P.I. "Cobra", feels confident there will be a break in case soon #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Pinky, but i sure would like to meet Leland...LOL...

Winter....I would never diss Dog...I love Dog the bounty Hunter....Love Leland even more he is a cutie....lol....

Hold on,I found the homepage,have to find the audios.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/4091345.php

With all due respect I listened to those audio, and I saw no mention of anybody saying that TN planted evidence and that they found something and didn't turn it in to police. I saw that something was turned in to investigators in the case. I also so no mention of a reward and them trying to get it.

Unless I missed something. Which is totally possible considering the hour.

Please, no one take offense to what I am about to say. It is a general comment.
When the disappearance of a missing child is being investigated it is no one's business but the professionals involved to get to the "core of the case." Many are curious and have great sympathy regarding this tragedy. I understand that. There is only so much those who are not directly involved in the case should even think they are privy to. This is a very complicated case. It takes team effort to solve cases like this one.
if you are working on this case can you at least tell us do you think she is dead or alive? im praying she is alive with all of my heart .

Good night ladies. Good night Cobra. I am out for the night.
Maybe Haliegh will come home tomorrow.

With all due respect I listened to those audio, and I saw no mention of anybody saying that TN planted evidence and that they found something and didn't turn it in to police. I saw that something was turned in to investigators in the case. I also so no mention of a reward and them trying to get it.

The reward of Haleigh is I believe over $30,000 now,Cobra's a bounty hunter.JMO This below was told to us the night before last and then we read it from a reporter on sky.

This was what the reporter said that talked to them...

I had a brief conversation with P.I./Bounty Hunter William “Cobra” Staubs late Thursday as well breaking a week of no contact. With him on this telephone conversation was a man named Marty who says he’s Crystal Sheffield’s father.
Both told me that they have run into difficulties with some low-ranking law enforcement officers. Each claim one female law enforcement official told the men to stop their searches and that they were hampering the investigation. Marty told me over the phone they were threatened with arrest and possible charges of tampering with evidence.
~Go to the middle of the page~

I didn't see that either. I'll go back and look tomorrow. Too tired tonight.

I actually asked Art that in the email I sent him back in response to the one he sent me (along with a slew of other things about the Cobra videos). I haven't heard back yet. (I'm not sure if I scared him in my reply... LOL!) Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow morning, I'll have a reply awaiting me like I did today. :)

I dont see why it should be so hard for him to answer, that's unless he has something to hide, or he's covering Cobra's azz. his response pretty much answered your qustion IMO

I dunno... If he got sent a slew of questions that might have been written in a scary tone his difficulty to respond might have been in reply to the entirety of the thing and not just that one question about about the filming of the one video. It sounds to me like he decided to sleep on it so that he could answer more politely. At least, that's when I find myself writing e-mails like that.

Please, no one take offense to what I am about to say. It is a general comment.
When the disappearance of a missing child is being investigated it is no one's business but the professionals involved to get to the "core of the case." Many are curious and have great sympathy regarding this tragedy. I understand that. There is only so much those who are not directly involved in the case should even think they are privy to. This is a very complicated case. It takes team effort to solve cases like this one.

Please don't take offense to what I'm about to say,but the disappearance of a child,any child in our country is our business.It's every parent's nightmare and could happen to any family in this country.We are not curious and we don't come in a tragedy and take advantage of the situation looking for money and to make a name for ourselves.And LE is more than capable handling a case without GR and a money trail back to Miami.IMO

I can think of a reason -- Cobra was brought in by the custody attorney* of the mother of Haleigh and Junior. (And yes, there is no custody battle as of yet -- but I suspect that is simply because DCY has not released any findings yet).

I wonder if Misty would've been willing to do a re-enactment with LE?

Quite frankly, after what happened with TN in the video in the woods with Cobra, if I were a member of the Cummings family, I'd be VERY leary of having any dealings with Cobra.

If that is the case, seems like they would have been leery when the audio of Cobra narrating his conversation with Ron came out. After that became public it would look like she would want LE to go in the woods with her; not Cobra.

Yup, and after his CNN stint wore out he went to blogging. Getting involved with the ANS case, left him out in the cold with the celebrities he once loved to cover. Now he's in Satsuma covering a missing child. How far the great fall.

Falls are not to bad if you get to participate in helping Haleigh... I understand why it could be difficult for him to see it that way though.

Most of the time it seems like many of the news reports are at least slightly biased. Nancy Grace doesn't seem to be remaining neutral in the Casey Anthony case. So I don't really understand why Art Harris should be punished for not being neutral when no one is neutral when it comes to Casey Anthony.

One thing that I think journalists have to do is protect their sources. In the Cobra video case the state the video was in may have something to do with his source. He violates his source, the source won't give any more information. If indeed Art has fallen to the bottom of the foodchain he's going to keep his sources happy so he can continue to use them for information. He also may not want to blow his source because he wants to keep the source's information exclusive to him.

Bounty Hunters....do they all double in the missing child field?

Thankfully, no... Dog & Co had their say when LP inserted himself into Caylee's case: not a good idea to do so because LE was still actively working the case. (In other words: let LE do their job).

He might have said that just to entice her to do the re-enactment. I wonder why she decided against it. She said she loves Haleigh like her own. If I had a child missing and someone like Cobra was there to help me find her, I just can't imagine not doing a re-enactment of when she went missing. Seems like a logical thing to do.??:waitasec:

Cobra and Kim might have been working this last weekend by going to the car races around there and selling T-shirts with Haleigh's picture and giving away bracelets and taking donations. All of the money is going towards the INVESTIGATION. Which INVESTIGATION...of Ron for the custody case or is it going to Cobra and Kim or is it Crystal that will pocket it? I thought Cobra and Kim were working for FREE????? Report said Crystal and family but I'm sure that Kim and Cobra consider themselves family by now.

The article that I read said they...whoever?...plan to hit every car race and every fair around to do the same thing they were doing this past weekend. Maybe Crystal is trying to get a big amount of money together for when she gets custody of RJ...it won't happen....and she picks Haleigh up and her and her stepbrother/boyfriend head out for parts unknown.

I have an idea that Crystal's attorney is going to end up with egg on her face if she actually plans to take Ron to court for child abuse and custody of RJ.
Sounds like Ron's mom took plenty of pictures of Haleigh's face at different stages after the fall from the monkey bars at school. Her pictures are dated and time stamped.

I found the article (thank you google) that mentioned Cobra leaving when the money runs out:

(Bolding mine)
++++
SATSUMA, FL -- The neighborhood where Haleigh Cummings lived and disappeared has returned back to normal.

But there is one man very visibly and actively out searching the area, a private investigator and bounty hunter from Miami who goes by the name of "Cobra."

William "Cobra" Staubs has been in Satsuma for more than a week. He is searching woods on his own and following up on leads. He says he is making progress.

"Investigators have five weeks working on this, I've had one week and I've caught up...now I have to connect all the dots," says Cobra.

Cobra visited the home of an accused sex offender Friday, and earlier in the week he asked Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin Cummings to re-enact the night Haleigh disappeared.

Cobra is paid partly by an anonymous donor in Miami. He says he will stay in Satsuma until his money runs out.

Also Friday, the Putnam County Sheriff's office told First Coast News that deputies were involved in looking into allegations of child abuse or neglect by Ronald Cummings three times in the last four years.

Found here: http://m.firstcoastnews.com/news.jsp?key=173512&rc=fl_lo
None of the incidents led to criminal charges.

Boy does Cobra like to toot his own horn. Good grief what a braggart. I really have a hard time with people like that. He must have an ego so big he can hardly walk. If he is so great why hasn't he found Haleigh? She is just as gone as she was when she disappeared.

He had no right asking Ron and Misty to reenact the night that Haleigh disappeared. Who the heck does he think he is? If LE thinks it is necessary they will have her do it. Cobra has an excuse for not solving the case now...because Misty wouldn't cooperate.

So Ron was turned in to the sheriff three times in the past four years huh. Gee, I wonder who turned him in! I doubt if the sheriff is going to investigate the same complaints again as they already cleared him of Crystal's complaints. I'll bet they got sick of her reporting child abuse when there wasn't any.

Could be wrong - but I thought his alibi .. such a word,
but I thought he checked out for not being in Satsuma
during time frame Haleigh went missing...?

I wonder if there was anyone to prove that he was at home besides Crystal if that is where he said that he was? He could have zipped to Satsuma and zipped over to where they had planned to leave Haleigh and then on home. I think Crystal said it takes 2 hours or less from Ron's to her house. Not that time consuming a drive.

I emailed Art Harris yesterday concerning the video of TN and COBRA at that dwelling in the woods..There was a reply in my email box this morning.. Below is his reply to me...
Let me add, I posted the email that I sent to him on his site this morning if anyone is interested in reading the questions I presented to him...

"Post this on my website and I will comment for all to see. But I can tell you I shot the Cobra video and it was edited the way it happened, just shortened. Cobra has been there pro bono, and is not working for Picazio, though they do have a relationship, and he’s gotten tips for all sides. I feel confident if he uncovers information that is favorable or unfavorable to either side, he will report it to LE—unlike some unethical investigators in the Anthony case who were hired to spin and allegedly cover up for their clients. tx "

I wonder if there was anyone to prove that he was at home besides Crystal if that is where he said that he was? He could have zipped to Satsuma and zipped over to where they had planned to leave Haleigh and then on home. I think Crystal said it takes 2 hours or less from Ron's to her house. Not that time consuming a drive.

Hopefully they would check further than Crystal.

can someone tell me is Cobra still in Satsuma?
is he actively searching still?
has he been officially sanctioned by LE?
Has LE acknowledged new evidence being found?

Art says he is there pro bono... others say he is there, paid by an unnamed source... he, himself says he is there until he money runs out. So which is it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor