Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #68 *Appeal Verdict*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the prosecution has conceded on per-meditation so I find it a bit disconcerting that the birds here seem to fully still embrace that he killed Reeva in cold blood.

If it's not per-meditiated murder then I must lean towards Oscar Pistorius believing that there was an intruder.

So I challenge you all to prove your case. So far you are only "flocking up" to use your analogy and attack anyone who has a different opinion or reminds you of the facts of the case.

I've explained previously. Like Tortoise, I won't humour your delusions and will answer according to what I know to be true. The prosecution haven't conceded the point at all except out of pragmatism. Nel believes it was DD. So, incidentally does Oscar and Roux. The difference between is Nel is forced into doing so by the vagaries of the legal framework he is bound by. Roux and Pistorius are acting out of greed and self preservation respectively.

Even the prosecution has conceded on per-meditation so I find it a bit disconcerting that the birds here seem to fully still embrace that he killed Reeva in cold blood.

If it's not per-meditiated murderthen I must lean towards Oscar Pistorius believing that there was an intruder.

So I challenge you all to prove your case. So far you are only "flocking up" to use your analogy and attack anyone who has a different opinion or reminds you of the facts of the case.

BIB: Pssst... Massive clue, written in big... It was premeditated murder :jail:

If it's not per-meditiated murderthen I must lean towards Oscar Pistorius believing that there was an intruder.

BIB: Pssst... Massive clue, written in big... It was premeditated murder :jail:

Perhaps some of us are not making as much use of the "ignore" button as we should.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am finding the attention-seeking nonsense that we keep having to plough through tiresome and boring.
The trouble with the ignore button is you can never escape the posts when someone else uses the 'reply with quote' feature.

Don't know why but Dionne Warwick suddenly sprang to mind

If you see me walking down the street

Walk on by, da da da da

Hi L2L,

I did attempt to answer this in the previous thread if you want to look back. I'm browsing this on my iPad at the moment so it's a chore to go back and reference it. If you can't find it I'll look again tomorrow when I have my PC to hand.

I have just watched it for the first time. Not sure if this is the correct answer to the original question but Nel said he only agreed to bail based on the conditions he argued for - eg. not leaving the house without permission.

Beyond that specific reason I have also read Opinions that speculate he is allowing bail so the Defence have nothing further to object about in the forthcoming appeal. ( Doesn't make sense to me. )

Personally I think he shouldn't have made any pre-agreement with the Defence to not oppose bail. I think this must have been pragmatic. As others have said, as the SCA did not stipulate he return to jail to await a sentence date, State may have thought he they may not successfully win this round.
Is this really about SAfrican post apartheid attitudes to bail and the inability to house their prison population or is it just because once he was out on house arrest it was going to be difficult to get him back in, especially because it's Oscar, he's a celebrity?
( Rather like today's bail judge used the precedent of his previous compliance with restrictions to "prove" he would not be heading to the airport - he didn't flee before so he has proved he won't check out now even though this is illogical as the circumstances are different.)
Sorry if those answers are of no help L2L - can't find your original post.

(If you asked me last week I would have said/did say, bail will not be granted by the judge as this is a murder conviction, the only risk is a Defence appeal will be submitted the same day, thereby yielding a chance of bail as per Mannie Witz's guess 6 months ago. So I was wrong on both counts.)

Also I was wrong in that OP actually looked very healthy, very together. Not scrawny, nor overweight due to his prison tinned tucker and his voluntary segregation from his "brothers" ( as he calls them) on the Kgosi ward. Nor did he look medicated at all, from the facial responses and the predictable look he always gives a Judge when they are addressing him- deferential, schoolboyish, almost eager. Rest of the time he displayed flashes of defiance, mocking etc. NO change in him whatsoever in the 11 months inside. ( Would rec. that he needs a new psychotherapist in there as he isn't making a lot of progress.) :)

Yuck to read on J13 that in his recent interview he " rested his head on his Aunty's shoulder" bemoaning his situation, almost as if he "had lost a puppy".

Its just like the first bail and then the whittling away of restrictions. NPA & Defence agree to terms, deal is undermined once they get in there.
There was no victory as such for Roux, but he got his 7am -12 pm because of odd reasons based on this judge, more work to check up on him. Don't want to disadvantage Johnson's Xmas hols so she won't need to be informed (even when it was her side's choice) and a silly reason for me as this runs Dec - April, not just in relation to Xmas hols.

Anyway over - long post so I won't add more. Even my OH, who has zero interest in this matter, overheard judge's ref to "the accused" and was mind-boggled with that. Don't get me started on judge not wanting to use the word murder and also reading out the mobile number.....

The trouble with the ignore button is you can never escape the posts when someone else uses the 'reply with quote' feature.

Thank you for pointing that out. Sensible suggestion.
Personally I don't use the ignore button, just cause you never know, someone might surprise me!!! Hasn't happened yet. Only one was "reasonable" for me and that one hasn't posted here for months.

As per that excellent post by Col.Mustard, IMO the repetition and quantity of errors gets very wearing, side tracks the discussion, wastes time and is so very rarely informative, doesn't sharpen debate-the opposite. It's almost like someone asking me endless questions on a long running series when I am actually watching the finale of Season 7. I would reasonably answer - you need to go and watch seasons 1-6 first. :bang:

Don't know why but Dionne Warwick suddenly sprang to mind

If you see me walking down the street

Walk on by, da da da da

Now, look what you did. I'm going to be singing that to myself all day.

ps. LOVE Dionne Warwick ... and Burt Bacarak!

Interesting too that these "provocateurs" have a tendency to use similar grammar, sentence construction and syntax.

Not to mention a complete lack of cognitive reasoning, an abundance of cognitive dissonance and a no awareness of how amoral their rationale appears to the right minded.

Thank you for pointing that out. Sensible suggestion.
Personally I don't use the ignore button, just cause you never know, someone might surprise me!!! Hasn't happened yet. Only one was "reasonable" for me and that one hasn't posted here for months.

As per that excellent post by Col.Mustard, IMO the repetition and quantity of errors gets very wearing, side tracks the discussion, wastes time and is so very rarely informative, doesn't sharpen debate-the opposite. It's almost like someone asking me endless questions on a long running series when I am actually watching the finale of Season 7. I would reasonably answer - you need to go and watch seasons 1-6 first. :bang:

Lol. Nicely stated. But also; A quick scroll and roll while doing an eye roll is the best therapeutic thing a person can do.

Especially when tipsy. Lol. Just messing around CW.

There's probably a shorter way, but I only know this way.

Okay. Edited to say I found the short way! Find the user you want to ignore. Click on their username and choose 'view profile'. Then look at the left hand side of the page and you should see this:

Capture.JPG

Perhaps some of us are not making as much use of the "ignore" button as we should.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am finding the attention-seeking nonsense that we keep having to plough through tiresome and boring.

And sometimes quite disgusting. The ignore button achieves nothing if people respond to their posts. The best way is to never respond to their posts. Let them see their goading will get them nowhere on this victim-friendly forum.

As Bessie likes to say, "Roll and scroll", and this is the perfect solution.

Just to add to my previous comment, there's a poster, one of two who come here from time to time, who normally "reside" on DS. That person got an absolute hiding yesterday, and I do mean a hiding. Have a look. Some of you will know who I'm talking about but I won't take this any further.

And sometimes quite disgusting. The ignore button achieves nothing if people respond to their posts. The best way is to never respond to their posts. Let them see their goading will get them nowhere on this victim-friendly forum.

As Bessie likes to say, "Roll and scroll", and this is the perfect solution.
I've added quite a few recently! Although I still see the comments when other people quote their posts, it does make scrolling down the page less cluttered when 'this message is hidden because blah blah blah is on your ignore list' blanks out their entire post/s. This is supposed to be a victim friendly site but lately it feels like it's become a victim blaming site. Too much to stomach!

I sing the following when I read those posts ...

Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel
... Like a tunnel that you follow to a tunnel of its own
Down a hollow to a cavern where the sun has never shone

Hi L2L,

I did attempt to answer this in the previous thread if you want to look back. I'm browsing this on my iPad at the moment so it's a chore to go back and reference it. If you can't find it I'll look again tomorrow when I have my PC to hand.

Thank you! I'll go back and look for it. I apologise if being a nuisance!

ETA Found your post....many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member