PA - 11 killed, 6 injured in mass shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue, 27 Oct 2018 *guilty, death sentence*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He's reported to have screamed that Jews must die, while shooting at people. So I'm guessing it's more than a possibility.

Also shouldn't this thread be in the rampage section?

He (Bowers - the murderer) was on Gab. Account taken down.

Here's a youtube video -- just scan the images at half-speed to get the feel for his virulence, the audio has the police radio, I think.

Legally, this shooter is sane, imo. Just like the rest of us.

He chose to break the law, to know how to do what he did, he knew right from wrong, and was motivated by hate and extremist ideology, imo.

Please let's not call him the shooter, he is murderer. He knew what he was wrong. His last post on Gab said he didn't care what it looked like. Of course he was legally sane.

“Gab released a statement on Medium, saying that it “unequivocally disavows and condemns all acts of terrorism and violence,” but it has long been welcoming of hate speech on its platform. It says that it contacted law enforcement officials after it was notified that Bowers had a profile on the site, and that it turned over relevant information to them before suspending his account.“

Paypal bans Gab following Pittsburgh shooting

I don't give a DAMN if he has a mental illness. IMO - he should be pulled out of that hospital bed and took to the middle of Pittsburgh and hung or shot. I wish he would have been killed. God Bless the INNOCENT Victims who gathered to pray before being SHOT TO DEATH.

I don't believe in capital punishment, but I do in this case. I also believe in due process.

Maybe we should resume hangings in the town square for criminals like this.

I respectfully disagree. Crowd control mostly. Some will go for the spectacle and howl when he hangs; those who believe he was protecting our country from the "Juuws" will think him a hero and martyr, others will be somber and seeking justice. That is powder keg that will explode.

Last edited:
72 HOURS IN AMERICA

181027235321-72-hours-in-america-split-overlay-tease.jpg

3 HATE-FILLED CRIMES. 3 HATE-FILLED SUSPECTS.

CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos

I have never understood why anyone would have such hatred against Jewish people or anyone for that matter. They have gone through so much persecution already and to see it happen again is beyond heart shattering.

I dont understand either why many in the UN seem to have such extreme disdain against one of our closest allies and supports Palestine or Hamas instead of Israel. It seems Israel and its Jewish people just cant seem to get a break from so many.

This evil murderer had to have such disdain for President Trump who's own daughter is married to a Jewish man and PT has Jewish grandchilren and the entire family is of Jewish faith.

I cant understand why any hate speech of any kind is allowed. Why is it always discovered after something horrific has happened?

Even last week I saw Louis Farakan continuing to spew his anti semitic bile. Why is that even allowed or for anyone who speaks of hatred against anyone no matter who they are?

I am all for free speech but when it incites nothing but hatred against anyone then it crosses the line and becomes dangerous.

There has to be a line that cant be crossed. Anyone spewing hatred and making threats of any kind against anyone shouldn't be allowed to do so imo.

This evil murderer should have been on the police's radar long ago. His hateful rhetoric was the same as ISIS terrorists online who spew their own hateful views and threats of harm.

God bless all who were so senselessly taken by this monster of hate. I pray all injured will fully recover from the injuries he inflicted.

Jmo

Last edited:
The pressers have been so dignified. It has been so long since we have seen leadership lead - in a manner that there positions demand.

Articulate, educated , with grace and compassion.

It was soothing and helpful - it is shame that is not what my children are typically observing on SM.

As more info has come out I was shocked to discover the direct role all the hysteria about a couple of thousand disenfranchised men, women, and infants, on foot, 1200 miles away, had on yesterday's slaughter.

Last edited:
From briefing this morning (Sunday 10/28):
  • Slain victims were all 50 and older, included a husband and wife, and 2 brothers, one woman was in her 90s
  • US ADA, Mayor, ME, Public Safety Director, Chief of Police, Director of Jewish Federation, FBI Special Agent in Charge participated
  • 2 injured officers have been released, 2 remain in the hospital
  • FBI: crime scene may take a week to process, area surrounding synagogue may be closed that long as well
  • Mayor: Won’t try to understand these acts, will work to eradicate it
  • All the weapons shooter brought into the synagogue were used, 1 assault weapon and 3 glocks
  • Treated as a hate crime, not domestic terrorism at this time, no indication that there were any accomplices
  • 3 congregations were meeting in that facility, shooter attacked members of all 3, victims found in 3 different locations
  • Estimated the incident lasted 20 minutes
  • Initial shots at 9:45, call went out at 9:54
  • Shooter in fair condition at Allegheny Hospital
  • Autopsies happening now, ME working with the Jewish officials to word to adhere to Jewish tradition regarding deceased
  • Lots of shots fired, casings everywhere
  • Looking for surveillance video now
  • Mayor: commented on DJT’s calls for armed guards, said it is these shootings are acts of irrational behavior, should not try to mitigate, but eradicate, take the guns out of the hands of these irrational individuals
  • Mayor: Pittsburgh feeling outpouring of support from across the world, let this episode be another mark in the March of humanity that we are all one

Last edited:
One of most heartbreaking comments made during the briefing this morning, I am not able to attribute it to the specific speaker but possibly the mayor (see video in post above), was that one of the murdered victims was a woman in her late 90’s, who no doubt was alive and aware during the time Jews were being persecuted in Nazi Germany, only to be killed yesterday in the USA for being a Jew. No words.

Last edited:
Slain victims named:
Live updates: Mass shooting at Pittsburgh synagogue - CNN
  • Joyce Fienberg, 75, Oakland neighborhood, Pittsburgh
  • Richard Gottfried, 65, Ross Township
  • Rose Mallinger, 97, Squirrel Hill neighborhood, Pittsburgh
  • Jerry Rabinowitz, 66, Edgewood Borough
  • Cecil Rosenthal, 59, and David Rosenthal, 54, brothers, Squirrel Hill
  • Bernice and Sylvan Simon, 84 and 86, married, Wilkinsburg
  • Daniel Stein, 71, Squirrel Hill, Pittsburgh
  • Melvin Wax, 88, Squirrel Hill, City of Pittsburgh
  • Irving Younger, 69, Mount Washington neighborhood, Pittsburgh

Last edited:
One of most heartbreaking comments made during the briefing this morning, I am not able to attribute it to the specific speaker but possibly the mayor (see video in post above), was that one of the murdered victims was a woman in her late 90’s, who no doubt was alive and aware during the time Jews were being persecuted in Nazi Germany, only to be killed yesterday in the USA for being a Jew. No words.

I didn’t see or hear the briefing, but those were my exact thoughts. We may well hear that she and her family escaped the Nazis only to come to America and die because of her religion. This is sickening!!!

The problem isn’t just Twitter or Facebook where you can get banned, but websites like or gab.ai where anything goes. Anything.

There are 11 people who’ll never see their children and grandchildren and friends again because gab.ai gave a hater, now murderer/terrorist, a platform to spew his hatred and connect with other haters the world over.

The over 900 known hate groups are monitored by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Hate Map

Check out their “hate map” to see who’s operating in your area. These are the known groups. And then there’s the internet.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220
Back