Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #67 *Appeal Verdict*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Leach sentence I loved, which spoke volumes....."There were inherent improbabilities in his version, SOME of which were mentioned by the trial court in it's judgement".

OT: Has anyone "seen" or "heard from" Zwiebel? I am concerned as I haven't seen her on any of the threads recently. IIRC, the last time she posted was right before the Paris bombings. I just want to make sure she is ok. TIA.

Another Leach sentence I loved, which spoke volumes....."There were inherent improbabilities in his version, SOME of which were mentioned by the trial court in it's judgement".
I also liked this one:

"There regrettably does appear to have been … ‘an absence of appreciation of material evidence’.”

OT: Has anyone "seen" or "heard from" Zwiebel? I am concerned as I haven't seen her on any of the threads recently. IIRC, the last time she posted was right before the Paris bombings. I just want to make sure she is ok. TIA.
No. I think we all expected her to be here with breakfast pics. Have you tried PM'ing her?

This was the best one:

‘Guilty of murder with the accused having had criminal intent in the form of dolus eventualis’.

CVTvY5jUkAAgKIf.png:large

Appreciate this post Mr Fossil.
Such 'justice affirming' words from Judge Greenland who speaks for many of us. Solemn exaltation. Justice is seen to be done. :clap:

So pleased with this mornings outcome, long time coming, we may never get the real truth of that night but at least when all is said and done Oscar will never ever escape the tag placed on his head today, MURDERER.
It really is a shame we had such an incompetent judge in the first place, even given today's events Oscar still got lucky with Masipa.

And on Leach, wow what a legal mind this guy has, he must be pretty inspiring for young South Africans thinking of taking up law.

Some faith in the world restored.

I wonder how Roux is feeling? He certainly can't feel hard done by - he was very very lucky to initially have Masipa with her particular combination of empathy and ineptitude and he showed tremendous skill in presenting OP's case to her. I doubt there'd have been the snotty, retching bucket antics with Leach at the helm.

I don't think the verdict hats his reputation at all, OP nearly got away with murder. And, if nothing else, he must now be pretty rich.

I wonder how Roux is feeling? He certainly can't feel hard done by - he was very very lucky to initially have Masipa with her particular combination of empathy and ineptitude and he showed tremendous skill in presenting OP's case to her. I doubt there'd have been the snotty, retching bucket antics with Leach at the helm.

I don't think the verdict hats his reputation at all, OP nearly got away with murder. And, if nothing else, he must now be pretty rich.

An earlier tweet:

Aislinn Laing @Simmoa
Pistorius barrister Barry Roux has switched phone off, first time I've known him to. Can't blame him - a rare low point for him in this case

This case has bothered me on and off. I could see both sides.. And then this morning when I saw the actual rooms it happened in, It was like a light bulb.. He killed her. He meant to kill who ever was on the other side of the door.

So I think it is the correct ruling. I wonder how much time he will get?

An earlier tweet:

Aislinn Laing @Simmoa
Pistorius barrister Barry Roux has switched phone off, first time I've known him to. Can't blame him - a rare low point for him in this case

I thought he would have better prepared himself. We did overhear him making a statement to Nel about himself losing the appeal. I never thought he was that great of a lawyer - heck, Masipa probably would have handed down the same sentence if Oscar had represented himself. They both got lucky with Masipa.

I think he'll be feeling pretty dejected. Even though the writing was on the wall, I'm sure he still held onto that little grain of hope that the verdict for which he fought so hard would be allowed to stand.

I think he'll be feeling pretty dejected. Even though the writing was on the wall, I'm sure he still held onto that little grain of hope that the verdict for which he fought so hard would be allowed to stand.

No lawyer wants to lose - especially a case of this magnitude. In fairness, to Roux tho, he didn't have much to work with. My guess is that he was shocked with Masipa's verdict. He kinda threw his hands in the air after the appeal.

No lawyer wants to lose - especially a case of this magnitude. In fairness, to Roux tho, he didn't have much to work with. My guess is that he was shocked with Masipa's verdict. He kinda threw his hands in the air after the appeal.

Just the client from hell. :banghead:

Yes, she last posted the night before the Paris bombings. Now I am very worried. She was such an avid sleuther.

What can the prosecution really do?

The evidence was destroyed - but not by the accused.

There is no way to bring that into the trial

As far as SAPs go - i don't get it at all.

Back home, destroying key crime scene evidence from a murder trial would be considered outrageous!

Wasn't the phone "evidence" dropped by agreement with Nel if Roux agreed not to call Botha? I know a number of pages were pulled from the file as no longer relevant. Although there was nothing to find on the phone because it had been wiped it would have looked very bad for OP if his brother had taken evidence from the murder scene. I think also the NPA dropped the case against CP who was on the point of being arrested. Or did I dream all this?

Yes, she last posted the night before the Paris bombings. Now I am very worried. She was such an avid sleuther.

I am gonna pm Tricia. I am now very concerned as she would seem to normally be all over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper