Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest* #2 (missing again 23 July 2018)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know everyone would have liked to see him get more time, but this is probably the best that could be done. Since Amy isn't cooperating with police and didn't roll over on KE, LE just had no evidence of a sexual relationship (even though we all know there was one). So all that is left is the interference with custody. Honestly, I was concerned he might walk away with out any more jail time. Who knows what will happen to him. He has destroyed his relationship with his own family. I really feel bad for them, especially with Christmas coming up. As for Amy, she needs to start taking some responsibility for herself and realize her actions are hurting a lot of other people. Hopefully she can get (and accept) the counseling that she needs and get her life back on track before its too late.

I know everyone would have liked to see him get more time, but this is probably the best that could be done. Since Amy isn't cooperating with police and didn't roll over on KE, LE just had no evidence of a sexual relationship (even though we all know there was one). So all that is left is the interference with custody. Honestly, I was concerned he might walk away with out any more jail time. Who knows what will happen to him. He has destroyed his relationship with his own family. I really feel bad for them, especially with Christmas coming up. As for Amy, she needs to start taking some responsibility for herself and realize her actions are hurting a lot of other people. Hopefully she can get (and accept) the counseling that she needs and get her life back on track before its too late.

I respect your opinion and agree with almost everything you have written here PrairieWind. The one thing I disagree with is that AY needs to realize her actions hurt people and take responsibility. She was possibly groomed by this creep since she was 7 years old! AY likely needs extensive counseling to even realize that she has been a victim of Esterly. I do agree that she will need to be responsible for her life soon as she is close to being an adult out on her own. I hope she realizes the extent of the damage Esterly did to her and others with the secrets and lies and I hope AY gets help to get her life on track.

Kevin Esterly timeline: Secrets, suspicions, then one-way tickets

I respect your opinion and agree with almost everything you have written here PrairieWind. The one thing I disagree with is that AY needs to realize her actions hurt people and take responsibility. She was possibly groomed by this creep since she was 7 years old! AY likely needs extensive counseling to even realize that she has been a victim of Esterly. I do agree that she will need to be responsible for her life soon as she is close to being an adult out on her own. I hope she realizes the extent of the damage Esterly did to her and others with the secrets and lies and I hope AY gets help to get her life on track.

Kevin Esterly timeline: Secrets, suspicions, then one-way tickets
I agree. I didn’t state that well. No doubt there was grooming going on for a long while. I didn’t properly take that into consideration in my statement .

I agree. I didn’t state that well. No doubt there was grooming going on for a long while. I didn’t properly take that into consideration in my statement .

Thank you. I just figured you might not be aware of how long Esterly knew AY and the extent of the grooming that may have taken place. It's easy to look at this case and only have seen info about what lead up to the pair fleeing to Mexico. AY stealing money from her mom to take to Mexico is an example where I think most 16 year olds would know that was wrong and most should be held accountable for a theft like that. But I believe Esterly had her good and brainwashed by that point. I think she is already paying the consequences for everything that has happened-- and will have to live with it for the rest of her life. JMO.

Ugh.

“The Lehigh Valley man who made international headlines in 2018 for running away to Mexico with a teenage girl appears to be in more legal trouble, less than nine months after he was paroled from state prison.

Kevin Esterly, 50, of Bethlehem, was issued a summons by Pennsylvania State Police for harassment and physical contact, according to court documents.”

Ugh.

“The Lehigh Valley man who made international headlines in 2018 for running away to Mexico with a teenage girl appears to be in more legal trouble, less than nine months after he was paroled from state prison.

Kevin Esterly, 50, of Bethlehem, was issued a summons by Pennsylvania State Police for harassment and physical contact, according to court documents.”
I'm honestly kind of horrified that he's allowed to see his kids.

According to state police, Esterly pushed a man during a child custody exchange. State Police said Esterly fled before troopers arrived, and no one was hurt.

The article also states that the ex wife's attorney says this won't violate Esterly's parole, and that "Esterly has been helpful financially to the family". The tone seems to be not to send him back to prison because his financial contribution is useful. No judgment of the family, who are also victims, but this does make my skin crawl.

The article also states that the ex wife's attorney says this won't violate Esterly's parole, and that "Esterly has been helpful financially to the family". The tone seems to be not to send him back to prison because his financial contribution is useful. No judgment of the family, who are also victims, but this does make my skin crawl.
Unfortunately his ex-wife is in denial and also needs the money. K.E. rented an apartment as soon as A.Y. turned 16 and took her out of school 10 times after that pretending to be the stepfather, I am sure they needed the apartment for bonding and chatting

Unless he has been a threat to his kids, which I don't think we have heard of, he is going to likely have joint custody and visitation. There is very little I saw about what happened with this shoving incident, so its hard to tell how serious it was. I"m not sure what to make of it. I just hope he is NOwhere near AY anymore.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back