Owner of the Infamous Purple Truck - Dr. Roy Heilbron

Evening MsJosie I tried to do some research on your question. (I have no idea where said person was born, so will assume U.S. Lots of people get attend medical schools in foreign countries.) But I found an interesting article:
" A suspension allows the doctor to eventually return to practice, given they fully comply with the medical board’s demands (and a return to practice can take 5 to 10 years). With a revocation, there is almost no possibility of returning to practice."
Due to the unexpected volume of comments and responses to this article, comments are now closed.
https://anxietyboss.com/moving-forw...edical-license-has-been-suspended-or-revoked/
So, it appears the license issue is SUSPENSION vs REVOCATION.
PS The significance/coincidence of a June 28th sentencing, has not been overlooked. RIP

Thanks IQuestion. I appreciate your research.

Dr. H made an announcement (end of November, 2016) of new offices, Core Medical "Core Health Rejuvenation" located at:
175 SW 7th St., Suite 1524
Miami, FL. 33130
You can even call for an appt. (phone isn't working though...don't ask, don't tell:blushing:)
And to my point....that lovely condo office space is now for Purchase ($850,000) or rent ($4400 monthly)......
http://www.thefancyrealtor.com/prop.../175-sw-7th-st-1524/58e63173bb975239b8001561/
I did see the photos before it was "vacated/cleared out"...but the window configuration matches completely. It is a stunning office and view.
But again, back to Ms. Josie's question...still waiting to find out if he gets revocation or suspension.
http://www.thefancyrealtor.com/prop...-sw-7th-street-1524/58e63173bb975239b800155d/

I don't think this has been posted yet. Good to know Florida DOH are aware of the fraud conviction. (The formatting isn't great, but it's readable).

STATE OF FLORIDA

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH,
Petitioner,

v.
• CASE NO.: 2015-22313
ROY G. HEILBRON, JR., M.D.,
Respondent.

________________/

ADMINISTRATIVE COMPLAINT

Petitioner Department of Health files this Administrative Complaint before the Board of Medicine against Respondent Roy G. Heilbron, Jr., M.D., and in support thereof alleges:

1. Petitioner is the state agency charged with regulating the practice of Medicine pursuant to Section 20.43, Florida Statutes; Chapter 456, Florida Statutes; and Chapter 458, Florida Statutes.

2. At all times material to this Complaint, Respondent was a
licensed medical doctor within the state of Florida, having been issued
license number ME 63434.

3. Respondent's address of record is 1524A Bishops Lodge Road,
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87506.

4. On or about February 17, 2017, in the United States District
Court for the District of New Mexico, in the matter of United States v. Roy G. Heilbron, case number 15-2030 WPJ, Respondent entered a plea of guilty to one count of committing health care fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. section 1347(a)(2).

5. Health care fraud is a crime that relates to the practice of
medicine.

6. Section 456.072(1)(c), Florida Statutes (2016), provides that
being convicted or found guilty of, or entering a plea of guilty or nolo
contendere to, regardless of adjudication, a crime in any jurisdiction which relates to the practice of, or the ability to practice, a licensee's profession constitutes grounds for disciplinary action by the Board of Medicine.

7. Based on the foregoing, Respondent violated Section
456.072(1)(c), Florida Statutes (2016), by entering a plea of guilty to
committing health care fraud, a crime which relates to the practice of his
profession.

WHEREFORE, the Petitioner respectfully requests that the Board of
Medicine enter an order imposing one or more of the following penalties: permanent revocation or suspension of Respondent's license, restriction of practice, imposition of an administrative fine, issuance of a reprimand, placement of the Respondent on probation, corrective action, refund of fees billed or collected, remedial education and/or any other relief that the Board deems appropriate.
SIGNED this 2nd day of May, 2017.

Celeste Philip, MD, MPH

Surgeon General and Secretary

https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/MQA...seVerification?LicInd=54345&Procde=1501&org=

Roy Heilbron sentencing date has been reset twice.
Sentencing date is 8/28/2017.

U.S. District Court
District of New Mexico - Version 6.1 (Albuquerque)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:15-cr-02030-WJ All Defendants

Case title: USA v. Heilbron

05/26/2017 79 MINUTE ORDER by the direction of District Judge William P. Johnson as to Roy Heilbron: Due to the unavailability of Judge Johnson, Sentencing is reset from 6/28/2017 to 7/11/2017 at 1:30 PM in Albuquerque - 540 Bonito Courtroom before District Judge William P. Johnson. (rwg)

06/07/2017 80 MOTION to Continue the July 11, 2017 Sentencing Date by Roy Heilbron. (Marks, Donald) (Entered: 06/07/2017)

06/19/2017 81 ORDER by District Judge William P. Johnson granting 80 MOTION to Continue the July 11, 2017 Sentencing Date filed by Roy Heilbron. Sentencing is reset from 7/11/2017 to 8/28/2017 at 1:30 PM in Albuquerque - 540 Bonito Courtroom before District Judge William P. Johnson.

Roy Heilbron sentencing date has been reset twice.
Sentencing date is 8/28/2017.

U.S. District Court

Case title: USA v. Heilbron

05/26/2017 79 MINUTE ORDER by the direction of District Judge William P. Johnson as to Roy Heilbron: Due to the unavailability of Judge Johnson, Sentencing is reset from 6/28/2017 to 7/11/2017 at 1:30 PM in Albuquerque - 540 Bonito Courtroom before District Judge William P. Johnson. (rwg)

06/07/2017 80 MOTION to Continue the July 11, 2017 Sentencing Date by Roy Heilbron. (Marks, Donald) (Entered: 06/07/2017)

06/19/2017 81 ORDER by District Judge William P. Johnson granting 80 MOTION to Continue the July 11, 2017 Sentencing Date filed by Roy Heilbron. Sentencing is reset from 7/11/2017 to 8/28/2017 at 1:30 PM in Albuquerque - 540 Bonito Courtroom before District Judge William P. Johnson.

Today was supposed to be a sentencing for Roy Heilbron. I did not see anything in the media. Does anyone have an update? Thanks

Today was supposed to be a sentencing for Roy Heilbron. I did not see anything in the media. Does anyone have an update? Thanks
On 08/23/2017 - MINUTE ORDER by District Judge William P. Johnson as to Roy Heilbron vacating the 8/28/2017 Sentencing Hearing pending further order of the Court.

U.S. District Court

[FONT=&amp]Case title: USA v. Heilbron[/FONT]

06/19/2017 81 ORDER by District Judge William P. Johnson granting 80 MOTION to Continue the July 11, 2017 Sentencing Date filed by Roy Heilbron. Sentencing is reset from 7/11/2017 to 8/28/2017 at 1:30 PM in Albuquerque - 540 Bonito Courtroom before District Judge William P. Johnson. THIS IS A TEXT ONLY ENTRY. THERE ARE NO DOCUMENTS ATTACHED. (rwg) (Entered: 06/19/2017)

08/07/2017 82 MOTION to Continue AUGUST 28, 2017 SENTENCING DATE/PERMISSION TO TRAVEL by Roy Heilbron. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit, # 2 Exhibit)(Marks, Donald) (Entered: 08/07/2017)

08/09/2017 84 ORDER by District Judge William P. Johnson DENYING 82 Motion for Continuance of Sentencing Date and DENYING Permission to Travel as to Roy Heilbron. Defendant Heilbron and his attorney shall be present, in person, for the sentencing hearing on August 28, 2017, at 1:30 p.m., MST. (kg) (Entered: 08/09/2017)

08/18/2017 85 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by Roy Heilbron (Marks, Donald) (Entered: 08/18/2017)

08/23/2017 89 MINUTE ORDER by District Judge William P. Johnson as to Roy Heilbron vacating the 8/28/2017 Sentencing Hearing pending further order of the Court. (rwg)

Not able to link to documents on Pacer.gov. Registration is required.
Below is the text of the 08/18/2017 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM:

08/18/2017 85 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by Roy Heilbron (Marks, Donald) (Entered: 08/18/2017)

Case 1:15-cr-02030-WJ Document 85 Filed 08/18/17 Page 1 of 4
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW MEXICO (ALBURQUERQUE)
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, :
:
Plaintiff, :
: Criminal No. 15-CR-2030 WJ
v. :
:
ROY HEILBRON, :
:
Defendant. :
DEFENDANT=S SENTENCING MEMORANDUM
Defendant ROY HEILBRON, through counsel, hereby and herewith submits
his Sentencing Memorandum. Defendant retains the right to make comments and
arguments at the sentencing hearing.
PLEA AGREEMENT
The defendant has entered into a plea agreement with the government
pursuant to Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure 11(c)(1)(C). The agreement
provides for a specific sentence of 24 months imprisonment.
The defendant, based on the foregoing is requesting that this court accept the
plea agreement herein.
///
Case 1:15-cr-02030-WJ Document 85 Filed 08/18/17 Page 2 of 4
PRESENTENCE INVESTIGATION
1. Loss Calculation
The defendant has objected to the intended loss and actual loss calculations
set forth in the PSR.
The PSR calculates the intended loss at $2,684.289.67. The probation office
arrives at this amount by taking the total sum billed to insurance companies, i.e.,
$6,039,631.50 and applying a ratio of 44.44% to determine the amount of
defendant's submitted bills that were fraudulent, i.e., $2,684.280.67 which is the
intended loss, according to the probation office.
However, this ratio is based on the premise that Dr. Heilbron worked
legitimately for only 10 hours a day for 5 days a week and an additional 8 hours per
day was fraudulently billed.
Defense counsel is advised that the defendant also worked on Saturdays
(full-time 10 hours) and employed an ultrasound technician and echo technologist,
who performed most of the testing. Thus, the calculation for intended loss by the
probation office is simply not accurate and reliable.
Similarly, the PSR determines that $1,114,973.87 was actually paid to the
defendant and applying the same ratio of 44.44% arrives at an actual loss of
$500,040.26.
Case 1:15-cr-02030-WJ Document 85 Filed 08/18/17 Page 3 of 4
Based on the foregoing, both the intended loss and the actual loss should be
significantly lower because the ratio of 44.44% used by the probation office does not
reflect the increased hours actually spent in treating patients. 1
2. The defendant has also objected to the Specific Offense Characteristic,
Paragraph 55 as follows:
The intended loss, for reasons set forth hereinabove, is not $2,684.280.67. It
is below $1,500.000.00 and therefore only a fourteen level increase is applicable.
3. Adjustment for Role in the Offense, Paragraph 58
The defendant was not an organizer, leader, manager, or supervisor of one or
more other participants. A participant is a person who is criminally responsible for
the commission of the offense. Here, only the defendant committed the offense and
3B1.1 does not apply.
Defendant’s Medical Condition
As previously set forth in defendant’s Motion for a Continuance, the
defendant has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and is arranging for treatment to
begin forthwith in the Santa Fe and/or Albuquerque area. The defendant is
requesting that the defendant be granted additional time to self-surrender so that he
can be able to have his treatment begin before he begins his sentence.
///

1 The ratio may well be in the range of approximately 10% - 20%. Therefore, the actual loss, it can be contended, is no more than $200,000.00 and the intended loss is below $1,500,000.00

Case 1:15-cr-02030-WJ Document 85 Filed 08/18/17 Page 4 of 4

Dated: August 18, 2017
Respectfully submitted,
MARKS & BROOKLIER
By: /s/ Donald B. Marks
DONALD B. MARKS
Attorney for Defendant
ROY HEILBRON

It is just unbelievable as to the way criminals get out of their crimes!

Wonder if all these figures they are quoting are backed up by invoices? If so, why would the PSC (whatever it is) not have had all the facts in front of them to begin with? Such as RH worked on Saturday, he employed an ultrasound technician and an echo technologist.

These statements sound fishy to me. There should have been complaints on incorrect figures way before sentencing time. Am I understanding this information correctly?

I just have to chime in here regarding his medical diagnosis of prostate cancer and his request that treatment begin before serving his sentence...I hope the court is accessing his current medical records to confirm this diagnosis and treatment necessity. Not all prostate cancer needs treatment so quickly or ever. Depending on the details of the diagnosis, many men can do active surveillance...keeping a close eye on the tumor with imaging, guided (not random) biopsies and PSA tests...for years. My husband is coming up on ten years.

Of course, many men opt for immediate surgery to remove their prostate on the recommendation of their urologist, who may not be willing or informed enough to explore other options. Some men are afraid to live with any amount of cancer in their body. But I would expect a doctor with an alternative holistic medical practice to research his options carefully before jumping into possibly unnecessary life-changing treatment. That's the course of wisdom for any man with this diagnosis.

Naturally, the court cannot prevent the doctor from undergoing whatever treatment he chooses, even if it's not immediately necessary. But given his history, I can't help but wonder if his treatment is really urgent enough to postpone serving his sentence. JMO

One of many articles on the subject of overtreatment of prostate cancer...
[video]http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/18/health/prostate-cancer-overtreament/index.html[/video]

From the sentencing memorandum...
3B1.1 does not apply.
Defendant’s Medical Condition
As previously set forth in defendant’s Motion for a Continuance, the
defendant has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and is arranging for treatment to
begin forthwith in the Santa Fe and/or Albuquerque area. The defendant is
requesting that the defendant be granted additional time to self-surrender so that he
can be able to have his treatment begin before he begins his sentence.
BBM

Not able to link to documents on Pacer.gov. Registration is required.
Below is the text of the 08/18/2017 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM:
Thank you SeesSeas....very informative.
snipped for brevity: "Therefore, the actual loss, it can be contended, is no more than $200,000.00 and the intended loss is below $1,500,000.00"

Wow, wow, wow....sad state of affairs when an attorney can claim, my client's intended theft was less than 1.5 million smackaroo but he wasn't very good at his thief and only got away with an amount closer to 200 thousand smackaroos!!! wow, wow, wow... and now, my client now has extenuating health issues and he needs to take care of them first.
My head is bursting with cliches:
First do no harm Primum non nocere....I think that should also refer to financial harm as well?
and as NIN succinctly stated KARMA.... (It is actually a part of the Hippocratic Oath, in translated form)
Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I transgress it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me.
Just shaking my head. I wonder if it really makes a difference at sentencing, if an "unarmed clumsy bank robber, " gets away with only $900 when he really wanted to steal $20,000?

I think this was only a matter of time, but nonetheless, well done Florida DOH.
THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED AND ADJUDGED: Respondent's license to practice medicine in the State of Florida is hereby REVOKED.

"" A suspension allows the doctor to eventually return to practice, given they fully comply with the medical board’s demands (and a return to practice can take 5 to 10 years). With a revocation, there is almost no possibility of returning to practice."
I just wish TS's patients had some clarity on what happened to their medical records.
Great question LegallyBland..Nobody wants their private medical information compromised and disclosed.....unless of course (tongue-in-cheek) you are facing a prison sentence and want to make sure the prosecutor and judge know you have a recent diagnosis of prostate cancer? (It is amazing what some will disclose when sentencing comes-a-knockin')
(I'm sure I'll take some heat for not being sympathetic to his individual situation. However, I do have sympathy for all of his innocent patients, whose medical records were altered and were scammed out of their hard earned money. They were victims of his greed.)

This guy is an idiot. Seems he may not have prostate cancer afterall.
A federal grand jury recently returned indictments against Roy G. Heilbron, 54, for making false statements and obstruction of justice for presenting false documents concerning his own medical condition in an effort to postpone or avoid sentencing on his earlier charges, according to a news release from the U.S. Department of Justice.

[...]

He told the probation officer in an email that he was seeking treatment in Costa Rica because he wanted to be treated by a holistic doctor and to save on costs for the chemotherapy treatment because he did not have health insurance, according to an affidavit from an FBI special agent in Albuquerque.

Heilbron also claimed that a delay in treatment could result in his death.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1060286/fraudulent-doctor-faces-new-charges.html

But the FBI agent wrote that the Florida address Heilbron provided for the doctor was not real, and that a receptionist at the clinic in Costa Rica said no doctor named Oscar Paniagua was listed in its directory.

A doctor by the same name in Texas said Heilbron was never a patient, according to the FBI agent.

The agent also wrote that data on an electronic document detailing Heilbron’s treatment protocol showed Heilbron was the author of the file.

The FBI arrested Heilbron in Charlotte, N.C., on Aug. 19

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...cle_1ecdbe6f-11b7-5623-87fb-7780cf82dec2.html

LEGALLYBLAND OMG, wow, wow, wow!! Of course Rob Roy is an idiot, to us. (A brilliant WS'er, like you, knows to keep digging deeper for info and never take the words of a perp without verification.) The actual problem is that he thinks everyone else are idiots; his patients, the banks, his attorneys, the courts, etc. This guy is a "serial con" and will say and do whatever he wants to get through the current "problem" without thinking about the consequences of his actions. He probably paid for access to TS's medical records, his expensive office, and legal fees with the loan he managed to get from the bank, too!! This guy is living proof of OPM=Other People's Money at work. The Feds responsible for setting/recommending his sentencing guidelines will take this new information into consideration......Earlier I wrote my mind was bursting with cliches. Let me add another a few more, okay?:
Cheaters are repeaters.
and
Some will rob you with a six-gun,
And some with a fountain pen.
(The guy who uses a fountain pen will get a lot more money, ruin your future and spend a lot less time in jail!)
PS...He used the name of a doctor he may have encountered in the past, but the doc is not a urologist based in Central America.

Hey LegallyBland US News just posted the story on Dr.Roy a couple of hours ago!
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-of-faking-cancer-records-to-delay-sentencing
Also wanted to encourage all to read the "whole article" linked by LegallyBland in the Santa Fe New Mexican authored by Justin Horwath. He did a really great job in explaining Dr. Roy's attempt to deceive the US Attorney's office. Originally "....Heilbron agreed to a two-year prison sentence and to pay restitution" and now because of his latest deception, now faces up to 15 years for making false statements and 30 years for obstruction of justice.
Go figure....
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...cle_1ecdbe6f-11b7-5623-87fb-7780cf82dec2.html

Thanks for the link IQ. I just can't believe he thought the FBI wouldn't check out his medical diagnosis.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-of-faking-cancer-records-to-delay-sentencing
Also wanted to encourage all to read the "whole article" linked by LegallyBland in the Santa Fe New Mexican authored by Justin Horwath. He did a really great job in explaining Dr. Roy's attempt to deceive the US Attorney's office. Originally "....Heilbron agreed to a two-year prison sentence and to pay restitution" and now because of his latest deception, now faces up to 15 years for making false statements and 30 years for obstruction of justice.
Go figure....

30 years sounds great to me

Go figure....

The article said he was rearrested on Aug.28. I hope he does not get bail because I bet he would flee since he was caught.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back