PA PA - Amanda DeGuio, 24, Drexel Hill, 7 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok lets go back to the beginning?

Who last saw her?

How would she get to Philly from Drexel Hill without a car?

Take the L?

http://www.septa.org/maps/transit/mfl.html

For you non Philly people, here is a public transportation map of the famous Market Frankford Elevated train.

You could ride it from 69th street Upper Darby into Philly to the Lower Northeast. I wouldn't recommend it. There is some pretty rough terrain there.

She was last seen by her family after returning from a family trip to Florida. There are unconfirmed sightings of her in the Kensington and Allegheny section of Philadelphia, mostly from people on the street there. I have focused most of my search in this area. It's not a nice neighborhood by any stretch, and is the hub illegal prescription drugs and heroin for most of the city and suburbs. There is little doubt in my mind or her family's that drugs are the cause of this. Tho it is very much out of character that she be away without contact like this.

This location would be troubling. It is the Lower Northeast of Philly, for you people out of the area. I would hope she did not frequent this area at all, much less alone.

http://www.phawker.com/2011/08/23/special-report-the-top-10-drug-corners-2011/

I am just trying to give you guys, who don't live local, some idea of where Amanda lived (Drexel Hill) in the suburbs and that area of Philly (unconfirmed sightings) , and some of the background geographically, since we do not have a lot of information on this case.

I am just trying to give you guys, who don't live local, some idea of where Amanda lived (Drexel Hill) in the suburbs and that area of Philly (unconfirmed sightings) , and some of the background geographically, since we do not have a lot of information on this case.

Im from south jersey I know the area pretty much.

There has to be something...
Who last saw her?
Where did she say she was going?
Who did she leave her children with?
did she work?
Who did she hang out with?

that picture of her in black with that tan was kind of odd.
On her FB.
she has posted she was in a relationship.

Eileen,

I am in the blind on this case, and I don't know the person like chef does. I am just trying to start up some discussion really on anything. Hopefully, someone can get us some more information, and gets some ideas started.

Where is the father of her children?
Is he in the picture at all?

Eileen,

I am in the blind on this case, and I don't know the person like chef does. I am just trying to start up some discussion really on anything. Hopefully, someone can get us some more information, and gets some ideas started.

LOL Me too!
I think something happened to her. And it wont have a happy ending!
I don't think she would have walked away from her kids. but ya never know.

There was a facebook picture with a guy. Maybe that is the dad. If I had to guess, I would think she rode down to the Lower NE with someone. I can't imagine her taking the L down there, but anything is possible. I wouldn't take the L down there myself!

So she couldn't be hiding in plain sight in Havertown?
She's from St. Denis and Haverford High?
Are her daughters living locally?
Hang out at any local bars before she went missing?

Were there any custody issues including visitation or support going on at all? Just trying to get a feel of family life for Amanda at the time. But as Eileen said - going backwards it would be good to know who saw her last.

This part doesn't sound good:

"When DeGuio left her residence she left empty handed, no cell, credit cards, clothing, etc. She has not contacted any family members, and has two children that were left behind with her mother. "
http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2014/11/amanda-deguio-missing-from-phildelphia.html?m=1

if she left without all those things - it indicates to me she either didn't want to be located or left in a real hurry thinking she'd be right back. that's why it would be good to know what she said before leaving. Any cameras around the last place she was seen? Video has been helpful in other cases recently.

Not many "green" areas in Kensington. Old rail right of way along Martha Street and open space between Somerset and Lehigh / Aramingo and 95. Seems to be a large junk yard in there at Tulip and Martha. Go under 95 towards the river and you have all sorts of empty land and old piers.

No body found at this point. If it were a simple robbery, there would be no need to hide a body. I'm guessing she is with someone by free will or force.

I'll try to answer all the questions I can to the best of my ability. The last people to see her were here family. Her mom and sister have the kids. The father is not in the picture. But is unlikely involved in this.

Yes, I understand the danger of the neighborhoods I've been searching. I legally carry concealed. I do normally go by myself as those particular streets are no place for anyone much less her sister and family. The reason my search is focused in K&A is its the only place she's been 'sighted' since her disappearance. She has not been seen by myself or anybody who is truly credible. But, it's the best I have to go on right now. Delco is saturated with people that know her, I also know a number of people who are on drugs and involved in those neighborhoods, they are aware of the reward and I'm fairly certain would come forward with information if it was available.

I'll try to answer all the questions I can to the best of my ability. The last people to see her were here family. Her mom and sister have the kids. The father is not in the picture. But is unlikely involved in this.

Yes, I understand the danger of the neighborhoods I've been searching. I legally carry concealed. I do normally go by myself as those particular streets are no place for anyone much less her sister and family. The reason my search is focused in K&A is its the only place she's been 'sighted' since her disappearance. She has not been seen by myself or anybody who is truly credible. But, it's the best I have to go on right now. Delco is saturated with people that know her, I also know a number of people who are on drugs and involved in those neighborhoods, they are aware of the reward and I'm fairly certain would come forward with information if it was available.

That almost tells me that if she is alive, it would probably be somewhere other than Philly or Delco. I wonder if somehow she was taken to NJ or NY, where no one knows her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw
Back