Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know the time of the flight. He is buying tickets at the last minute. The plane he did get on was full and he had to ask some passengers to move around so they could sit together. The world being what it is, we can't assume he automatically got on the next available flight with complete convenience. You have add at least 2 hours to ditch (sold) the car after he was last seen and get to the airport. Another hour to wait in line to buy tickets on the next available flight. I checked the Schedule and there are quite a few departures from PHL to DFW during the day. But travel traffic between the two cities is heavy. One could easily justify that It could have taken a whole day just to get to Dallas. Then a night to figure out what to do next. The Police could have AY phone as evidence. That means KE has his phone with access to his infamous FB account that he and his wife fought over. LE knows that he is checking in once and a while to see what is going on. His FB profile is private but those already on his friends list are giving him what for (by some reports much like Louie Jakab). If I were him I would only turn my phone on, if and only if, I were about to move to a new location. When his phone is on, It will ping the nearest cell phone tower. This can be tracked by LE. What makes this hard for LE is that he doesn't have a credit card to track. He is cash only. But sooner or later he is going to have to ask for help. Just like Tad Cummins. (Game of Marco Polo anyone?)

OOOH, excellent point! He may have SOLD the car, which explains why LE hasn't found it yet. Did KE buy another car in Dallas?

My point about the flight times is that they got out of Philly quickly, most likely before the case hit the news. So everyone in Philly is looking for them, but they were already in Dallas.

Rodnester - we are on the same wavelength

Borndem - I really can't think what he is thinking. I'll only repeat myself in my post up thread I don;t think the destination from Philly was Dallas. - it was Mexico. IMO. TNo direct flight, they pass though Dallas as a connection. Something happens in Dallas stopping the next board to continue to Mexico (the comment posted may not be totally accurate). So now he is left to come up with an alternate plan in Dallas.

As I was thinking \there are two more things that support the PHL-DFW-Mexico connection. Part is what Rodnester says, why would he want to risk getting tickets last minute in Philly (successful) then risk doing the same thing in Dallas, all under time pressure? Just one purchase to Mexico (look it up) Second Dallas seems to be further away than other Texas cities in the opinion of other posters. So Dallas makes no sense unless it was a stopover IMO. .he is probably on plan B or C.

All this will be detailed when they are caught (they will) and the truth comes out. I may be totally off. But IMO they are still in the US. I'll stop being a broken record now.

Upthread about 5 pages, I was also wondering "why Dallas", and not knowing more about KE, I can't draw any firm conclusions.

I'm 50-50 right now as to whether traveling to Mexico was their plan. They may have chosen Dallas for another reason - first flight out with availability, planning to camp out so need to be somewhere that's not too cold, or because KE knows someone there. It could just be because Texas is big and it's easy to hide there.

The advantages of Mexico are that it's cheaper to live there and it's somewhat more complicated to bring KE to justice from there. The disadvantages are having to exchange currency, not knowing your way around, and the possible language barrier (less of a problem in border towns.)

I think the U.S. is a better bet for avoiding capture. Look how long Tad Cummins was able to do so, even with all of the doofus things he did.

Because then LE could track him.

LE has said that they are following media reports of them, so it sounds like he is using that info to determine where they go. If he were to rent a car, a credit card would be required. He would know that LE would be tracking his credit card and could therefore determine his location (at least at the time of rental) and therefore one step closer. He probably has also taken into account that rental companies typically have newer model cars with gps installed that could also be tracked. That’s why I was thinking a Greyhound bus to the Mexico border would be the best scenario for them to go under the radar. That or someone he knows and trusts in Dallas that could drive them.

My biggest question in all of this (and others have mentioned the same) is what are his long term for the two of them? I mean, say he really thinks they’ll make off scot free and no one finds ever them...then what? They start a whole new life somewhere and live happily ever after? What is he thinking???

That was my point. If they knew he took a flight to Dallas, then there would be no secrets given away by renting a car in Dallas. Except for where the car ended up, which could be in Mexico.

I have a feeling that they are already at their destination. They made a quick dash after the bus stop to the Philly airport and got on a flight to Dallas. Upon arriving I bet they took a bus straight to Mexico before LE could even get the word out to stop them. I also think that he was in a hurry to leave Monday because our area was forecasted to get a big snowstorm Tuesday into Wednesday. He probably figured if they didn't fly out soon that flights could be cancelled. He may have been feeling that the whole situation was being discovered.

I agree, except for the bus to Mexico. Busses are slow and often checked by LEOs. That would not be a quick getaway. It appears to be about a 13 hour bus ride from Dallas to any destinations in Mexico. I don't picture them sitting on a bus for 13 hours.

That was my point. If they knew he took a flight to Dallas, then there would be no secrets given away by renting a car in Dallas. Except for where the car ended up, which could be in Mexico.

The assumption is that he does not have a credit card needed to rent a car. The family went through a ch 7 bankruptcy in 2013.

I am more than a little surprised that he actually got her on an airplane. I wonder if he did have fake ID's?

How did he get a 16 year old on a plane without her parents permission? Even if she took her birth certificate that should have raised more red flags since he's not her father. Maybe they just got lucky but it sure was a risky move. Even if they hadn't been reported missing they could have easily been "caught" at the airport.

I almost couldn't get on with my BABY because I didn't have his birth certificate to prove his age. However, maybe that was more a money thing and they don't care if they paid for the seat. (I was flying on a non full flight and just using an empty seat to put his car seat in so he was technically a lap baby.)

It doesn't sound like it was scheduled in advance though since they were asking people to move so they could sit together. Unless that airline doesn't have assigned seating, which is certainly possible too.

What destination would cause the least amount of questioning? Somewhere that she fits in, or somewhere that he fits in? Man... I'm too much of a wuss to try something like this so I can never get in these guys heads to figure out what they might do.

There are no requirements that minors have parental permission to fly. If 16 year old has an ID and a ticket, they can get on a plane. She had an ID, and a ticket.

Unaccompanied minor service is not available for children ages 15 and older. Young adults ages 15 to 17 may travel alone on any United- or United Express-operated flight.

Information About Children Traveling Alone _ United Airlines

I have read that if you travel into Mexico more than 25 km from the US border that you need a visa. I would think that would require some documentation concerning AY upon arrival. I would be absolutely shocked if she were able to enter another country on her passport with a guy that is not her father. Not saying it didn't or can't happen but I have trouble wrapping my mind around it.

As you said, you need a visa to travel more than 25 kilometers from the border. You do not need one to travel less than 25 kilometers into Mexico. Anyway she has her passport with her, so she could get a tourist card in Mexico to stay in Mexico for 180 days.

I would think that the bus lines operating in the area would be alerted to be on the lookout as well as stepped up surveillance now the Homeland Security is involved. And wouldn't the same rules apply to bus passengers as planes?

(and I think that was announced in the media to communicate that message to KE and LE still thinks they are on this side of the border. Otherwise why make a big deal out of it if they are on the other side?)

Yeah, they probably were, days later. When did Homeland Security first get involved? It sounds like they could have been in Mexico before the girl was even reported missing.

The assumption is that he does not have a credit card needed to rent a car. The family went through a ch 7 bankruptcy in 2013.

Bankruptcy doesn't prevent someone from having a credit card, or at least a debit card.

Yeah, they probably were, days later. When did Homeland Security first get involved? It sounds like they could have been in Mexico before the girl was even reported missing.

The timing of the announcement "days later" is what is important. I'm sure border security was alerted sooner. The fact that the announcement happened WHEN it did means to me anyway that they think they are still on this side of the border.
And announcing it got to KE since they are monitoring the broadcasts.

The timing of the announcement "days later" is what is important. I'm sure border security was alerted sooner. The fact that the announcement happened WHEN it did means to me anyway that they think they are still on this side of the border.
And announcing it got to KE since they are monitoring the broadcasts.

Again they could have been in Mexico before she was even reported missing. So even if Homeland Security got involved Immediately, they would not necessarily have been able to stop them before they left the country.

I knew I should have joined this thread earlier. 26 pages to catch up on this Tad Cummins creep.

I think that’s EXACTLY what he did! So terrible!

OT: I’m widowed with 2 small children (well, 8 & 10 yo). I have made tons of other widow friends and there’s lots of programs, camps, etc. available for the children who have lost their parent in the same manner as we lost my husband. My sweet friends all think I’m crazy for not sending my boys to the sleep away camps and continually emphasizing that “They’re FREE!” My gut keeps telling me no though, at least not at the ages they are, because I KNOW there’s people out there like this sick *advertiser censored* KE who fully take advantage of these kids’ situations and prey on children like them. In reality, I know that 99.99% of the volunteers at these camps are probably just incredibly genuine, caring individuals who want to be a mentor to these kids and a positive male role model, but that 0.01% chance...I just can’t let myself do it.

You sound like an amazing mother. Your boys are lucky to have you and I'm sorry for your loss.

Emi, did you say there was a third person with them on the flight? (I can't find your post now!!)

Emi, did you say there was a third person with them on the flight? (I can't find your post now!!)
There was a person who noticed them on the flight but not flying with them. He was sitting behind them

Bankruptcy doesn't prevent someone from having a credit card, or at least a debit card.

Doesn't seem he had much financial resources to have cards, he was not in a great condition when he left. He had to take $4K from his wife's account, he had no job so likely nothing to draw on for a debit card. If he had a leftover credit card it is probably flagged and would give away their location immediately so doubt he would use it.
In the Frisina case, (soccer teen) LE reported Rodriguez used his father's credit card to pay for motel rooms along the getaway route (fraud I think) so if he has other credit cards (say her mom?) that hasn't been stated. Then the girl AY would have to pose as the mom to use it, still would be flagged.

PA EDOCKET shows a new case filed against him - for $700 or so. Filed 3/13/18 - probably has no money other than the $4k or else he has saved it elsewhere and this has been planned for a longer time frame than we know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't seem he had much financial resources to have cards, he was not in a great condition when he left. He had to take $4K from his wife's account, he had no job so likely nothing to draw on for a debit card. If he had a leftover credit card it is probably flagged and would give away their location immediately so doubt he would use it.
In the Frisina case, (soccer teen) LE reported Rodriguez used his father's credit card to pay for motel rooms along the getaway route (fraud I think) so if he has other credit cards (say her mom?) that hasn't been stated. Then the girl AY would have to pose as the mom to use it, still would be flagged.

They have $4000 from KE's wife's account, whatever other money KE saved, and the money and jewelry AY stole from her mother. They could survive longer than TC and MCET did, assuming they spend frugally.

I'm now thinking (thanks to Rodnester) that KE probably sold the red Honda Accord in the morning, just before they left. He could have arranged to meet a buyer and then caught a cab or taken a bus to the airport. I'm also thinking that he bought another car in Dallas. If he planned ahead, he could even have arranged to meet a private seller the same day they arrived in Dallas. Then he has transportation that LE cannot trace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734