Owen Wilson hospitalized

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They say the funniest people often have the darkest flip sides. I think this is so sad. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. He has so much to live for and hopefully will get the help he needs. Poor fella.

--yes I remember Pete Duel--As a kid,I remember seeing him in a TV western series that I forgot the name of--Hollywood suicides are always shocking since we always believe money and fame equal happiness---here's a partial list off the top of my head; Inger Stevens(manic-depressive), Nick Adams, Gig Young, Brian Keith from '60's TV Series Family Affair(had cancer tho),also the young girl who played Buffy in Family Affair,killed herself at age 17(a case which still haunts me to this day)), Marilyn Monroe, Capucine(French actress from Pink Panther movies), Freddie Prinze(comedian,just 22 years old) Richard Jeni(comedian,manic-depressive)--also the girl from Different Strokes,Dana Plato killed herself at age 32

I was so in love with Pete Duel. I mean I wrote him a fan letter. My one and only fan letter. I was 12 or 13.

I remember reading that he was drunk, had a loaded gun in the house, and made the deadly decision. His family always felt if the gun was not in the house that night he would not have shot himself.

He was sooooo cute.

I hope Owen Wilson is not going down the same path. Wilson is so talented. There must be some dark parts of his life that no one is aware of. Hopefully, he will get the help he needs.

Here is Pete for those who don't remember

Attachments

• Pete.jpg
    Pete.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 166
They say the funniest people often have the darkest flip sides. I think this is so sad. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. He has so much to live for and hopefully will get the help he needs. Poor fella.

I think there is some real truth to this. A friend of mine was in treatmenet with Chris Farley (befoe he died) and she said he had a very dark flip side and a sweet sensitive soul.

now why on earth would he do that? his life can't be that bad!

He is attractive, very wealthy and famous.
WHY would he try to kill himself?

Sorry, but these sort of ill informed comments really hack me off. I have a wonderful life too. I have a great husband, the world's most beautiful child, a job, a house, and all the trimmings.

But all these things do not and cannot cure my illness. I have been and occasionally still am suicidal. If all it took to cure my illness was lots of money and fame, well I would have been auditioning for Australian Idol years ago.

Owen should be grateful.
Owen has everything (money and fame) to live for.
Owen is being selfish.

PUHLEASE.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Depression is an equal-opportunity destroyer.

It involves a chemical imbalance; can or not necessarily be caused by alcohol or drug use. Definitely made worse by use of such chemicals.

Demons and insecurities haunt people in this country regardless of success/nonsucess.

Why was Betty Ford drug dependent, why did Kitty Dukasis drink rubbing alcohol? Because they were miserable, unsure of themselves, uncomfortable in their own skins, and needed an identity besides their "successful husbands". For some, depression is hereditary as well.

Also, "funny people" as SS mentioned are often covering up or dealing with their pain by makeing constant jokes.

I was so in love with Pete Duel. I mean I wrote him a fan letter. My one and only fan letter. I was 12 or 13.

I remember reading that he was drunk, had a loaded gun in the house, and made the deadly decision. His family always felt if the gun was not in the house that night he would not have shot himself.

He was sooooo cute.

I hope Owen Wilson is not going down the same path. Wilson is so talented. There must be some dark parts of his life that no one is aware of. Hopefully, he will get the help he needs.

Here is Pete for those who don't remember

Exactly. I have known of 2 men who committed suicide and a friend/neighbor who did 15 years ago. In that case a divorce was involved.

He seemed to have everything going form him (except the divorce). Someone tried to talk him out of it, but he was simply unable to.

Usually men commit suicide, women who do, often do it through abusing themselves and "accident".

If I am not mistaken, Owen helped Wes Anderson write the Royal Tennenbaums.

You may be right; I do think I've read that Owen has written entire screenplays. Didn't he have a first movie that was a big hit? Can't remember for sure. Maybe it was RT.

Ok, I googled it- it was "Bottlerocket". He wrote it, maybe with his brother; they produced this off-beat film and it became a HIT!!

1996 - Bottlerocket - I think written while was still in college

Owen Wilson is a very talented guy.

Darlin, the Amy Winehouse thread is elsewhere. You're on the Owen Wilson thread now.
--sorry about that--I was just responding to a link and happened to see that the.......oh never mind:)--ok back to Owen Wilson--Dr. Drew Pinsky was on CNN just now,talking about Owen's previous drug detox in Hazelton last year, so he's obviously got some serious problems--hope he beats this thing

Sorry, but these sort of ill informed comments really hack me off. I have a wonderful life too. I have a great husband, the world's most beautiful child, a job, a house, and all the trimmings.

But all these things do not and cannot cure my illness. I have been and occasionally still am suicidal. If all it took to cure my illness was lots of money and fame, well I would have been auditioning for Australian Idol years ago.

Owen should be grateful.
Owen is being selfish.

PUHLEASE.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I also have to say I respect Owen for the way he goes about things in his life. He don't walk around feeling sorry for himself or acting a fool in public.He asked now that he be left alone to deal with his issues and I think the media should respect that. He will get better and move on and not use it as a ''crutch'' like I see so many other people doing.

Thanks for the links, you guys - I'm so saddened by this news and pray that Owen gets the help he so deserves and needs.

I hope the media respect his request for privacy, as the tabloids & paparazzi could make things much more stressful.
TMZ has obtained the following statement from Owen Wilson:

"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."
Source: TMZ

I hope Owen gets the help he needs...mo

Ive always liked his movies,and its sad for me to hear that he tried to hurt himself..

--sorry about that--I was just responding to a link and happened to see that the.......oh never mind:)--ok back to Owen Wilson--Dr. Drew Pinsky was on CNN just now,talking about Owen's previous drug detox in Hazelton last year, so he's obviously got some serious problems--hope he beats this thing

I do too. He seems like a decent guy.

Owen should be grateful.
Owen is being selfish.

PUHLEASE.

Exactly! So many people don't realize that when you're suicidal, you're suicidal. Even when things are going well.

Exactly! So many people don't realize that when you're suicidal, you're suicidal. Even when things are going well.

Of course, you are absolutely right. I think when someone who "seems to have everything going for them" attempts to end their life, people get frightened and want guarantees that such a thing could never happen to them or someone they love.

But depression, especially when coupled with addiction, is a take no prisoners disease. There are no guarantees - only the hope that those suffering can somehow start to reach for the light.

I read that he's hooked on cocaine and heroin. Not a good combo. I hope he can kick it this time.

Owen should be grateful.
Owen is being selfish.

PUHLEASE.

Agree and disagree.

Doctors, therapy, medication and family are all available to him. Not so with many others who don't have wealth. Additonally in his industry there is nothing taboo about anything......except maybe a marriage that lasts :D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back