Osco confirms caylee dna

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does the limited immunity offer expire tues? Surely we 'll get a presser tom. I really would like to hear how GP's respond. I do feel sad for them, but they make it very difficult. They are hard people to care about but as my 11 yr old daughter says "sometimes it's easier to be mad than sad" and I think that is a perfect description of the GP's right now.

Yes, but if they now know she is dead from the decomp tests, is that not enough to say..it is a homocide case not a missing persons?
btw..nice to say hello my friend..:blowkiss:

You would think. I really think they are trying to play their cards right though. Dont wanna jump the gun and charge her with murder and end up not finding a body and Casey gets Aquitted due to lack of evidence. No double jeopardy. She spends few years in jail then gets out. Only reason i say this is because i think the circus is just beginning. I think we are going to hear some craaaazy story about someone else killing her child and threatening her family if she went to LE or something. Nothing is far fetched at this point. I know she isnt credible in the least but you never know.

Yes, but if they now know she is dead from the decomp tests, is that not enough to say..it is a homocide case not a missing persons?
btw..nice to say hello my friend..:blowkiss:

:blowkiss: Yes it is and they had those results last week but have been putting the squeeze on Casey ever since. That deadline for the immunity deal is Tuesday. They have her back in jail with even more charges now, right where they want her. Leaked the dna info last week but confirmed it in the news now so she has to be sweating and her lawyer is too. Depending on where she put Caylee then the arrival and search from TES may be causing some worry too.

What time does the limited immunity offer expire tues? Surely we 'll get a presser tom. I really would like to hear how GP's respond. I do feel sad for them, but they make it very difficult. They are hard people to care about but as my 11 yr old daughter says "sometimes it's easier to be mad than sad" and I think that is a perfect description of the GP's right now.

The end of the business day is what I remember. Like a 9 to 5 thing. :crazy:

And people want to ban torture...clearly it is needed in this case...Put my half Italian/Irish butt in a room with her..I'd know where the body was dumped in less than 15 minutes.
--------
Can I share your 15 minutes? I'd like to (WS.please dont ban me,I'm really gentle) whack the chit out of that smiling tart!!! IMO Nore

I thought that she had till 9:30 am on Tuesday to take the deal.

I thought that she had till 9:30 am on Tuesday to take the deal.

There were copies of the e-mails posted here but the original time limit was Thursday and then extended to Tuesday. The end of the business day is stuck in my head but I could be wrong.

ETA: maybe thurs. was the business day time given?

There were copies of the e-mails posted here but the original time limit was Thursday and then extended to Tuesday. The end of the business day is stuck in my head but I could be wrong.

I believe you're right. Unless it changed, last I heard it was the end of the business day Tuesday.

We know that and so does LE but I believe you followed the Scott Peterson case so you understand all about the bull eyes defense. If you look at the discovery pages you'll see that LE was following up on all sightings and tips.

The only way they can safely not follow up is if they have evidence that Caylee is deceased. We did see this exact same thing in the Peterson case with the parents and lawyers. While Scott and Casey are the most stupid liars and sociopaths LE is very much under the microscope on high profile cases because they are accused of framing just to solve the case.

You would think. I really think they are trying to play their cards right though. Dont wanna jump the gun and charge her with murder and end up not finding a body and Casey gets Aquitted due to lack of evidence. No double jeopardy. She spends few years in jail then gets out. Only reason i say this is because i think the circus is just beginning. I think we are going to hear some craaaazy story about someone else killing her child and threatening her family if she went to LE or something. Nothing is far fetched at this point. I know she isnt credible in the least but you never know.

I have always said they were setting it up (via casey's wild stories), to say that because LE did not cooperate with them Caylee was killed by the abductor. I said that at the beginning of this..that it might just create enough reasonable doubt to get a hung jury.

I too think they are certain there was a decomposing body in the car and that body was Caylee's. AND, I think their testing has told them that Caylee was dead when she was placed in the trunk. JMHO from what's been published.

I also think that Cindy will believe that Caylee is dead when Jose tells her it's time to believe that Caylee is dead. And not one minute sooner. And even then, she might still look at Casey and decide not to believe Jose either. Poor Cindy. I don't think she ever completely separated from Casey. They are like two mirrors that reflect each other.

JMHO

I agree with this..it may never be something she will believe.

That's another thing I've heard Cindy spout off about. Many people had access to that car. Again, maybe the kidnappers saw Casey's car at Amscott and put her body in there :eek: Would that be any crazier than anything else Casey has said? George as much as admitted there was a dead body in the trunk by denying that it was Caylee.

It's just stuff like that is why LE are choosing their words very carefully. If Caylee was dead in the trunk prove it was Casey who put her there. Timelines, witnesses, cell phones, dna, etc. are going to convict her most likely but LE knows they have little chance of finding her body unless Casey tells them. Same thing with Laci Peterson.
yes, I agree this is going to happen..but did she not say she doesnt believe the DNA results or something to that effect?

I actually always thot they were lining this story up..that caylee was killed by the abductor..

I found this interesting. Sgt Allen went on camera with some TV stations about Caylee's confirmed death, and wouldn't go on camera with other TV stations.

Some TV stations are reporting it, but others haven't.

Any locals that can offer some insight on this?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/08/a-third-station.html

WESH-Channel 2 trumpeted that it had broken the news. Anchor Amanda Ober said, "For the first time, Orange County investigators go on the record: They tell WESH2 that recent FBI lab tests indicated Caylee Anthony's body was in her mother's trunk and that the child is dead. It's a story our Bob Kealing broke on WESH.com this afternoon."

But WFTV-Channel 9 on Wednesday reported that the child was dead.
-snip-

And why was WESH boasting about itself? The station offered Sgt. John Allen of the Orange County Sheriff's Office saying that Caylee's dead body had been in the trunk mom of Casey Anthony's car. Reporter Kealing put it this way: "For the first time in a one-on-one interview the lead detective on the case told us the lab results indicate Caylee is dead."

-snip-

WOFL-Channel 35 reported that the search for Casey Anthony was basically a recovery operation, although the sheriff's office wouldn't say that officially. WOFL reported that Sgt. Allen would say, off camera, that the evidence suggests Caylee's dead body was in the car.

"For the first time, on the record, he's making a big statement," reporter Tracy Jacim said.

-snip-

WFTV also offered Allen on camera saying, "There was a dead body in the trunk of Casey's car and that body was Caylee."

The other thing I find interesting is that even with OCSO's Sgt Allen, on camera, saying the dead body in the trunk was Caylee, we have a couple people here in WS saying Caylee is alive.

I found this interesting. Sgt Allen went on camera with some TV stations about Caylee's confirmed death, and wouldn't go on camera with other TV stations.

Some TV stations are reporting it, but others haven't.

Any locals that can offer some insight on this?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/08/a-third-station.html

WESH-Channel 2 trumpeted that it had broken the news. Anchor Amanda Ober said, "For the first time, Orange County investigators go on the record: They tell WESH2 that recent FBI lab tests indicated Caylee Anthony's body was in her mother's trunk and that the child is dead. It's a story our Bob Kealing broke on WESH.com this afternoon."

But WFTV-Channel 9 on Wednesday reported that the child was dead.
-snip-

And why was WESH boasting about itself? The station offered Sgt. John Allen of the Orange County Sheriff's Office saying that Caylee's dead body had been in the trunk mom of Casey Anthony's car. Reporter Kealing put it this way: "For the first time in a one-on-one interview the lead detective on the case told us the lab results indicate Caylee is dead."

-snip-

WOFL-Channel 35 reported that the search for Casey Anthony was basically a recovery operation, although the sheriff's office wouldn't say that officially. WOFL reported that Sgt. Allen would say, off camera, that the evidence suggests Caylee's dead body was in the car.

"For the first time, on the record, he's making a big statement," reporter Tracy Jacim said.

-snip-

WFTV also offered Allen on camera saying, "There was a dead body in the trunk of Casey's car and that body was Caylee."

The other thing I find interesting is that even with OCSO's Sgt Allen, on camera, saying the dead body in the trunk was Caylee, we have a couple people here in WS saying Caylee is alive.
and this is what LE is afraid of..some jurist thinking reasonable doubt on some matter pertaining to the case..such as did casey kill her or did someone (an abductor) else kill her.

I'm sorry...we don't have cable, as we don't watch t.v. (though this is one time I wish we did)...so can someone tell me...did the OCSO or whomever...has anyone actually seen a detective or the sheriff or some other LE on t.v.say that Caylee is dead? The way that statement was worded in that first quote, from Sgt. Allen, it doesn't seem to me to be definitive, like it's just something they're considering.

If this is true, it's not at all surprising to me, I've thought that poor child dead all along.

Is this his directly quoted statement? If so...have we heard anything from The Anthony's?

Lead investigator: 'We're probably looking for a body'

Orange County sheriff's investigators turned their attention Sunday to the possibility that missing 3-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony is dead, and joined with hundreds of volunteers to canvass wooded areas in southeast Orlando in search of the toddler.

"Since we've gotten things back from the FBI lab, we know that we're probably looking for a body," said Sgt. John Allen, the lead investigator in the case. "We're to the point in the investigation where we think it'd be good to go back and retrace some of our steps."

Caylee Marie was last seen in mid-June and was reported missing to authorities July 15. During a bail hearing in July for her mother, Casey Anthony, investigators said they had found strands of hair, a stain and dirt in the trunk of the woman's car, which had been abandoned in a parking lot.

On Wednesday, the Sheriff's Office said air-sample tests from the abandoned car show that the trunk once held a decomposing human body.The results of DNA samples sent to FBI forensics labs have not been made public.

Television stations said Sunday that Allen had gone further -- telling them lab results indicated the body in the trunk of the Anthony's white Pontiac was in fact Caylee Marie.

"We clearly have evidence that indicates that there was a dead body in the trunk of Casey's car, and that that body was Caylee," Allen told WFTV-Channel 9 in an interview that aired Sunday evening.Allen told the Orlando Sentinel Sunday night that the evidence suggests that the body in the back of the car was "likely to be Caylee." He would not disclose the type of evidence that was returned from the federal lab and would not confirm whether the child was dead.

This information was the furthest the sheriff's office has gone in saying that the missing child is dead. In recent weeks, sheriff's spokesmen have repeatedly said the agency was looking for a live child.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-casey-anthony-search-caylee-083108,0,1278655.story

I am an attorney and it is considered unethical and immoral to knowingly prepare and present a not guilty defense for a client that has confessed to you. And of course defendants are guilty if they genuinely confess, technically and otherwise. An attorney is bound by lawyer-client confidentiality at all times, however, and has two choices in this scenario: A) Successfully convince the client to plead guilty or B) Move to withdraw from the case.

Some criminal defense attorneys tell their clients to not disclose to them if they are guilty which is considered an acceptable way around this issue. An attorney lying to the court is NOT.
I wholeheartedly disagree . A defense attorney can absolutely put on a not guilty defense for a client he knows is guilty. The burden is on the state to prove the case and a good defense attorney will challenge the state to do exactly that. What an attorney cannot do is put his client on the stand when he knows he will perjure himself by saying he did not commit the crime.
This is SOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member