Othram - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths thread: Identified! - VA - Mclean, BlkFem 15-20, UP6470, wooded area behind apart complex, clothes, jewelry, Sep'01 - Choubi Gildawie

DNASolves: After 22 years, Fairfax County Jane Doe ('01) is Identified

Couple surprising things here:

1. The murder victim is not African American. She is white and originally from France.
  2. She was found in 2001 but as many noted, the clothing and personal items indicated that she might have been from an earlier decade. In fact, this woman went missing in 1975.

Totally crowdfunded by people like you and we are so grateful (as is her family). If you want to see other cases that need funding, check this out:
Pending Cases

If you love NamUs, you are going to really love this new partnership. The Othram team could not be more excited:

I'm hoping this case might get a little attention (there was an exhumation and additional testing done in 2010)

If you love NamUs, you are going to really love this new partnership. The Othram team could not be more excited:
What will be the process, meaning how are the Doe’s to be selected? Does NamUs submit them to you or do you have the ability to utilize the system to choose which ones you work on?

It is stated in the link that there is no cost from NamUs to families, LE or ME for their services. Does this mean they will be providing funding for your services as well?

This is such exciting news and sounds like the identity of many unidentified persons may be known soon or at least the ones with DNA readily available. Just so curious about the process and will stop with my questions here.

Congratulations! This is such a huge step/milestone in itself. Success in great numbers expected. Othram supercharged! :cool:

What will be the process, meaning how are the Doe’s to be selected? Does NamUs submit them to you or do you have the ability to utilize the system to choose which ones you work on?

It is stated in the link that there is no cost from NamUs to families, LE or ME for their services. Does this mean they will be providing funding for your services as well?

This is such exciting news and sounds like the identity of many unidentified persons may be known soon or at least the ones with DNA readily available. Just so curious about the process and will stop with my questions here.

Congratulations! This is such a huge step/milestone in itself. Success in great numbers expected. Othram supercharged! :cool:
Yes, NamUs already provides many services to agencies around the United States. These services will now include Othram and they are also helping fund the work as well. It's truly amazing. But it's important to stress that NamUs does so much more than just fund work. They are identifying, vetting, and working the cases as well.

Othram is not involved in the selection of cases, though. We prioritize cases only based on the availability of usable evidence.

Here are two recent examples from our partnership:

The New York State Police, FBI and Othram Partner to Identify 1980 Jane Doe from Dutchess County
The Idaho County Sheriff’s Office Teams with Othram to Identify 1984 John Doe

You will notice at the end of these articles, we highlight their support:

"The services provided by Othram for this case were funded by the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs). NamUs is a national clearinghouse funded and administered by the National Institute of Justice and managed through a contract with RTI International that assists the criminal justice community with the investigation and resolution of missing, unidentified, and unclaimed persons cases across the United States and its territories. We are grateful to RTI, NamUs, and the NIJ for the support."

Ok, very good to know. Thank you so much for clarifying that part of the partnership. It’s so wonderful.

One more question…..I had previously seen a SM post from Kristen asking if anyone knew what the name Othram stood for and there were a few guesses but I did not see confirmation of the answer. Are you able to share what it means or how you came up with the name?

Ok, very good to know. Thank you so much for clarifying that part of the partnership. It’s so wonderful.

One more question…..I had previously seen a SM post from Kristen asking if anyone knew what the name Othram stood for and there were a few guesses but I did not see confirmation of the answer. Are you able to share what it means or how you came up with the name?

Thank you!

If I may suggest a case, here's a Jane Doe found at a recycling plant in Chicago in 2012. She seems to have been homeless. It seems DNA is readily available for her; she has some official rule-outs listed. Thank you.
Her NamUs profile:

I didn’t find a thread here for her.

After 22 years, a female homicide victim, found near a drainage ditch in McLean has been identified as Patricia Agnes Gildawie, missing since 1975.​

I didn’t find a thread here for her.

After 22 years, a female homicide victim, found near a drainage ditch in McLean has been identified as Patricia Agnes Gildawie, missing since 1975.​

Thank you! I’m losing my touch :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member