PA PA - Amanda DeGuio, 24, Drexel Hill, 7 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That almost tells me that if she is alive, it would probably be somewhere other than Philly or Delco. I wonder if somehow she was taken to NJ or NY, where no one knows her.

I don't know with any certainty where she is. As I've said, there were sightings of her in Kensington, but all the sources on that are drug addicts. I've lost several of my friends to heroin overdoses, it's an epidemic in Philly and from my understanding, most of the rest of the country as well. I can't say for certain that I think that she is alive, and if she is, that me, or her family can help her. But, that is exactly what I'm looking for. Proof of life, and to offer her a second chance. I know I've had a few of those in my life.

Thank you all very much. It means a great deal to me that you care. I assure you she is worth it. As are so many others. My friends know me as a realist, but my gut tells me to keep looking in K&A. I have another potential sighting I need to follow up on tonight. I will keep you all posted.

Thank you again for trying to help find my friend.

I'll try to answer all the questions I can to the best of my ability. The last people to see her were here family. Her mom and sister have the kids. The father is not in the picture. But is unlikely involved in this.

Yes, I understand the danger of the neighborhoods I've been searching. I legally carry concealed. I do normally go by myself as those particular streets are no place for anyone much less her sister and family. The reason my search is focused in K&A is its the only place she's been 'sighted' since her disappearance. She has not been seen by myself or anybody who is truly credible. But, it's the best I have to go on right now. Delco is saturated with people that know her, I also know a number of people who are on drugs and involved in those neighborhoods, they are aware of the reward and I'm fairly certain would come forward with information if it was available.

Thank you for providing us some background information - I think having that is very helpful and while there is still little to go on, at least we know we have a resource that can answer questions if we need to bounce ideas or clarify items. Since the site is public, I think we are all aware that at times you may not be at liberty to share information with us and that is fine. With that in mind - do you know if the girl's both have the same Dad? I also noticed some biker contacts - any chance she may have hit the road with someone in that community? I just keep think that because she took no belongings - she was either starting over or thinking she'd be right back. The other alternative is self-harm but I'm taking that one off the table for now and being positive. The only reason I thought of that was because she has several Facebook accounts (I believe) and one has a bunch of sad postings - like she was in love with someone and he moved on (just my impression).

In any event, does anyone know if she had a savings/checking account and did LE indicate if any withdrawals had been made? (Again only provide answer if you are comfortable). Lastly, has the reward amount changed at all - any fundraising been done? If so - I'd suggest putting together a press release or contacting a reporter with that and seeing if they will pick it up. I had experience with PR in a previous life and can help in contacting a few local contacts if family /friends are willing to be a source for media questions. Be safe in your search this evening and hope you get some concrete answers. Yes, everyone deserves a chance and everyone deserves to be found if they were taken away. I think of her two daughters - they deserve their Mom back.

Alright. So, an update. After talking to Amanda's sister I have some more information. Her children are from two different fathers, neither of which are/were involved with her or the kids at the time of her disappearance. Her family are the last known contacts she had. There was a sighting of her at a bar in Erie PA, unconfirmed, LE checked into it with no results.

She was on backpage in June, I also discovered. Under the assumed name 'Gianna'. I have been browsing adds looking for her. It's very sad really, you never expect when you are a kid you would be in such a position with a friend. Also worth noting, Amanda has four (known) tattoos. An Italian boot on her side, lipstick marks on her read, a name under her breast, and a ring inked on her finger. (This is valuable if looking at the adds because often the faces are obscured.)

This sort of behavior isn't necessarily completely outside the box for her. But going dark for weeks much less months is completely out of character.

Wow, this is getting bizarre. Erie, PA? Yet, Amanda does not drive.

Backpage? And Amanda has a past of disappearing?

I don't know where to start.

Like I said the Erie sighting is unconfirmed. An employee of a bar in Erie saw she was missing and reported seeing her. I am not privy to the interview LE carried out but it apparently was viewed as a dead end. The gentleman was however not seeking a reward and appeared genuine. There have simply been no further sightings or concrete proof of her ever being in Erie. That's a looooong way from Philly.

TMAN, she has a history of reckless behavior, not ever full blown disappearance.

I see a site with a Gianna located in the Hudson Valley, 24 years old, 120 lbs. 5"4

That was not her. I am hesitant to post some of these links. I don't want to break any forum rules.
I tried googling some of the info that Chief provided, and look at some images. I am not very good matching up faces. This was not a match.

Is there somewhere on this thread with a good description of Amanda, including height, weight, eye color, etc?

Not many updates lately on our PA cases. I just have a hard time believing this woman would leave those 2 cute kids. Where can she be? Did she really choose to go away? Who would have forced her to leave?

Any chance she would post on craiglist personals ? I am going to look once I get to my personal computer. I'm on my work connection and they log websites .

If Amanda left with no $ or clothes, there is either someone else involved or she is no longer with us. That is why I give credence to the rumor that she could have become Gianna and started a different life. I would have no idea where you even start trying to find her. She could be anywhere. I tried a google search by image, but I just will not recognize her. You almost have to get lucky to solve this.

Amanda Ann DeGuio - White / Female / 24 Years Old - 5'2" - 115 Lbs. - Long Black Hair

Drexel Hill, Upper Darby Twp., Delaware County, Borders Philadelphia, in South-Eastern, PA.

Day 234

Sat., Nov. 8th: Missing Persons of America:

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2014/11/amanda-deguio-missing-from-phildelphia.html?m=1 :

"Upper Darby Police Department is attempting to locate Amanda DeGuio 24 years of age who has been missing from her Drexel Hill home since the first week of June 2014.
DeGuio is known to frequent the areas of Upper Darby, Clifton Heights, and
the Overbrook section of Philadelphia.

When DeGuio left her residence she left empty handed, no cell, credit cards, clothing, etc.
She has not contacted any family members, and has two children that were left behind with her mother.
Anyone that has information on the whereabouts of Amanda DeGuio is asked to contact Criminal Investigator Brad Ross of the Upper Darby Police Department at (610) 734-7677."
Case # 14-37424 -- [Emphasis Richrd's]

No Cell Phone --- No Credit Cards --- No Extra Clothing --- Two Young Daughters Left Behind

Family Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/amanda.deguio?fref=browse_search:

Includes Photo

[ Awaiting Law Enforcement’s Inclusion with PA’s 254 at U.S. Dept. Of Justice
NamUs, National Missing & Unidentified Persons System:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en ]

[ Useful Resources Include:

Lower PA Courts, except Philadelphia: https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/mdj.aspx,

Upper PA Courts, except Philadelphia: https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CP.aspx,

Nearby Philadelphia County Courts: https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MC.aspx , &

State-By-State Inmates: https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/initMap.do ]

A$ Alway$: PA Crime$topper$ -- 1-800-4PA-TIPS - https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

Nearby Philadelphia Police Tips: (215) 686-TIPS -- (215) 686-8477 – Text: PPDTIP (773847)

Our Thanks To Amanda's On-Line, and In-Person Searchers.

any updates on Amanda's whereabouts?

I'm afraid not. Still looking.

Probably done by LE already but did the cell phone company provide cell phone records? maybe calling some of the last incoming / outgoing numbers may lead to someone who contacted her ? Her children must be heartbroken. if she left on her own - maybe reversing the fliers would prompt a call? By reversing I mean what if fliers of her girls were handed out asking her to call them. As a mom I think it would have pained her to leave those children. But ...if she felt like she was not doing a good job she may have thought leaving was best for them. This is such a tough situation and so very little coverage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129
Back