Pennsylvania -
Quakertown >> Bucks County -
Adam Brundage, now 41 -
1 October 2004 -

Adam-Brundage.png

1)) Saucon Source dot Com:
Where is Adam Brundage, Missing from Quakertown Since 2004?Saucon Source

National missing & Unidentified persons system #MP 8110:
2A)) The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
2B)) The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

3)) Charlie Project dot Org:
Adam Brundage – The Charley Project
[Message 6382
Thread 438260]

Last edited:
After Vanishing 16 Years Ago, Daman Smoot Admits to Killing Bucks County Father Adam Brundage

A young father from Bucks County, Pennsylvania, who vanished 16 years ago was murdered by a man who authorities say took over his life.

Adam Brundage went missing in October 2004. Quakertown police investigated his disappearance through November of that year before exhausting leads and eventually closing the case.

In April 2019, authorities reopened the investigation and found evidence tying his former roommate Daman Andrew Smoot to the case. Prosecutors presented Smoot and his attorney with evidence on Jan. 9, 2020. Smoot confessed to beating and suffocating Brundage following an argument at a quarry.

Smoot, 36, pleaded guilty to third degree murder, which carries a sentence of 20 to 40 years in prison.

Quakertown police began investigating Brundage's disappearance after the 26-year-old's ex-girlfriend contacted them to say he was missing. The couple had two young children together and she explained that while Brundage was a recluse that losing contact with him was uncharacteristic behavior.

She also told authorities that Smoot was at Brundage's home on Glen Meadow Court when she stopped by to find him. Smoot told the woman that Brundage was out-of-state, court documents said.

Over a series of conversations with Brundage's family in Iowa and local police, Smoot gave a series of explanations for the man's disappearance. They included stories about Brundage having cancer, being in a drug rehab and not wanting to pay child support, court documents show.

Smoot told Brundage's family that the man had gifted him the home and his 1997 maroon Mercury Cougar, which was described as a "prized possession" of Brundage's.

When authorities reopened the case, there was no employment or financial activity tied to Brundage since he went missing.

In his confession, Smoot told prosecutors that he killed Brundage on Oct. 4, 2004. The two met at Haines and Kibblehouse Quarry in Chalfont so Brundage could buy sand to fix a grading issue at his property.

The men got into a verbal argument. Smoot said he took a baseball bat from his truck and hit Brundage in the back of the head, court documents said. Smoot said he used so much force that Brundage's skill "caved." The injury didn't kill Brundage, Smoot said, so he covered the man's face and nose until he died.

Smoot buried Brundage's body in a berm in the quarry, court documents said. After confessing, he led authorities to the burial site where they recovered Brundage's remains.

Smoot said nothing on Tuesday as he was led to jail by authorities.

Last edited:
I really don't know how to get in touch with anyone to let them know that this poor guys remains have been found and maybe he should be moved to the Located forum? I can't seem to find a Contact Us form or anything? My eyesight isn't all that great so I may be missing it.

I really don't know how to get in touch with anyone to let them know that this poor guys remains have been found and maybe he should be moved to the Located forum? I can't seem to find a Contact Us form or anything? My eyesight isn't all that great so I may be missing it.
Use the Report link.

*** Arrest ***

Found Deceased:
Adam Brundage, Then 26
Quakertown, Bucks County,
Pennsylvania
Since 4 October 2004

Deceased:
Adam Brundage
White / Male / Then 26

Defendant:
Damen Andrew Smoot
White / Male / Now 36
(Born: 23 September 1983)

District Attorney Beginning at 6:00
Defense Attorney Beginning at 22:00

4)) Historically:
Cause of Death :: Blunt Force Trauma & Suffocation
Manner of Death :: Homicide

5)) (Lower) Magisterial District Judge Dockets:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJCourtSummaryReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-07208-CR-0000037-2020&dnh=ExECZJomzM+ckmgCscSJLA==

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-07208-CR-0000037-2020&dnh=ExECZJomzM+ckmgCscSJLA==

via: Magisterial District Judge Docket Sheet

Check-Back:

6)) (Upper) Court of Common Pleas Dockets:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CourtSummaryReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-46-CR-0004794-2011&dnh=EXazv%2bs6%2f%2bSKQwUNzyZISw%3d%3d

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-46-CR-0004794-2011&dnh=EXazv+s6/+SKQwUNzyZISw==

via:
Common Pleas Docket Sheet

[Contribution # 7079
Thread # 438260]

Last edited:
There's a lot of second-guessing of LE lately...but I will add to it in this case. Ball dropped wayyyy back when. And to this day, too many in LE don't take missing young adults' and "troubled teens" cases seriously enough. MOO.

Sept 14 2020
Roommate sentenced to 20-40 years in 2004 Quakertown cold case murder
HR2SMQUM35C35PO3XSXS4YVHBA.jpg

Daman Andrew Smoot, 37, was sentenced to 20 to 40 years for the murder of Adam Brundage of Quakertown, who was 26 when he vanished in October 2004

''Smoot’s court-appointed attorney, Keith Williams, noted that Brundage’s body would have likely remained hidden without Smoot’s help. Even after nearly 16 years, he was able to direct detectives within 3 feet of the burial site.

“Only someone with a conscience would never forget that,” Williams said.

In the years since Brundage’s disappearance, Smoot has been arrested numerous times. He was sentenced to one to seven years in prison for the sexual assault of a 14-year-old child in 2005, and is currently serving a five-to-10-year term for kidnapping and assaulting a former girlfriend in 2011.

That girlfriend gave detectives an important clue when she recounted statements Smoot often made to her about having a secret that he would only tell her after they were married, so that she couldn’t be compelled to testify against him.

Smoot’s sentence for killing Brundage won’t begin until he’s paroled in the 2011 case. As part of the plea deal, he agreed to not appeal the sentence.''

There's a lot of second-guessing of LE lately...but I will add to it in this case. Ball dropped wayyyy back when. And to this day, too many in LE don't take missing young adults' and "troubled teens" cases seriously enough. MOO.
This. Perp seems like a real idiot who gave tons of conflicting statements in 2004 and caved immediately in 2020 over vague accusations from his ex. I have no doubt that he would have collapsed under closer scrutiny back then but I guess since nobody seemed to have cared all that much about Brundage, it was just let slide - as incredible as that sounds about a disappearing person and another person moving into that vacancy. Even if there were no loved ones to gain closure, it would have spared Smoot's later victims suffering from his continued presence in society.

I remember reading about this case as I went through the disappearance database. It was one of those cases that, in my opinion, was plain obvious who did it. I mean come on LE. This guy Smoot gave dozens of different stories and is anyone going to believe that Brundage would ‘gift’ his home and car to this guy and just run away. If he was looking to start a new life wouldn’t he need the money from the sale of home and car? I have seen time and time again in these cases where LE seems to just not care and when asked for an explanation as to why they closed the case they usually always say ‘We just don’t have any evidence or proof’. Lean on the guy! He broke like a rotten tree in a high wind the first time he was really leaned on. They should have done this 16 years ago. At least his family has some kind of closure. Now if we can get LE interested in all of the hundreds of MP cases where the wife or girlfriend ‘went for a walk’ and disappeared or my personal favorite ‘I went to sleep and woke up and she was just gone’...something might get accomplished.

ETA - All opinions are my own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katarinadil
Back