ undramatic, fairly balanced account of him over time.....maybe if they had made up something more sensational than this they could have got paid more for their accounts.

Of course OP was not going to say to Mike Azzie on Feb 14th 2015 : "Hey Mike it's Valentine's Day,let's go kick a ball around in the yard" etc. or "Wow Mike, I'm feeling really great today."

Then again, if you're really desperate to maintain your stance, you could say to yourself that today,on 19th Sept, OP is "feeling gaunt" this morning.

BIB 1- it certainly does. The same goes for how someone might 'read' the grainy footage of him paying football for a few moments: I am not the one one saying he is ' frail ' ' gaunt ' ' broken' etc. I am simply saying that you can't say with certainty that he isn't based on that footage.

BIB 2- you could, yes. But you could just as easily say to yourself ' the fact I saw a short bit of footage of him playing football a few months ago proves he is still emotionally and physically unaffected by being in prison this morning', (if you were indeed desperate to maintain your stance)

Perhaps not. But then maybe it's all comparative.
I still don't think the footage is enough to show much about his physical state. Or his mental /emotional state for that matter - perhaps that was what his friend was referring to, as it links to the description of being ' subdued ' and ' broken '.

OP will have to fake his mental state for a very long time in front of his friends to make them believe, he is 100% innocent and not a murderer of his girlfriend Reeva. He has to show brokeness from time to time, otherwise also his last remaining friends will see through his lies and will get lost perhaps. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay