Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest* #2 (missing again 23 July 2018)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm very surprised they named the other two underage girls. Especially that they also report the faculty is associated with sexual abuse.

I'm very surprised they named the other two underage girls. Especially that they also report the faculty is associated with sexual abuse.

I don't believe that AY or KE have admitted to a relationship of that nature.

I'm not sure what you mean? Regardless if they admitted anything or not, I am saying the media named the two other underage girls that she was with. And naming underage children should be a no no.

I'm not sure what you mean? Regardless if they admitted anything or not, I am saying the media named the two other underage girls that she was with. And naming underage children should be a no no.

They were named because they were originally missing. It's common to report minors names when they are missing. Also reporting minors names is allowed under the First Amendment.

Kevin Esterly, who fled to Mexico with Allentown teen, pleads guilty

The man accused of fleeing to Mexico with an Allentown teenager is facing up to five years behind bars.

Kevin Esterly, 45, pleaded guilty Thursday afternoon to one charge of corruption of a minor. Two felony charges against Esterly were dropped.

The plea deal came during a status conference in Lehigh County court.

During the hearing, Esterly said he went to Cancun with Yu because she said she was going to run away. He said the whole trip was her idea.

He is set to be sentenced in December.

Kevin Esterly and Allentown teen he fled to Mexico with told police their relationship was innocent

"The 16-year-old told investigators she bought her own ticket to Cancun because she was running away from home. When she revealed her plans to Esterly, who had already been warned by Allentown police to stay away from the teen, he bought his own plane ticket and they flew off together March 5, Chief Deputy District Attorney Matthew Falk said.

The 46-year-old Esterly told authorities he went with Yu to protect her, while Yu told investigators he was like a father to her, Falk said.

“She emphatically denied any sexual relationship with him,” he said. “And she said she was planning on going there anyway.”

yeah right.... But she stuck to her story and the plead deal was reached.

"Dantos, who will sentence Esterly on Dec. 10, did not find Esterly’s explanations believable.

“If it is as innocent as you want us to believe, why didn’t you clear that with her mother?” Dantos asked about going to Mexico with Yu. “Why did you not stay away from her when police told you?

“When you say Amy is like one of your children, that’s not true, is it?” Dantos continued. “You didn’t take them out of the country. You didn’t take them out of school secretly. I’m fairly certain you know where I’m going with this.”

Esterly told the judge that he wished he could fix everything.

Dantos said she wants Esterly to think about his responses the next time they see each other for sentencing."

So he will not have to register as a sex offender and a risk to children I'm assuming?
I do not believe so (shaking my head).

Here is the charge Esterly has pleaded guilty to:

“Sec. 6301. Corruption of minors.
(a) Offense defined.--
(1) (i) Except as provided in subparagraph (ii), whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any act corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime, or who knowingly assists or encourages such minor in violating his or her parole or any order of court, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.”
Title 18

And it isn’t included in the list of the offenses that currently require registration as a sex offender under PA law:

https://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/InformationalPages/CrimesCode

Esterly admitted Thursday to a charge of corruption of minors, a first-degree misdemeanor that can land him behind bars for up to five years. As part of the guilty plea, two felony charges against him were withdrawn, including one that would have required him to register as a sex offender for 15 years.

Kevin Esterly and Allentown teen he fled to Mexico with told police their relationship was innocent

So you take someone else's child across the border to another country, and only face 5 years?!?! This is awful. Maybe prosecution should wait for the victim to receive counseling, and come to terms with what happened to her so she can then testify against him. I don't think it's been long enough time for her to realize she was taken advantage of. IMO, she's young, feels like she's in love, but we as adults know he is in the wrong. With time, and growth, I think she'll eventually see how wrong this was as well.

So sad. If only given 5 yrs, and if he gets time off for time already served or good behavior, he could be out very soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back