Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope the wheels don't fall off tomorrow.

Either way that wheel will keep turning!

As I've said, I hope Masipa blows the sentencing so the SCA can do it properly. But somehow I suspect Masipa is just going to follow the law regarding sentencing, 15 or more years without any gimmicks. It would be so easy to do and so professional, more importantly it could not be criticized.

I see where you are going. I agree it should push sentencing toward the realm of DD.
this was Nel's argument over him having fired 4 shots, not one, no warning shot, no threat at him whatsoever, apart from in his head , the trajectory of the bullets, etc
this is what i hope sinks into Masipa and she has taken onboard the recommendations made by the SCA, if not, Nel will Appeal any insulting sentence she hands him, and she'll find herself being corrected AGAIN by the Supreme Court.

As I've said, I hope Masipa blows the sentencing so the SCA can do it properly. But somehow I suspect Masipa is just going to follow the law regarding sentencing, 15 or more years without any gimmicks. It would be so easy to do and so professional, more importantly it could not be criticized.

And probably unappealable!

She didn't apply the Law correctly the first time round !
It is up to her how low she goes on Prison term working down from 15. - it's how convinced she was by Roux's mitigating compelling circumstances, his mental state; mercy for his disability, his conduct during prison time he's already served , his suggestion of alternative punishment by way of community service. Anything but him living on Uncle Arnies nature reserves sunbathing and riding quad bikes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-fears-judge-intimidated-unfair-sentence.html

“EXCLUSIVE - Oscar Pistorius will serve just FOUR YEARS' jail, a top lawyer claims as shamed sprinter's father fears 'intimidated' judge will be give him an 'unfair' sentence”

(Leading defence lawyer, Mike Hellens, who was on the shortlist to represent Pistorius following his arrest for the Valentine's Day murder in 2013, also warned against the judge 'over compensating' after her manslaughter conviction of the runner was overturned by superiors last year.)

It's 2:00am here. One last :bed:before tomorrow's :fireworks:

I'm not counting on it because Masipa may give him 48 hours to get organized, but I want to see Oscar in the :copcar:

driving off to prison and know that he's :behindbar for a long stretch.

Have a great day and see you all in court. :wave:

I have always thought it would be minimum 6 years in prison , serving actual prison time

“Rehabilitation factors alone do not suffice. What will be taken into consideration is the fact that he is a double amputee, [that he is] willing to undergo rehabilitation and whether she believes he has shown proper remorse,” Curlewis said.

“If she hands down a sentence of between 11 and 14 years she will be spot on in terms of sentencing.

“But, unlike his culpable homicide conviction, where correctional supervision was imposed, this sentence is one of direct imprisonment. Pistorius will have to serve half [his term] before he will be eligible for parole.

“He cannot deviate from this, which means he will probably serve at least six years in prison.”

three factors had to be taken into consideration when it came to sentencing: the offender‘s circumstances, the seriousness of the offence and the interest of society.

I can live with between 11 and 14 years, but Curlewis has often been wrong, but this is promising and i don't think Nel would Appeal it. It does sound more than i thought though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-fears-judge-intimidated-unfair-sentence.html

“EXCLUSIVE - Oscar Pistorius will serve just FOUR YEARS' jail, a top lawyer claims as shamed sprinter's father fears 'intimidated' judge will be give him an 'unfair' sentence”

(Leading defence lawyer, Mike Hellens, who was on the shortlist to represent Pistorius following his arrest for the Valentine's Day murder in 2013, also warned against the judge 'over compensating' after her manslaughter conviction of the runner was overturned by superiors last year.)

4 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would be surprised if that happens, too low

It's 2:00am here. One last :bed:before tomorrow's :fireworks:

I'm not counting on it because Masipa may give him 48 hours to get organized, but I want to see Oscar in the :copcar:

Have a great day and see you all in court. :wave:

Sleep well and wake up prepared for anything !

More expert guessers guessing...

Off topic but I don't recall evidence about the wound to Reeva's arm. WTF? He shot her with the pellet rifle first?

4 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would be surprised if that happens, too low

It's interesting what his father said but not unexpected. Perhaps this would be their grounds for appeal.

It's 2:00am here. One last :bed:before tomorrow's

Have a great day and see you all in court.:

may be he will leg it and fly to Italy in those 48 hours
In normal-world Criminal convicted of Murder goes direct to prison
This is not normal, its a mess
See you in Court JJ !
Fingers crossed, may need it.
:jail::jail::jai

Hi to all of you,
Does anybody know at what time the sentencing tomorrow starts? I'm actually in Corsica quite far a way from easy access to internet but tomorrow I would go to town to watch.
Which channel would you recommend?
Thank you very much in advance!

It's interesting what his father said but not unexpected. Perhaps this would be their grounds for appeal.

as deluded and minimising Pisotrius's crime in the same way the rest of the family did when they gave the press conference after he got the Culpable Homicide sentencing.
Grates on you doesn't it.................:tantrum:

Hi to all of you,
Does anybody know at what time the sentencing tomorrow starts? I'm actually in Corsica quite far a way from easy access to internet but tomorrow I would go to town to watch.
Which channel would you recommend?
Thank you very much in advance!

cottonweaver put this link up earlier
There's a link to the live ENCA.com feed for the trial

http://www.enca.com/south-africa/preview-oscar-pistoriuss-sentencing-procedures

It says 9.30 but i read 9am elsewhere so hope someone else is able to confirm this.

This is an interesting tweet to consider

@MandyWiener @ulrichroux. The NPA will appeal a too lenient sentence. Then the SCA gets to sentence. On their own murder conviction.

cottonweaver put this link up earlier
There's a link to the live ENCA.com feed for the trial

http://www.enca.com/south-africa/preview-oscar-pistoriuss-sentencing-procedures

It says 9.30 but i read 9am elsewhere so hope someone else is able to confirm this.

This is an interesting tweet to consider

@MandyWiener @ulrichroux. The NPA will appeal a too lenient sentence. Then the SCA gets to sentence. On their own murder conviction.

Thanks a lot, Cloen and cottonweaver!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper