Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #67 *Appeal Verdict*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....unless of course everyone's got it wrong and Pistorius comes out with the truth possibly for mitigating reasons......let's see how things play out .....

I take it you're just playing devil's advocate? Otherwise I don't understand your confusion at OP shooting into a small cubicle while knowing a person was in there and rightfully being found guilty of murdering this person he shot 4 bullets into.

I persoanlly believe he's getting off very easy as I think there was a fight, she did take refuge from him in that toilet closet and he followed with his gun and killed her intentionally. I think there's plenty of evidence that this scenario is true and none for his version(s).

I take it you're just playing devil's advocate? Otherwise I don't understand your confusion at OP shooting into a small cubicle while knowing a person was in there and rightfully being found guilty of murdering this person he shot 4 bullets into.

I persoanlly believe he's getting off very easy as I think there was a fight, she did take refuge from him in that toilet closet and he followed with his gun and killed her intentionally. I think there's plenty of evidence that this scenario is true and none for his version(s).

I'm just waiting for the accusations that RS was the intruder/burglar.... though so far the only evidence of theft has been by OP's own siblings(removal of crime scene evidence, RS's purse, who knows what else). Maybe OP's sis will come forward claiming to have found some of OP's stuff in RS's stolen purse... :facepalm:

I'm just waiting for the accusations that RS was the intruder/burglar.... though so far the only evidence of theft has been by OP's own siblings(removal of crime scene evidence, RS's purse, who knows what else). Maybe OP's sis will come forward claiming to have found some of OP's stuff in RS's stolen purse... :facepalm:

LOL Nothing would surprise at this point.

...no not devils advocate.....i don't think we know what happened and for him to go down possibly for a long time it would be preferable to at least know why.....

It's crazy. He's more likely to do a runner now than ever. His friend thinks OP could be suicidal and OP really can't stand the thought of going back to prison. So why wouldn't he just flee while he still has the chance? He doesn't strike me as someone with a conscience and neither does his family.

I just want to see him treated like a regular murderer. This is just nuts. He's convicted of manslaughter, gets pampered in prison for 1 yr and now he's living in luxury with mansion arrest. . The conviction is correctly overturned and now he can apply for bail to be out waiting for the sentencing. As a murderer, he should be in jail, awaiting the bail hearing imo.
So what's next? He gets the minimum of 15 yrs but then, maybe, he's out in 3?
This sucks but at least he'll be referred to as a murderer for the rest of his life and hopefully, he'll have to suffer the karma.

....unless of course everyone's got it wrong and Pistorius comes out with the truth possibly for mitigating reasons......let's see how things play out .....

What truth? That he knew that Reeva was behind the door? That there was a row before she fled into the bathroom and he shot her dead?
I doubt he will ever admit to any of this - why would he? And if he does admit to any of the above, why would he try to make a stink about going back to prison? He would be admitting guilt to murder in the first degree!

Re the OT about the ads:

Let's see, Huggies, Unicef, Bose, Kit Ace, Vichy, Cisco/Webex, then the facebook/twitter like links for Websleuths, True Crime Radio, and the latest header for the MASS SHOOTING IN CALIFORNIA where I used to always get yet another ad. But yes, the page often times out waiting for them all to load and I have to refresh, or just give up and log out for awhile.

LA Times article:

Snip

"The arrest warrant, reported in local media, means Pistorius may be forced to spend his second Christmas in prison."

Snip

"“We are trying to arrange with the Pretoria High Court that he can appear before court, where the matter will be formally postponed for sentencing. We are trying to do this as a matter of extreme urgency,” National Prosecuting Authority spokesman Luvuyo Mfaku told local media Friday."

http://www.latimes.com/world/africa...-pistorius-arrest-warrant-20151204-story.html

What truth? That he knew that Reeva was behind the door? That there was a row before she fled into the bathroom and he shot her dead?
I doubt he will ever admit to any of this - why would he? And if he does admit to any of the above, why would he try to make a stink about going back to prison? He would be admitting guilt to murder in the first degree!
...hasn't he got ten days in which to appeal......let's see if he does...

Let's see, Huggies, Unicef, Bose, Kit Ace, Vichy, Cisco/Webex, then the facebook/twitter like links for Websleuths, True Crime Radio, and the latest header for the MASS SHOOTING IN CALIFORNIA where I used to always get yet another ad. But yes, the page often times out waiting for them all to load and I have to refresh, or just give up and log out for awhile.

Sounds like you need some page ad blocking, Val.

Hi Geevee! Never did think there was any reliable evidence of any fight at all, much less one that would lead OP to killing Reeva in cold blood. Still don't.

Laws are different in SA as I came to learn. If he wasn't allowed to shoot through a closed door no matter what, even if he thought a burglar was hiding in there, and even if he feared for his life, and if shooting in those circumstances means he committed murder according to SA law, then he's a murderer.

Still very different than saying he meant to kill Reeva. Don't think that he did. In the most meaningful way that doesn't make the outcome any different, as he DID kill her.

Hi Geevee! Never did think there was any reliable evidence of any fight at all, much less one that would lead OP to killing Reeva in cold blood. Still don't.

Laws are different in SA as I came to learn. If he wasn't allowed to shoot through a closed door no matter what, even if he thought a burglar was hiding in there, and even if he feared for his life, and if shooting in those circumstances means he committed murder according to SA law, then he's a murderer.

Still very different than saying he meant to kill Reeva. Don't think that he did. In the most meaningful way that doesn't make the outcome any different, as he DID kill her.

...he could well of been violent to her and there could also of been a long dispute which makes going to intentionally kill her harder to accept due to the length of time involved....there has to be something else....

Which is something that only OP(the self-admitted killer), RS(the victim) and God(an entity that OP has been using to invoke public support since his arrest) knows for certain and two of them are unable to testify.

Therefore the only reasonable reliable context left is what evidence was left on scene(first hurdle), made it unscathed into court(second hurdle) and finally allowed by a sympathetic judge into evidence(third hurdle) could give us. So unless you expect OP to break and without reservation and truthfulness confess all, or some untampered with video of the whole event surfaces, then I think you're going to be disappointed.

Oscar will never confess. He's made it through life with his disability crutch but at the core, I believe he's a spoiled, self-centered, entitled and angry individual. All he has right now, is his family of enablers who apparently continue to support him.

...he could well of been violent to her and there could also of been a long dispute which makes going to intentionally kill her harder to accept due to the length of time involved....there has to be something else....

I guess for myself I never thought this case was particularly complicated. There didn't need to be anything else and I don't think there was.

From what I read about Reeva she was bright, well informed about DV- even an advocate for victims- and had enough self respect and gumption to tell OP when she didn't like how he treated her. She was there that night because she loved him, not because he forced her or guilted her to be there.

OP seems to have been a genuine disaster waiting to happen for a very long time. Had he been less celebrated it sounds like he would have faced consequences earlier on for reckless use of guns, in situations where he might well have injured or killed those around him. Had he been held accountable when he should have been, he would not have had a gun that night to shoot anyone. Reeva would be alive.

And had his "friends" or family demonstrated genuine concern for his well being they would have insisted that he get help for his mental and emotional instability.

Quick to paranoia, emotionally off balance, a sense of entitlement, living in a country in which fear of intruders is commonplace, AND access to guns and bullets of his choice. Bad combination, but not so much mysterious as inevitable that he'd end up harming someone.

I guess for myself I never thought this case was particularly complicated. There didn't need to be anything else and I don't think there was.

From what I read about Reeva she was bright, well informed about DV- even an advocate for victims- and had enough self respect and gumption to tell OP when she didn't like how he treated her. She was there that night because she loved him, not because he forced her or guilted her to be there.

OP seems to have been a genuine disaster waiting to happen for a very long time. Had he been less celebrated it sounds like he would have faced consequences earlier on for reckless use of guns, in situations where he might well have injured or killed those around him. Had he been held accountable when he should have been, he would not have had a gun that night to shoot anyone. Reeva would be alive.

And had his "friends" or family demonstrated genuine concern for his well being they would have insisted that he get help for his mental and emotional instability.

Quick to paranoia, emotionally off balance, a sense of entitlement, living in a country in which fear of intruders is commonplace, AND access to guns and bullets of his choice. Bad combination, but not so much mysterious as inevitable that he'd end up harming someone.

...i go along with that except killing someone in cold blood unarmed behind a door needs more than a domestic dispute......i'm sure there's something more.....

Sigh.

My ignore list is really starting to fill up

Cool. Are you an expert in comparative jurisprudence? I'd LOVE to pick your brain. What I find most fascinating is how cultural biases and worldviews in different countries shape their jurisprudence at every level and in many particulars. What's your speciality or interest?

Adding. My DH is an attorney in the US, but does civil litigation rather than criminal work. The differences between even those systems within the same country is quite remarkable.

...i go along with that except killing someone in cold blood unarmed behind a door needs more than a domestic dispute......i'm sure there's something more.....

Or not. Here in the US,for example, there is a very well known case in which a homeowner, hearing noises on the first floor of his house, walked half way down the stairs and shot repeatedly towards the noise, killing one of three underaged kids who had broken in to steal from him. The kids were unarmed. They didn't think he was home.

So....the homeowner wasn't charged with any crime at all, but two of the kids who had broken in were charged and convicted of murder. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper