P.I. Casey denies he knew where Caylee's remains were

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BC has no interest in saving JB's skin.

I think JB is the 6 ft white rabbit in the room. The only reason I can think he wanted to get to the remains ahead of LE would be to remove the duct tape. There, I've said it!
Yeah, that was a weird little exchange.

DC had to have been alluding to Jose as being the person who wanted to be notified before LE if the remains were found. Who else would be subject to privilege, causing DC to go off the record?

Jose just dropped from incompetent to slimeball.

DC had to have been alluding to Jose as being the person who wanted to be notified before LE if the remains were found. Who else would be subject to privilege, causing DC to go off the record?

That convo was certainly interesting wasn't it? JB is the only person I can think of that would fit here.

I am so glad you posted this! That was one of the most interesting parts of the interview, to me, and I totally agree that he MUST have been talking about Baez, because of privilege. Wonder what he told Dominic to do if he found the remains...

I want to know what JWG and Bond make of this interview

I just read the interview with DC. All I can say is, "WOW!" The patience of LE and the FBI through this whole thing has just been unbelievable. They just want the truth. They really are the good guys. (I've known that all along)

It gave me a headache, I can imagine how frustrated JA/NS were.

God, do these people not care what Caylee went through in her last moments? I just can't stomach the whining and temper tantrums that they are in some way being inconvenienced or put out to bring justice. Their house was tore up...they had to clean some carpets. I would have been on my hands and knees scrubbing if it brought some answers. I would give my life for the answers.

I hope it's OK to give a snippet from the docs in case those reading want to view the info discussed:

NS: Was there ever an occasion where you had any contrary instructions, if, if you had found the remains of Caylee Anthony? I mean was everybody on board with if you found Cay...Caylee Anthony, yeah (affirmative), you were going to call 911 and the proper steps would, would have taken place?

DC: With who are you talking about?

NS: Anybody, I'm just, I'm just curious. I mean if you ever had an opportunity where somebody had, had talk, you know, said anything to you that would have been contrary to that?

DC: Yes.

NS: Somebody had said something that was contrary to that?

DC: Yes.

NS: Who was that individual, or individuals? Was it somebody within the Anthony house?

DC: No.

NS: Is it somebody working on behalf of the Anthony's?

DC: No.

NS: Well who was...

DC: No, I'll tell you right out. I'll tell you right out.

NS: Okay.

DC: I'll tell your right, right out. Uhm...

NS: We can stop for a second if you would like to, to...

At this point the interview stops being recorded.. then JA says

... Uh, there were things you had some concern that might, that might be privi.. uh, that might be privileged information that you were going to provide. Is that correct?

Then we get no more information on who this person might be.

But, he wasn't working for Baez anymore so how could that be privileged? Also, how did Baez know he was even out there searching for Caylee, DC said no one knew outside of the psychic, himself and Hoover.....though we have come to learn that Cindy had "people" there searching those day, so she was the one that sent him.

When did DC go visit with Casey?

I looking for the date. You notice how many times LE asks DC about that? Sounds to me like LE think he got the info to search on Suburban from her. They certainly aren't buying he was checking out the Kio M and teenage slash psychic angle.

But, he wasn't working for Baez anymore so how could that be privileged? Also, how did Baez know he was even out there searching for Caylee, DC said no one knew outside of the psychic, himself and Hoover.....though we have come to learn that Cindy had "people" there searching those day, so she was the one that sent him.

A legal eagle can correct me, but I think anything DC learned during the time Baez employed him is priviledged.

Wow...just Wow...I had to break this into sections cause every page made me wanna puke! GOD bless NS and JA and the rest of them that are blessed with patience to do thier jobs so beautifully. I am seriously seeing visions of BC and DC and they aren't pretty.

Maybe Baez gave him instructions when he was still employed? I do not know, but if it wasn't Baez I would love to hear any Websleuther's ideas as to who it might be.

I loved how Det Allen told DC that he was asking him questions they already knew the answer to. The second interview should be very interesting.

For anyone that doesn't know. Nick Savage also worked the Trenton Ducket and Jessica Lunsford cases. He actually flew to Georgia and interviewed Couey himself.

The fact that Nick S sat in on this interview with John A tells me this was a very serious interview.

There was no date associated with the question.

Stealing tragco's transcript (thank you!), the question was posed as:

NS: Was there ever an occasion where you had any contrary instructions, if, if you had found the remains of Caylee Anthony? I mean was everybody on board with if you found Cay...Caylee Anthony, yeah (affirmative), you were going to call 911 and the proper steps would, would have taken place?

Sounds like the "occasion" was during the time that ol' Dominic was working for Baez. After he left Baez' employ on October 1st, he was then employed by the Anthony family. Apparently an earlier, personal letter agreement with Casey dated in September is also still in effect, although Baez blocked all contact with her shortly after DC left his employ.

There is no privilege applicable to DC's communications with the Anthonys (he said it wasn't them), or with Casey (with whom he hasn't been in contact for months).

The fact that his response was made off the record points directly to Baez or one of his staff, with whom the privilege restriction did apply. Sounds to me as if DC was uncertain as to whether he could answer the question without being in breach.

I think maybe the judge allowed the transcript to be released specifically because whatever he told the detectives was excluded from the record. Of course, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to draw a conclusion here.

Not that we wouldn't all make great rocket scientists, if only we had the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup
Back