Outbreak of Severe Thunderstorms And Strong Tornadoes Expected Today

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you have not yet done this, please do so. Today.

1. Create a family emergency plan

Your family may not be together when an emergency happens, so it is important to plan in advance: how you will contact one another; how you will get back together; and what you will do in different situations. You can download a family emergency plan template from by visiting http://www.ready.gov/america/makeaplan/index.html

2. Put together an emergency supply kit

You may need to survive on your own after an emergency. This means having your own food, water, and other supplies in sufficient quantity to last for at least three days. Local officials and relief workers will be on the scene after a disaster, but they cannot reach everyone immediately. You could get help in hours, or it might take days. In addition, basic services such as electricity, gas, water, sewage treatment, and telephones may be cut off for days, or even a week or longer. To find a complete checklist of the supplies your household may need in the event of an emergency, visit http://www.ready.gov/america/getakit/index.html

3. Be informed about the different types of emergencies that can happen in your area and their appropriate responses.

Learn about the hazards that may strike your community, the risks you face from these hazards, and your community’s plans for warning and evacuation. You can obtain this information by visiting http://www.ready.gov/america/beinformed/index.html

Brought to you by your friendly CERT member WSer. :)

We live in Yazoo County, Ms. We just got back from Yazoo City. It is a mess, I have never in my life seen so many officials at one time in one place running from one end to the other. I didn't even see the other areas. My husband and his brother took their equipment to help clear roads, then we cooked burgers and hot dogs for the volunteers and those who lost their homes.

Will be getting up in this morning to help with breakfast as the troops will be working all night to try to get to homes, there is one subdivision that they are having a hard time getting to, there is distruction miles and miles long, some very rural areas that have not even been checked yet. Please pray for all of us.

One young lady lost her life when she went to shield her two children from the debris as it hit their home and was hit in the back with a shard of glass or a pipe, I don't know which, yet. There are several stories and I know some of them, the pd and sheriff's office are all working along with MEMA, Red Cross, Counties from all over the State, National Guard, EPA, etc. They were all there. Governor Haley Barbour lives in Yazoo, he was devastated.

Tomorrow will be a better day, I pray.

I live in Dalton, Georgia. A really bad line of storms is passing thru now. I am typing from the hallway (no basement). We are praying for the folks in MS and AL after the devastation that happened there today and tonight.

We live in Yazoo County, Ms. We just got back from Yazoo City. It is a mess, I have never in my life seen so many officials at one time in one place running from one end to the other. I didn't even see the other areas. My husband and his brother took their equipment to help clear roads, then we cooked burgers and hot dogs for the volunteers and those who lost their homes.

Will be getting up in this morning to help with breakfast as the troops will be working all night to try to get to homes, there is one subdivision that they are having a hard time getting to, there is distruction miles and miles long, some very rural areas that have not even been checked yet. Please pray for all of us.

One young lady lost her life when she went to shield her two children from the debris as it hit their home and was hit in the back with a shard of glass or a pipe, I don't know which, yet. There are several stories and I know some of them, the pd and sheriff's office are all working along with MEMA, Red Cross, Counties from all over the State, National Guard, EPA, etc. They were all there. Governor Haley Barbour lives in Yazoo, he was devastated.

Tomorrow will be a better day, I pray.

Hi neighbor. I'm in Louisiana but a lot of my family are from Liberty, MS. My thoughts and prayers are with y'all.

I will pray for everyone affected by the storms during Mass this morning. Godspeed all of you, in Jesus' Name, amen!

Thank you Dark Knight, it is really windy here in east central Georgia. When I look at your site for some reason I feel like I'm in church. It makes me feel good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back