Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a witness say they heard Oscar crying AFTER the final shots does not discredit the many other witnesses who heard Reeva screaming BEFORE the final shots.
It was Roux's distortion of the time line that skewed perception of who heard what and when, ultimately bamboozling both Nel and Masipa IMO.

Did Roux distort the timeline or did Nel just fail to provide an alternate timeline.

Unfortunately, I believe it was both.

Timeline is irrelevant for murder DE

That is what he is being sentenced for not premeditated murder.

Don't fall for the trap that he is being sentenced for premeditated murder.

Timeline is irrelevant for murder DE

That is what he is being sentenced for not premeditated murder.

Don't fall for the trap that he is being sentenced for premeditated murder.

Thanks indeed for the reminder. It's easy for me to still regret that Nel never produced an alternate timeline.
Not that it would have necessarily swayed Masipa.

I am satisfied with DE (thank you Nel and SCA) and look forward now to July 6th.
Let's hope this is the end of it.

Thanks indeed for the reminder. It's easy for me to still regret that Nel never produced an alternate timeline.
Not that it would have necessarily swayed Masipa.

I am satisfied with DE (thank you Nel and SCA) and look forward now to July 6th.
Let's hope this is the end of it.

2 days before my hernia operation and i'm stressed out now and can't sleep thinking about it......................poor Oscar eh !!

edit.
Stressed thinking about my 'open surgery' operation not about Oscar I add quickly.

Hopefully the lying will get his just deserts at long last..................

In short, he's depressed because he's forced to live with the consequences of committing a very serious crime. Do you think that this depression warrants a shorter sentence?

You mention that he's depressed because his appeal to the Constitutional Court was unsuccessful, but, IMO, he should be thanking his lucky stars that, thanks to Masipa's confusion, he managed to escape a finding of dolus directus.

I'm not saying he's not depressed, but one thing that struck me about his interview was how well-rested he looked - I found myself idly wondering if he'd had a facial. Reeva's father, on the other hand, needs no words to convey his suffering - it's written all over the poor man's face.
Very good point.
In fact awesome observe. JMO

2 days before my hernia operation and i'm stressed out now and can't sleep thinking about it......................poor Oscar eh !!

edit.
Stressed thinking about my 'open surgery' operation not about Oscar I add quickly.

Hopefully the lying will get his just deserts at long last..................

Maybe a 15 year sentence will aide your recovery.

I hope all goes well with your operation :)

Still hoping that Masipa will realise she's been taken for an absolute mug right the way through. That stumbling hobbling murderer was a lot faster when he was rushing here and there to 'defend' himself... in the DARK. But in broad daylight, he could barely manage to stand without assistance? Playing on his disability specifically to avoid serving time for a murder he committed is typical of the manipulative self-serving has-been icon he once was. His antics have been deplorable to 99.9% of just about everyone.

Still hoping that Masipa will realise she's been taken for an absolute mug right the way through. That stumbling hobbling murderer was a lot faster when he was rushing here and there to 'defend' himself... in the DARK. But in broad daylight, he could barely manage to stand without assistance? Playing on his disability specifically to avoid serving time for a murder he committed is typical of the manipulative self-serving has-been icon he once was. His antics have been deplorable to 99.9% of just about everyone.

On his stumps, in a real intruder situation, do you accept he would be significantly more vulnerable than an able bodied man?

If you do, then rather than 'playing on his disability ', it can be seen that Pistorius and the defence team are in fact pointing out the context of the shooting in order to ensure that the time given in sentence reflects that.

soozie.

I'm not expecting too much from Masipa.

His exploitation of his disability was disgusting.

It's intersting to note though that when he or the defence are doing this that they have him standing alone and not holding anything.

No mention of the GUN loaded with DEADLY black talon bullets. This alone cancels out a lot of that vulnerability.

Let's say two people were facing a gunman. One was OP and the other was an able bodied man. Was OP more vulnerable facing danger with a GUN ( and firearms training to boot) than an able bodied person without a gun? Apply this to even one able bodied man with a gun and an able bodied man without a gun. Who is most vulnerable?

THE PERSON WITHOUT THE GUN!

On his stumps, in a real intruder situation, do you accept he would be significantly more vulnerable than an able bodied man?

If you do, then rather than 'playing on his disability ', it can be seen that Pistorius and the defence team are in fact pointing out the context of the shooting in order to ensure that the time given in sentence reflects that.

If he felt 'significantly more vulnerable' why not put on his legs before going to the bathroom?

If he felt 'significantly more vulnerable' why not put on his legs before going to the bathroom?

On his version - because he didn’t know whether the intruder might be making his way down the passage to the bedroom. He didn't feel he had time. (also, not sure if he was ever asked if he could put his legs on easily in the dark)

Dutchy

.....Or crouched down behind the bed and covered the passage...... With his LETHAL WEAPON

soozie.

I'm not expecting too much from Masipa.

His exploitation of his disability was disgusting.

It's intersting to note though that when he or the defence are doing this that they have him standing alone and not holding anything.

No mention of the GUN loaded with DEADLY black talon bullets. This alone cancels out a lot of that vulnerability.

Let's say two people were facing a gunman. One was OP and the other was an able bodied man. Was OP more vulnerable facing danger with a GUN ( and firearms training to boot) than an able bodied person without a gun? Apply this to even one able bodied man with a gun and an able bodied man without a gun. Who is most vulnerable?

THE PERSON WITHOUT THE GUN!

Disabled man with gun is attacked. Able bodied man with gun is attacked. Which one is most likely to open fire first? Or are there too many possible variables to be able to give an opinion?

Welcome back Ms SQT

yes Masipa might surprise us all.

How many surprises so far? The first trial and it's verdict.
SCA & CCourt were as we all predicted. Maybe justice has been re-set to the right path since the de-rail in 2014.

Even within the context of their liberal sentencing approaches, I can't really see her setting below 10 years on the 6th.
Whilst most of us don't think it's enough for taking anyone's life in this fashion, think we're all pretty much in acceptance of a sentence along those lines.

The general public will be horrified at less than 15 years so his rejection from society will last a whole lot longer.
No doubt he'll leave SA after he finishes whatever Masipa dishes out.
Mozambique ? He can go start a new cult over there like one of those dodgy pastors you read about. :scared:

Welcome back Ms SQT

SCA & CCourt were as we all predicted. Maybe justice has been re-set to the right path since the de-rail in 2014.

Even within the context of their liberal sentencing approaches, I can't really see her setting below 10 years on the 6th.
Whilst most of us don't think it's enough for taking anyone's life in this fashion, think we're all pretty much in acceptance of a sentence along those lines.

The general public will be horrified at less than 15 years so his rejection from society will last a whole lot longer.
Mozambique ? He can go start a new cult over there like one of those dodgy pastors you read about. :scared:

I'm not sure that convicted murderers out on parole are allowed to relocate outside of the country, they still have weekly/monthly obligations to the parole board and their parole officers. If so then after prison OP will just be the pariah to South Africa that he is now being shunned by society and only interacting with family. And he will have to get a job, somewhere! :lol:

I'm not sure that convicted murderers out on parole are allowed to relocate outside of the country, they still have weekly/monthly obligations to the parole board and their parole officers. If so then after prison OP will just be the pariah to South Africa that he is now being shunned by society and only interacting with family. And he will have to get a job, somewhere! :lol:

Uncle Arnie has already offered him a job. I can't imagine too many other employers would be seeking him out.

Uncle Arnie has already offered him a job. I can't imagine too many other employers would be seeking him out.

Here in the UK almost every job application form asks about convictions. My job even required a security check.

I have a paper certificate ( honest ) saying I'm a good gal!

Welcome back Ms SQT

Hiya soozie, great to see you.

Not only rushing around IN THE DARK to defend himself, but amazingly, able to avoid tripping and falling over the 2 fans and their cords, iPads, clothing, shaver, multiplug and his vest on the floor as he felt the curtains IN THE DARK.

Other than time served being used to reduce his sentence, IMO there are no mitigating or compelling circumstances whatsoever. Being disabled is not a licence to shoot, let alone kill. If Masipa doesn't understand this after listening to the unanimous verdict of the SCA, she has no place on the High Court bench. She must abide by their decision. I think as a bare minimum she should hand down a sentence of 15 years less 1 for time served, but because of her past form I think this is unlikely. I think the most we can expect would be 9-12, and even then that's being optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper